Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On Juggernaut you can just ToK and stand in the borer drill for 300-400k ticks, if you do it right. Better than running after a mine and getting knocked up I think.

- Just from two ToK's.

A lot of ground based DoT effects go crazy with ToK as has been brought up several times in the past. A few other notable ones are Sha puddles on Immerseus, Superheated on Siegecrafter, Fiery edge on Klaxxi and that's all that comes to mind right now but I'm sure there's some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    So how the hell do you guys convince your guilds to actually let you out of belt duty on seigecrafter?
    Recruit more hunters.

So how the hell do you guys convince your guilds to actually let you out of belt duty on seigecrafter?
    Well, I recommend Transferring guilds and then then when asked telling them you had never done belts even though they all know its a giant lie, but they still go with it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    Well, I recommend Transferring guilds and then then when asked telling them you had never done belts even though they all know its a giant lie, but they still go with it. :P
    588 WW LF guild where no agi users need HWF haromms pst... >.>

What if your guild runs a 3min, 4 belt only, 1 healer zerg strat that never lets any mines spawn on Siegecrafter? I solo first belt, hunter does 1.5mil nuke on boss, then helps me do next 3 belts, then we both get maybe 15sec on the boss before he falls over. I barely do 250k DPS in this strat /cry

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to be on belts as it's simpler, but we recruited a 2nd WW who doesn't do as much dps as me, so he can do belts if I want to dps the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    What if your guild runs a 3min, 4 belt only, 1 healer zerg strat that never lets any mines spawn on Siegecrafter? I solo first belt, hunter does 1.5mil nuke on boss, then helps me do next 3 belts, then we both get maybe 15sec on the boss before he falls over. I barely do 250k DPS in this strat /cry
    You 10 man guilds and you're crazy strats
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    You 10 man guilds and you're crazy strats
    Have to be "creative" when you can't just throw raid CDs at mechanics until they stop bothering you.

Another obvious ToK cheese is the Iron Oneshotthingy on Dark Shamans(don't need any other CDs to survive it with ToK up), but I'm not sure if there's any good ways of increasing the reflect from that. I guess if you have a warrior and he likes you very much, you could have him Rallying Cry just before you Fort Brew + ToK the Iron Oneshotthingy. A shaman healer is obviously good for ToK cheesing too.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-07-24 at 03:21 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

588 WW LF guild where no agi users need HWF haromms pst... >.>
    Lol, quoted for the truth. The struggle is real.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Does anyone know the maths on how long a mob needs to stay alive for applying SEF to be worth it?

I always also thinking about TEB today when I was using it on trash. Now obviously it resets when you pull a boss. But if you pop it on the countdown do you lose the damage bonus buff also? Im talking like, have 10 stacks on trash, countdown says 1 so you TEB and pre-pot, then pull.

Think last I read it was 6 seconds, Durrty. Could be wrong.

Also yeah, it does reset the buff on pulls. I'm not sure what the mechanic is because I've had stacks stay and reset before, not sure why.

Alright thanks for the info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Does anyone know the maths on how long a mob needs to stay alive for applying SEF to be worth it?

I always also thinking about TEB today when I was using it on trash. Now obviously it resets when you pull a boss. But if you pop it on the countdown do you lose the damage bonus buff also? Im talking like, have 10 stacks on trash, countdown says 1 so you TEB and pre-pot, then pull.
    SEF has to be up for around 8 seconds after you cast your first one.

Credit to Total this next bit is from his blog:

"TL;DR

-Use SEF to cleave or to AoE or damage a far away target

-Don’t use SEF if the target won’t live for at least 8 seconds" - http://totaltt.net/2013/10/03/storm-...-heed-my-call/

To use SEF you first need to put up your two spirits. This takes 2 globals and 20 energy + the small time they take to fly to the target depending on how far away it is. You also need to buff your SEF spirits with TP and RSK. So that's 3 chi you would use anyway, but the TP could be clunky in your rotation if you have the timers not line up with getting spirits up and having TP about to fall off. So your going to need 4 or so globals of SEF's damage after you summon and get them buffed to really make them worth it. This is where he came up with the 8 seconds from.

The TEB question is a very simple no. Both your stacks of TEB and any buff % damage increase from TEB get wiped on the start of each and every siege of org boss. This can never be done to cheese your pull like some other classes can do with twist of fate (spriest) or Inquisition (ret pallys). You can however start your pull with 4 chi this is pretty helpful for not wasting trinket uptime on doing jabs.

For more on SEF you can read the articles made by Total on his blog.
    Here is one for each fight in siege and how to use SEF: http://totaltt.net/2013/10/05/storm-...-of-orgrimmar/
    Heres another for the basic mechanics of SEF and some of its small annoyances: http://totaltt.net/2013/10/03/storm-...-heed-my-call/

Interesting read, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Think last I read it was 6 seconds, Durrty. Could be wrong.

Also yeah, it does reset the buff on pulls. I'm not sure what the mechanic is because I've had stacks stay and reset before, not sure why.
    Only bosses reset your TB, and they reset both TB stacks and TB damage buffs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Something to add to my post about SEF that I didn't know at the time is that TEB is also a buff on the spirits like TP is, so make sure you use TEB after the spirits are up for maximum scumbag potential.

You can survive a 25 HC Malk Arc Smash with ToK only? Or do you need Fort Brew or even Fort Brew + Dampen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    You can survive a 25 HC Malk Arc Smash with ToK only? Or do you need Fort Brew or even Fort Brew + Dampen?
    I've been surviving with just a ToK, I save Diffuse Magic for the Breaths so that I don't have to worry about where I'm standing. If you pop Fort Brew you should get some additional damage transferred, but you can survive w/o it as long as your shield is topped off.

Deleted
    You can Survive arc smash without any cd's on 25 HC malk if you just have enough of the shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    You can Survive arc smash without any cd's on 25 HC malk if you just have enough of the shield.
    That wouldn't increase your dps in any way though, which is the point of using ToK. It's easy enough to avoid to not put added stress on the healers.

Deleted
    True, but was more aimed at the guy who was wondering is TOK is enough to survive it.