Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    No, they play ranged classes. It's kinda tied to genetics.

My main in SWTOR was assassin before I quit. Not all girls play healers...hmm. Miss that toon, might log in to the game this weekend.

Deleted
    Ok I have a new statement, almost ALL girls are blind to the word "almost".
    Just had to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Porkisyum View Post
    Ok I have a new statement, almost ALL girls are blind to the word "almost".
    Just girls? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Just girls? :P
    Yes because you used "Not all" and not the mighty "almost" word.
    Last edited by mmoc5458ba1dce; 2014-07-24 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    guess I'm a woman then because I can't stand melee classes

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll admit to being instantly attracted to, or at the very least interested in getting to know (not a euphamism), a girl if I find out she's a gamer. Not exactly sure, but I think it's because I like people who are confident...and a girl usually has to have that by the truck load to publicly admit to being a gamer.
    It's not always "confidence", if you check twitch and streamers that are girls... It makes an impression the ones that go publicly about their "gaming" are more often about well exposed cleavage than gaming. Gives us females bad name, because the girls that play seriously often don't stream, don't show off and are more in the shadow (I think I saw one streaming girl that was showing more her gaming skill than her looks, and that was starcraft 2 stream).

Because of the bad fame associated with "I'm a girl and I'm a gamer" some girls prefer to not reveal any personal information including gender unless really necessary (like voice chat).

Also, one can be a gamer and confident, or be a gamer and really insecure or shy. Virtual world is actually a really good refuge for the shy and "anti-social" people, those who find face-to-face too intimidating.

Deleted
    Gaming girls used to be generally seen as bad players aswell, namely due to the attention whores that play mainly for the attention from people like katchii who jizz their pants at the sight of a gamer girl.
    And those girls generally didn't care about anything else and would get carried in what not because they flashed their tits or w/e so there is no need to learn to play.
    Again for those that think I'm talking about all girls, no not all of them just a lot of them.
    It's part of why some girls don't reveal they are girls either.
    And I guess the most important reason why they don't is cause it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl really and it is not relevant to what you're doing while gaming.
    The only thing that really matters is, do you have fun with the people you play with and do they fit within your level of skill and do they hold the same interests as in content.
    So it's a good thing really that there are girls that reveal they are girls only if really neccesary cause it will keep the pants of katchii clean.

About the whole confidence thing, if you wanna grow confidence go work in a store where you're forced to interact with people to do your job properly.
    You'll go from having 0 confidence to w/e you wanna call it, the opposite atleast in a matter of months.
    Did wonders for me atleast, went in there with 0 and I grew to become the best salesman they ever had in 50 years.

Gaming girls used to be generally seen as bad players aswell, namely due to the attention whores that play mainly for the attention from people like katchii who jizz their pants at the sight of a gamer girl.
    And those girls generally didn't care about anything else and would get carried in what not because they flashed their tits or w/e so there is no need to learn to play.
    Again for those that think I'm talking about all girls, no not all of them just a lot of them.
    It's part of why some girls don't reveal they are girls either.
    And I guess the most important reason why they don't is cause it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl really and it is not relevant to what you're doing while gaming.
    The only thing that really matters is, do you have fun with the people you play with and do they fit within your level of skill and do they hold the same interests as in content.
    So it's a good thing really that there are girls that reveal they are girls only if really neccesary cause it will keep the pants of katchii clean.
    1) I agree with your viewpoint on the differences in the types of girls and why they choose not to reveal themselves as women
    2) I also agree with your viewpoint on having fun/ enjoyment of the game being the primary reason for being a gamer
    3) Being attracted to does not equal being a hopeless creeper who can't control sexual desire (heaven forbid that I find someone who shares my interest in video games attractive or at least fun to hang out with).....not sure how you came to that conclusion
    4) you're a dick

I agree with predominantly ranged, but I think it's mostly risk aversion. I would bet that risk-averse men also gravitate to healers and ranged dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    guess I'm a woman then because I can't stand melee classes
    Same I like choosing when I can engage. Rather than playing follow the leader.

Deleted
    When me and the wife played WoW together she would only play a hunter, your theory is obviously 100% sound!

As a small aside I was playing a feral druid...the number of other players that /w her asking how she got 2 pets was amazing lol!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    When me and the wife played WoW together she would only play a hunter, your theory is obviously 100% sound!

As a small aside I was playing a feral druid...the number of other players that /w her asking how she got 2 pets was amazing lol!

If I had been drinking something as I read this I would have spilled it all over my desk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    3) Being attracted to does not equal being a hopeless creeper who can't control sexual desire (heaven forbid that I find someone who shares my interest in video games attractive or at least fun to hang out with).....not sure how you came to that conclusion
    4) you're a dick
    "Instantly attracted to" sounds like a hopeless creep to me!
    But in all fairness it was just a joke.
    But it is true I'm a dick and I'm not ashamed of it.

"Instantly attracted to" sounds like a hopeless creep to me!
    But in all fairness it was just a joke.
    But it is true I'm a dick and I'm not ashamed of it.
    Nuances of spoken language don't come across well in written text, unfortunately......I'd have probably said the same stuff IRL to my friends.

No worries, if I took it personally, there are much more offensive/ hurtful things to say than "you're a dick."

Also HK-47 = awesome

Deleted
    Oh don't worry I'm pretty well known for being a dick and like I said I take no shame in it nor do I take offense in someone saying that I am one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go around asking everyone if they're really a dude or not, so I have not seen this.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Almost every female I've played with in this game was a healing priest or druid...

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you bump this trash back to the top? I've known as many healer dudes as I have healer chicks. This stereotype is as old as the "women don't play WoW" stereotype, ironically. Stop it.

Sig by Isilrien

Deleted
    My girlfreind has a DK, Warrior, Paladin and a DuDu tank, a cupple of healers and Dps's :P

ive seen girls that is purely Melle aswell so yeah, they are out there!