Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Going outside fixes all your problems it seems.

More seriously though it sounds like you're kind of depressed.

If you can spare the time and money, consider taking a college course that interests you. Language (foreign, perhaps), a science course, an art course, cooking. Something that interests you. Evening courses, once or twice a week. Some students will be there because it gets them credits toward their degree, but others will be there because it interests them. Voila, something in common. Even if you don't find anyone you click with to befriend, you'll hopefully be having fun learning something new.

Met my best friend in a foreign language class. We continue to share an interest in that language, as well as computers and games. And now I'm feeling old again...
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

I would say MMO's are not what you should be looking into for feeling fulfilled. World of Warcraft, as an easy example, regularly devalues your achievements.

I've generally found Minecraft more fulfilling in the sense of being able to look back over your accomplishments, no matter how meek. That is my dirt house, and nobody can take that away from me.

Though practicality wise, you should be searching for more ways to actually achieve things in the real world. Maybe pick up some volunteer work. It may not seem like much, but that gets you out there meeting new people and effecting the world more than any purple pixelated pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.peacecorps.gov/

Best way I can think of to find meaning...if your U.S of course, although I am sure other countries have similar programs
    French Foreign Legion!

Seriously though OP, I know how you feel to an extent I guess, I don't really have any friends either (one or two at most, depending on how you're counting - and I don't see them more than once every month or two) and like literally all I do in my spare time is play videogames. I don't play MMOs any more or anything multiplayer really because internet people are assholes and playing with such people makes me unhappy, but I can happily sit and play through things like Dragon Age time and time again. Probably completed DA2 about 10 times and that's not even a particularly great game. I think that's okay though? I mean, so long as you are doing something you enjoy, then whatever. The problem comes when either you get bored of whatever you are playing and don't have an alternative, or when other people come along and make you feel like shit for it "omg what kind of loser are you, you really play videogames for 16 hours a day on your weekends?!" but if it's what makes you happy, then fuck'em.

Sounds like you are having trouble with the boredom aspect though, to which I can only really suggest trying alternative games. Try a different MMO or two, or some singleplayer stuff. Always found that singleplayer stuff, at least if you ramp up the difficulty with mods where possible, or by setting yourself weird artificial restrictions, can be fun. A good example of some of these can be found on the internet, http://nowrongwaytoplay.tumblr.com/. Some examples include Far Cry 2 without any deaths (die = start from the beginning) or save/load (Except to log out. Any progress is permenant), borderlands 2 without any gear whatsoever, baldur's gate ironman mode (all deaths and choices are permenant, no save/load). Homeless "the sims" etc.

Other than that, you can try to find outside game interests. A girlfriend or boyfriend can be fun, and will take up a bunch of your time (Which creates a nice feedback loop with your videogames, you'll have less time to play them so they'll last you longer!) Try a different hobby too. Something that involves creating things so that there's some kind of reward. IF you arn't an arty type, then try something like baking / cooking, or building and painting models (model planes, figurine things like warhammer stuff, whatever). It all takes up a bunch of time and keeps you happy and gives you feelings of accomplishment and something to show for it!

Sounds like you are starved of meaningful relational contact and you are trying to make video games a substitute for the relationship(s) that you don't have, but *know* that you should. I'll give you four options:

1) Ignore the feeling. Might lead to a depressive episode, complete with padded walls, but it's doable.
    2) Go out and get a job, or change your career. Seek out positions where you are interacting with larger groups of people that you do now. Minimum wage or part time is acceptable, remember it's not about income but about interaction, though if you can get a better position than do so.
    3) Volunteer at some community helps organization, with less of a focus on political activism and more on helping hand type activities. Think a local food kitchen instead of Center for American Progress.
    4) Volunteer for a political party or candidate. Keep it local though, and stay away from national level races (too much of a meat-grinder).

Quote Originally Posted by Zelda Fan Guy View Post
    Think that this kinda brought me to an epiphany of sorts. My main problem is, I don't have friends, rofl, I know that sounds very sad in it's own right but it is what it is.
    Go and make some. Get a job, make friends there. I'm a "regular" at a couple restaurants, and have made friends that way. I've never really used MMOs to make friends, but I have probably 20ish friends on facebook that I know strictly through Wow (none from the other MMOs).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    stop playing video games and do something meaningful then, like building a shack in some forsaken forest

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Here's what you need to do.

1) Stop being such a sad sack of shit. Seriously, you come across as someone who just sits at home all day masturbating to digital pixels. Go out, find a girl, get a hobby. Shit like that.

2) Confidence breeds belief. If you're confident in yourself, you can do anything. Instead of just sitting there and being like OH I DON'T FEEL LIKE PLAYING VIDYA.

3) Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard. You know what I said about getting a hobby? Find something you fucking enjoy instead of just playing video games. And don't listen to any of the other fucking shut-ins in this thread about watching anime or some shit like that. Go out, meet people, enjoy your life.

4) Seriously, go outside. You just sound like the most pathetic fuck in the world.
    TL;DR: Your hobby isn't as good as other hobbies, sorry.

How about some real advice: It sounds like your hobby isn't as fun for you anymore. Do you have a stable group of friends that you play with? How about bringing friends over and doing local MP, that's always a blast, even CO-OP. If nothing else, keep experimenting. Maybe the genres you didn't like are better than you thought.

If you really feel that you need a change of hobby, rather than changing how you enjoy your hobby, find something you've always wanted to do, but suck at. The first step to not sucking at something is trying to not suck at it.