Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Glad they finally added an option to hide/change weapon enchants, even if it's limited. Can't say I care much at all for the Warcraft movie though; would be far more preferable if it was a CGI movie, rather than what we have with real actors/etc.

Deleted
    Expect a lot of little changes in the movie that is going to annoy to no end hardcore fans. With a movie adaptation sometimes you just got to make adjustments and changes, example in the Fellowship of the ring Frodo is like 50 or something, also when Gandalf leaves at the start after giving Frodo the ring he disappears for 17 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Glad they finally added an option to hide/change weapon enchants, even if it's limited. Can't say I care much at all for the Warcraft movie though; would be far more preferable if it was a CGI movie, rather than what we have with real actors/etc.
    As much as I hate over use of CGI (Staw Wars prequels, Transformer movies) I think this would be the best route to go down for a WC movie using WC style, I'm a bit worried how it will look in live action. Plus Blizzards cinematics are always extremely well done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Expect a lot of little changes in the movie that is going to annoy to no end hardcore fans. With a movie adaptation sometimes you just got to make adjustments and changes, example in the Fellowship of the ring Frodo is like 50 or something, also when Gandalf leaves at the start after giving Frodo the ring he disappears for 17 years.

As much as I hate over use of CGI (Staw Wars prequels, Transformer movies) I think this would be the best route to go down for a WC movie using WC style, I'm a bit worried how it will look in live action. Plus Blizzards cinematics are always extremely well done.
    You can't compare a time period to something established for years though. In any case, time is not going to be a problem for Warcraft as (from books at least) everything spans in the period of 10 years.

As for CGI - yes it would be amazing. Is it possible? No. The costs will be in the billions if the entire movie was CGI. I'm sure they won't let down and use CGI to add in the racial/distinct features.

Judging by the logo, you can clearly see how Blizzard only cares about money, doesn't care about their loyal player base, is sexist and misogynecologist and things really went downhill when they introduced flying, which was in TBC (the best WoW xpack).

Meaning: settle down dweebs, the logo is OK. Who the heck cares. It works better for the film than the actual Wacraft logo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Judging by the logo, you can clearly see how Blizzard only cares about money, doesn't care about their loyal player base, is sexist and misogynecologist and things really went downhill when they introduced flying, which was in TBC (the best WoW xpack).

Meaning: settle down dweebs, the logo is OK. Who the heck cares. It works better for the film than the actual Wacraft logo.
    You made my day xD

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats already a thing its just not implemented yet.

any playable race can be your guards.
    Well, right now they're developing that you can have any of your faction's races as guards.

I'd like to see them as the races and colors of the Neutral factions.

I think it would be rather easy, as they all ready have basic guards for all the factions all ready (So Earthen Ring will choose the Shamantic Races from Cata, while Argent Crusade would have the Wrath-era races).

I just think it would be neat as a way to let people who have worked for these older reps to get something of it, but its' only cosmetic.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

if you gonna replace an iconic logo at least replace it with something good cause this thing is a bit ugly.

Hah I expect most people to be choosing the enchanter garrison building! I think the very worst (best?) example of a hideous and visually overpowering enchant was Power Torrent. I really could not stand how that looked and it completely obscured the smaller weapon models. I certainly hope there is some sort of preview window.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post

You made me laugh, but I still think the logo is shite.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Terrible logo. Looks like from Transformers, not Warcraft.

Uhm, why not use the regular Warcraft logo? This looks terrible.

Deleted
    QQQQQQQQQQ logo hurr durr

I'm more interested if they get the music, atmosphere and characters right.

Hurrrrr logo durrrrrrrrr

Sadly there was no Allen around to open window-blinds of the person who designed the logo

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/08/why...oony-graphics/

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    QQQQQQQQQQ logo hurr durr

I'm more interested if they get the music, atmosphere and characters right.

Hurrrrr logo durrrrrrrrr
    This is quite possibly the most juvenile argument I've ever seen on this board. Are you twelve or something? "Hurrr logo durrrr?"

Mongoose on every weapon lets go!

Transformers: 300 edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    The usual Warcraft logo would look goofy as fuck for a live-action movie. Plus, it's not like the movie is being made to appeal to specifically us, and it's in the hands of a lot of people who are already as personally invested in the franchise as anyone else.
    This, basically.
    The original Warcraft font is good for the franchise, but wouldn't work at all for a movie that is supposed to primarily draw in a crowd that is not familiar with the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Uhm, why not use the regular Warcraft logo? This looks terrible.
    Because it looks like a logo for a cartoon. It would be idiotic to use it for the live action movie. It's a Hollywood production and a mainstream movie. It's not made just for people who know the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbye View Post
    Holy balls. Frostmourne, Lothar's weapon and shield, Blackhand/Ogrim's weapons...I'm going to jizz.
    I'm sorry but how is THAT Frostmourne? Don't you think it's lacking something?

Deleted
    so goddamn happy they introduced the enchanting transmog. NO ENCHANT VISUALS EVER god i hate all these flashy junk glows, at least crusader had some sort of dignity when u had it. hating my 2200 enchant till the bone that i just decided to use ironbark staff since it hides the enchant rofl