Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What the hell? Like.. a week or so ago? Or a few days, someone else asked if Ettins would be on Draenor to show that they were a part of the family, but then one of the lore guys said that Brann was wrong about his theories, and that the Ettin wasn't a part of it. Now I don't get it anymore. O_o
    brann said ettin were descendants of ogres just like the orcs. he couldve been wrong about them being from ogres but they could still be part of the same lineage. maybe they evolved from one of the new members of the family we find in warlords
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    brann said ettin were descendants of ogres just like the orcs. he couldve been wrong about them being from ogres but they could still be part of the same lineage. maybe they evolved from one of the new members of the family we find in warlords

Ahh. That could be true. But they were still too vague then, imo. Also, then why no Ettins on Draenor? It's odd.

still the fact that there is no ettin at all in warlords makes it seem like they forgot about them. which to be honest i dont care that much about ettins. they never seemed to fit anyways, never saw them, horde never used them. and because of their size it wasnt like we wouldve missed them but were just supposed to act like theyve been here for years.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

its not recent. its from the old warcraft magazine the same place they confirmed night elves were dark trolls mutated by the well of eternity.
    Well, then, if this is your source: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...308#post329308

Then I have yet to see where did anyone say orcs are related Earth Giants, gronn or ogres.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2014-07-24 at 12:01 PM.

"In World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5, Brann Bronzebeard says that enough fossils point to them evolving from ogres, but he suspects there might be a "missing link". Any fossil evidence was likely lost when Draenor was torn apart."

fossils imply they lived on draenor. guess they are retconning their retcon or ettin are there we just "dont see them" maybe ettin are ninjas or there is some secret ettin village under some cave we never find or some dumb excuse like that :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, then, if this is your source: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...308#post329308

Then I have yet to see where did anyone say orcs are related to the Earth Giants.
    i really dont feel like digging through shit thats years old at this point just because you dont believe me.

still the fact that there is no ettin at all in warlords makes it seem like they forgot about them. which to be honest i dont care that much about ettins. they never seemed to fit anyways, never saw them, horde never used them. and because of their size it wasnt like we wouldve missed them but were just supposed to act like theyve been here for years.

I don't really like Ettins, but I do care about consistency and evolutionary ties. They could easily just throw some Ettins as a few mobs in the WoD zones, and that'll be enough.

The orcs did descend from the ogres so similarities between the two aren't that odd.

i really dont feel like digging through shit thats years old at this point just because you dont believe me.
    It's not that I don't believe you, I can see how those big hulking monsters can be related, but I can't find anything about it besides people throwing it around as a neat idea. And I can see this rumor being proven false in WoD and people yelling the word 'retcon'.

Besides, I enjoy learning about lore, and you guys said something I didn't know, that's why it caught my interest.

EDIT: Here, I found the info about Brann's notes in WoWpedia: http://wowpedia.org/Race_origins#Evo...Ogres_and_Orcs
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2014-07-24 at 12:08 PM.

"In World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5, Brann Bronzebeard says that enough fossils point to them evolving from ogres, but he suspects there might be a "missing link". Any fossil evidence was likely lost when Draenor was torn apart."

fossils imply they lived on draenor. guess they are retconning their retcon or ettin are there we just "dont see them" maybe ettin are ninjas or there is some secret ettin village under some cave we never find or some dumb excuse like that :P

- - - Updated - - -

hey i sometimes get confused whehter people are talking from an in-game perspective or from a real life perspective. you can't take what any in-game character says as fact unless they write the story in a way that makes it clear what the in-game character is saying is what actually went on, otehrwise you assume they are talking to the best of their knoweldge, which would mean as far as they know, if they're not just out right lying. whatever blizzard reveals in lore conventions or pubslihed narratives are essentially the fact of what happens for real if they state it boldly.

otehrwise any other source that is coming from i-game character is subject to toc hange. Sometimes they change their published stuff and we call it ret-con, they can do that, and the burden is on them to prove otehrwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It goes like this: Earth Giant/Grom/Colossi -> Fomor -> Gronn -> Ogron -> Ogre -> Orc -> Gnome
    Fix'd it for u.