Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The next WOW franchised game: Pet Battles ???

So Hearthstone was the first mini game out of WOW and it has been a great success on the iPad with grossings in the top 10 worldwide overall. More so in EU/China then the US, but still great top grossings on that specific platform.

At the same time Blizzard recruited new people for a no named "new game" ...

What do you see as some valid new WOW Lore games on the iPad/Androids ? And would you be interested ?

---- > I think it will be Pet Battles.

And before anyone comes in and say that's too niche ....: to have some clue about "success" on iPad games:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspen...ish-community/

Supercell made ... 829 million dollars with just 2 games on the iPad in 2013...

I think I begin to see why Titan was halted/redesigned in this new world of gaming.

Deleted
    People want a mobile version of pet battles pretty much since the feature was implemented in WoW. The respective thread on the official forums is massive by now.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard always denied that they have any plans regarding it.

But really, IF they'd make something like that...it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    People want a mobile version of pet battles pretty much since the feature was implemented in WoW. The respective thread on the official forums is massive by now.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard always denied that they have any plans regarding it.

But really, IF they'd make something like that...it would be awesome.
    That's why I made the thread as I was surprised by returning to these Pet battles in game (still get rolled by anyone though) and the link to the extreme money making of some very average games on the iPad.

On line gaming is booming, certainly on mobiles. I am very curious if the new games that Blizzard will develop get these platforms.

I have to say that I hardly play HS on my PC. HS is almost uniquely played on my iPad these days.

Deleted
    I would play something like Puzzle Quest.

btw. Kosak said some time ago that he is eating dinner with guy from Angry Birds talking about Angry Birds in Warcraft Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    I would play something like Puzzle Quest.

btw. Kosak said some time ago that he is eating dinner with guy from Angry Birds talking about Angry Birds in Warcraft Universe.
    I forgot that. While AB is certainly not my cup of tea... it tells us that Blizzard follows the new market, as should be.

Would be cool. I like pet battles but I don't care much for paying a WoW subscription just so I can play them.

To clarify; would this just be a version of pet battles that you can play outside of WoW, or is it a seperate but similar pokeymans clone?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Would be cool. I like pet battles but I don't care much for paying a WoW subscription just so I can play them.

To clarify; would this just be a version of pet battles that you can play outside of WoW, or is it a seperate but similar pokeymans clone?
    Good question. At the moment you would need WOW to catch them in the open world... At the other hand it would limit the number of iPad players seriously.

The problem is that Blizzard will only launch new games for a Multi million public ... and just having a pet battle interface on the iPads is conflicting with this (although they offer an Ipad WOW armory...)

So I don't know what the best solution would be .

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Good question. At the moment you would need WOW to catch them in the open world... At the other hand it would limit the number of iPad players seriously.

The problem is that Blizzard will only launch new games for a Multi million public ... and just having a pet battle interface on the iPads is conflicting with this (although they offer an Ipad WOW armory...)

So I don't know what the best solution would be .
    Whilst I do think it is a good idea and I would quite like to see something like this where is the money for Blizzard? I don't think pet battles, as much as I have enjoyed them, are good enough to charge a significant fee for and nor do I think such a feature would keep people subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst I do think it is a good idea and I would quite like to see something like this where is the money for Blizzard? I don't think pet battles, as much as I have enjoyed them, are good enough to charge a significant fee for and nor do I think such a feature would keep people subscribed.
    Gamble boxes!

You buy a box of pets with RL money and it has animals in it, exactly like Hearthstone.

Put me on the monetisation team, Blizzard! I'm ready!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Blizzard tower defense game.
    I'd play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    I'd play it.
    Man, I'd love a well-made TD game.

Gamble boxes!

You buy a box of pets with RL money and it has animals in it, exactly like Hearthstone.

Put me on the monetisation team, Blizzard! I'm ready!
    But what would be the point? You can already buy some of the most powerful pets and I would imagine that the most serious pet battlers have already purchased them. Why would they purchase a gamble box when they can already buy a powerful pet of farm for it in WOW?

Azeroth Pet Battles: Blue & Red?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But what would be the point? You can already buy some of the most powerful pets and I would imagine that the most serious pet battlers have already purchased them. Why would they purchase a gamble box when they can already buy a powerful pet of farm for it in WOW?
    If they're already paying a subscription fee for WoW or buying pets for WoW, then Blizzard already has their money- They don't need to monetize that audience.

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    I'd play it.
    But why would others buy it? There are plenty of tower defense games available for free. What would a Blizzard version have that makes it worth paying for over already established games?

- - - Updated - - -

If they're already paying a subscription fee for WoW or buying pets for WoW, then Blizzard already has their money- They don't need to monetize that audience.
    I agree and this is my point where is the incentive (money) for Blizzard to develop such a game when they already receive probably as much as they ever will from the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I think I begin to see why Titan was halted/redesigned in this new world of gaming.
    You do realise Hearthstone was made by a VERY SMALL team in Blizzard... yes ?

i.e. - It wouldn't have any impact on the development of "Titan".

Deleted
    Blizzard arcade fighter in which you're able to import your character and use template specs as your moves. Make it happen.

That be neat, I don't find the game too interesting in an MMO but for a mobile app it be decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile Pet Battles would be great but I would think they would have to do something more then just have it be a way to have pet battles outside of WoW. Maybe have it so the core game is free but it only allows you to battle with pets your already collected pets from WoW. You could gain XP for your pets through the app via random battles but not capture any pets. Then, for a small fee, you could gain access to a small campaign mode again AI trainers that would allow you to catch a few new pets exclusive to the app (like the recent Naxx update for HS). Then every 6 months or so release a new add-on for the app with a new set of exclusive pets. The free core game would give you a few basic pets to start with for people who don't play WoW but still want to play the Mobile Pet Battles. People who do play WoW would be able to import a small number of their collection from WoW. That way they would be able to attract both types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Man, I'd love a well-made TD game.
    TD Tycoon on SC2 Arcade is nice. I have very little experience with the genre, but I enjoyed it a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.