Page 32 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is the first build, how could you even say "this is how they'll be if we don't IMMEDIATELY rush to tell people in droves on Twitter what is bad about it, and comparing her to a dog." (because comparing a model to another creature worked out so fine last time. Foxy worgen, ftw.)

I'm just saying calm the critique-train until at least next build. Some tweets suggesting changes? Sure. But not the entire train ramming into the devs' faces at once.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll remember to tell the fox-like worgen.

- - - Updated - - -

Calling upon authority. Wow. That's the saddest thing you can do.

And yeah, that credit they gave the art team worked out for all of those who now have to play the buggy, chihuahuapuppy mess that is the worgen. And this tauren is already as bad as the worgen? Haha, jeez. I hope you're not serious.
    Im not calling on authority, im saying that those of us who are concerned about our taurens are getting the shaft from those of you who are saying "I might actually play one now, yay!" like its suddenly a new race. Calm your udders.

This is not the first time we've seen or critiqued the new tauren. We had a while to ruminate over the artcraft and there is a slew of awesome constructive feedback if you want to go look in the previous pages. Its not a new thread, the issues we're talking about are not new, just easier to see in a moving model.

Like Snuzzle said, the femworgen happened because they had a tiny reveal then and eaven tinier time for feedback. So logically. Earlier feedback = better.

Deleted
    Just tweeted it to Chris. I hope we will get an answer.

https://twitter.com/Caramelhoof/stat...545857/photo/1

Just in case people didn't see it (or are just plain ignoring it...):

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Zorbrix
    Quality Assurance
    Target Source#112 - 2014/08/21 06:38:00 PM
    I just wanted to confirm that this build will have 5 new Player Character Models. Troll Male and Female, Human Male, Tauren Female, and Night Elf Male.

We've mentioned this before when models are first shown to you folks in beta, but I wanted to stress this point again: These models are a Work-In Progress. Things will not be perfect, and our QA testing of these models (and the subsequent bug fixes) are not yet complete.

I do hope you enjoy the models and give constructive feedback as appropriate, but please keep this is mind when looking at the models today.

Settle down. The models are WIPs, things are in flux right now and not everything on them is finalized.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Just in case people didn't see it (or are just plain ignoring it...):

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Zorbrix
    Quality Assurance
    Target Source#112 - 2014/08/21 06:38:00 PM
    I just wanted to confirm that this build will have 5 new Player Character Models. Troll Male and Female, Human Male, Tauren Female, and Night Elf Male.

We've mentioned this before when models are first shown to you folks in beta, but I wanted to stress this point again: These models are a Work-In Progress. Things will not be perfect, and our QA testing of these models (and the subsequent bug fixes) are not yet complete.

I do hope you enjoy the models and give constructive feedback as appropriate, but please keep this is mind when looking at the models today.

Settle down. The models are WIPs, things are in flux right now and not everything on them is finalized.
    Just because it is WIP doesn't mean we are not allowed to give feedback. If there is no feedback, they won't change anything. They even ask us to give feedback, so thats what we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    Just because it is WIP doesn't mean we are not allowed to give feedback. If there is no feedback, they won't change anything. They even ask us to give feedback, so thats what we are doing.
    Give feedback. That was aimed at the people who were acting like things couldn't be changed, not the people giving feedback.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Give feedback. That was aimed at the people who were acting like things couldn't be changed, not the people giving feedback.
    Honestly the likelyhood of them changing the fundamental issues of the head is quite low but we might be lucky enough to get some texture changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hey, I told you guys to please take it easy, at least for the first build, but I got the very silly "you have no authority because you don't plays one. You can't know what would fit a tauren." so I'm out. Whatever happens, enjoy. I apologize for even mentioning the radical notion of taking the brutal criticism easy, at least for now, since it is the first build they're in. I should've checked my tauren-initiate card before daring to stand up to you senior tauren players.
    Huh? Who said that? I didn't say that and I didn't see anyone else say that...

I'm very glad you like the new tauren as they are. Like I said before, if this was billed as a reimagining of female tauren, or if this was a brand new model and this was what they looked like from go... it's not bad. It's not something I would have been enamored with like the original model, but it's pretty good.

It just falls apart and fails at recreating the soul and even basic characteristics of the original model, you know?

No one's breaking out the pitchforks, but we're just not sugar coating things. Is that so bad?

EDIT: There is also the fact that even though this is the first build she's been in, her design has been floating around for quite a while. We had the textures months ago, and the Artcraft not too long after that. And the worst thing is, in an effort to differentiate half the faces from the "dog nose" they made them look like gaunt goats. So, needless to say, we want to give specific and thorough feedback.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-08-22 at 03:01 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by anemicshoe View Post
    Honestly the likelyhood of them changing the fundamental issues of the head is quite low but we might be lucky enough to get some texture changes.
    I dunno they seemed to change the shoulder angle of the male Taurens. The new model the angles was in a more downward slope giving the male Tauren a narrower width. In the SW/Org armor vid posted a few days ago it appeared the male Tauren shoulders are more parallel to the ground and have a wider width again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    White face there is face 3, white fur (last skin). The other two black faces in that screenshot are also face 3 if you can believe it. I wonder if they were intentionally trying to make more face differentiation from the pelt colors since we have so few faces, you know? So face 3 will look very different depending on whether you have spots or not, and different still if you pick the white fur.
    The three faces you linked earlier are all the same ignoring the skin color. It is the color making illusions. There is not a single difference between those three faces but the skin tone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    The three faces you linked earlier are all the same ignoring the skin color. It is the color making illusions. There is not a single difference between those three faces but the skin tone.
    Um... yes? That's... my point?

They gave them different patterns on the nose because of the changes in fur color.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    I dunno they seemed to change the shoulder angle of the male Taurens. The new model the angles was in a more downward slope giving the male Tauren a narrower width. In the SW/Org armor vid posted a few days ago it appeared the male Tauren shoulders are more parallel to the ground and have a wider width again.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhhh...no they are all different. I can cycle through them on the beta and see the mouth, nose, and cheeks change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Uhhhh...no they are all different. I can cycle through them on the beta and see the mouth, nose, and cheeks change.
    No, he meant my barber shop picture, which is indeed all face 3 but with different furs to show how the solid fur and spotty fur affect the nose.

Sig by Isilrien

No, he meant my barber shop picture, which is indeed all face 3 but with different furs to show how the solid fur and spotty fur affect the nose.
    Ah yea I see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    I just realized how bad this face is. Nothing like the classic one. I mean don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind change or if it would be an option aside from the 4 faces we already have, but man, those look so diffrent.

I'm more worried about the body texture than the face. In fact what discust me is the OLD Face. This new face seems PERFECT for my Warrior.
    I'm a strict Tauren Player. My Pandaren is race changing back to his original Tauren state as soon as 6;0 is out.
    My Shaman is the other character character I cherish and she is female.

Honestly, I'm LOVING both. My greatest worry is if the ANIMATION will be on par with the excellent male one.

Are you able to adjust the facial features? Can you make a new one to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    Are you able to adjust the facial features? Can you make a new one to find out?
    There are only 4 face options, same as live. 3 and 4 are horrendous(I think 4 is the goat face), 1 and 2 seem okay overall.

seems like the head is looking more downward or something (maybe its the chin?).

the teeth are creepy..

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to remain calm and believe our dear tauren females will be fixed. Honestly when I saw my main whom I've been attached to for over 9 years, I was shocked. She was a blond.....very pale skin and a very blond mane...and I am used to seeing her as a darker color...have a figure print and poster of her. Took her to the barber shop hoping to fix it...which it did a bit....but still nothing like my main. There's still plenty of time for them to get it right. The nose is just not right, have to agree with the dog look. The running and moving though is very nice

Blah, they look like crap. I guess I'll be staying Dwarf forever :'(

Deleted

Her new face looks like she literally pulls a long face :C so sad

Somehow her face look SOOOOO much better in your barber shop pics! Like the old one C: Because her nose is not pointing down to the ground so much. And her lips are small
    If her face would stay at that position all the time together with the less visible lips I would be SO happy! And with the fixed nose she would be perfect for me~ (at least in these screenshots) well and with a big more closed mouth, she looks like making a little and quiet "uuuuuh" sound because she likes her new haircut x) I want to keep that Tauren and hug her before facing the other reality >_<

And I see green eyes which makes me happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaruHanako View Post
    Her new face looks like she literally pulls a long face :C so sad

Somehow her face look SOOOOO much better in your barber shop pics! Like the old one C: Because her nose is not pointing down to the ground so much. And her lips are small
    If her face would stay at that position all the time together with the less visible lips I would be SO happy! And with the fixed nose she would be perfect for me~ (at least in these screenshots) well and with a big more closed mouth, she looks like making a little and quiet "uuuuuh" sound because she likes her new haircut x) I want to keep that Tauren and hug her before facing the other reality >_<

And I see green eyes which makes me happy
    Yeah the nose is pointing down too far, way too far..it should go out...not down.