Poll: How much do you laugh?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I display my emotions very openly, probably too openly. I laugh and cry near constantly :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I cause more laughter than I laugh myself.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I laugh, giggle, and chuckle all the time, and it's hard for me to get angry and stay angry when someone is joking around, I always just end up smiling and calming down again.

For me, it's a choice really. Very similar to how, for example, I allow myself to get emotional at watching or reading something feelsy. If I'm in public, I'm not gonna get outwardly emotional. If I'm in my own home, around people I'm comfortable with, sure I'll get into it and might even cry at something particularly sad. For me, allowing myself to respond emotionally like that really adds to the watching or reading experience, gives it a deeper meaning and makes it more memorable to me.

So yeah, I could choose to watch a funny movie and keep a completely straight face the whole time, or I could choose to laugh out loud if I want to get into it. I'd very likely also say the movie or whatever was better if I chose to laugh at it. Laughter does have a physical effect on people. Stimulates the production of certain good-mood neurochemicals, etc. So I try to do so as much as possible.

Deleted
    I wonder if I let my 'inhibition' go and force myself to laugh at everything I find funny, that it may become easier for me.

Deleted
    All the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually I can get a chuckle, but somethings can just get my sides splitting like:

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/million_likes_photos

When I got down to the fourth picture I lost it.

Or this scene here, when Conrad says "it's just a poster and some candles," I lost it: (5:00)

Or this scene from Doctor Who, David Tennant's expression:

I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
    I DON'T KNOW!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Depends on how many beers I have in me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh a lot with my mate, but generally I do laugh a lot. In work I do a lot of fake laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    Less now than when I was younger. It doesn't mean I'm unhappy. My personality has become more subdued over time.

It even shows online. 10+ years ago, I would overuse emoticons while chatting. I hardly ever use them now.

fwiw I'm 36 yrs old now.
    hmm my laughter has increased with age it seems... i tend to enjoy life a lot more and just let loose... hell sometimes i think to myself is my laugh too loud and annoying then i quiet down lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    Less now than when I was younger. It doesn't mean I'm unhappy. My personality has become more subdued over time.

It even shows online. 10+ years ago, I would overuse emoticons while chatting. I hardly ever use them now.

fwiw I'm 36 yrs old now.
    hmm my laughter has increased with age it seems... i tend to enjoy life a lot more and just let loose... hell sometimes i think to myself is my laugh too loud and annoying then i quiet down LOL...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I laugh at literally everything. I find everything funny and I like making other people laugh. It truly is the best medicine

This cracks me up everytime (skip to 2:15)

No you "literally" don't. Please please stop using a word if you don't know what it means.
    OT: I laugh all the time! Usually its to something in my head, which garners the stares of people around me.

Yeah I laugh quite a bit especially at stupid stuff. It's easier to make me laugh when I'm with someone else. I also love to make people laugh (everyone says I'm quite funny) nothing better then seeing someone else's face light up. Especially if its a cute girl with a killer smile

Deleted
    It varies... somedays I laughy alot, Somedays not at all. Dat sad days in the Lab when nothing wants to work as intended

I know some people who laugh at the end of every sentence. It's a little weird.

Sometimes I get into laughing fits about dumb stuff and can't stop. Also, the last time I gave blood, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. There's this huge needle in my arm and I'm shaking from laughter. I guess it was lack of oxygen to the brain? I dunno, but it was weird and I didn't like it.