Deleted

[books] Free today - AlterWorld, book #1 of the new Play To Live MMORPG series

Hi guys,

Any Russians here? I think I've seen a few people already. They'll know immediately what I'm talking about!

AlterWorld, the first English translation of the bestselling Russian MMORPG novel series Play To Live by D. Rus is available FREE on Amazon today July 24. The second book, The Clan, will be free tomorrow July 25 (also in English, naturally).

I'm not posting any links for fear it would be considered spam, just go to Amazon and type AlterWorld to download the free gaming novel.

LitRPG is the latest bestselling Russian science fiction genre that merges a traditional story line with gaming sequences and conventions. Think book meets game. The five books of the Play to Live series became bestsellers overnight in 2013 and 2014 and now they're finally available in English.

A new pandemic - the perma effect - has taken over Earth of the near future. Whenever you play your favorite online game, beware: your mind might merge with the virtual world and dump its comatose host. Woe be to those stuck forever in Tetris! And still they're the lucky ones compared to those burning alive eternally within the scorched hulls of tank simulators.

But some unfortunates - the handicapped and the terminally ill, shell-shocked army vets, wronged crime victims and other society misfits - choose to flee real life willingly, escaping to the limitless world of online sword and sorcery MMORPGs.

Once a seasoned gamer and now a terminal cancer patient, Max grasps at this final chance to preserve his life and identity. So he goes for it - goes for the promise of immortality shared with a few trusty friends and the woman he loves. Together they roam the roads of AlterWorld and sample its agony and ecstasy born of absolute freedom.

sounds intriguing. will have to give this book a read.

Deleted
    Thanks! The book has only been on Amazon for a few days but it's selling like hot cakes, apparently. MMO people all seem to love it, judgng by their reviews. I promised the author to "spread the word" a bit but I didn't expect anything like it.