Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Uldir Release Date, Leveling Speed Feedback, War Mode Feedback, Blue Posts

Diablo Beastiary Book & Challenge Rift - Week 57

New Warrior Card Reveal - Omega Assembly

The State of Supports, Blue Posts, Weekly Hero Rotation & Sales, HeroStorm Ep 44

Controversial Sombra Changes and New Hero

Uldir Release Date
    The opening dates for Uldir have been released:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The following is our current planned release schedule for Uldir raid content:

• September 4 - Normal and Heroic open
    • September 11 - Mythic, Raid Finder Wing 1: Halls of Containment (Taloc, MOTHER, Zek’voz, Herald of N’zoth)
    • September 25 - Raid Finder Wing 2: Crimson Descent (Fetid Devourer, Vectis, Zul, Reborn)
    • October 9 - Raid Finder Wing 3: Heart of Corruption (Mythrax the Unraveler, G’huun)

We’ll have more information to share in the next few days on when other types of Battle for Azeroth content will unlock.

Patch 8.0.1 - Leveling Speed
    Hey guys! We've been discussing the continued concerns about the speed of leveling since the pre-patch and we have a couple of updates to share with you.

Since the pre-patch we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling content, and are continuing to find and fix bugs wherever possible. The intention was never to make leveling slower than it was in 7.3.5.

If you're still finding it slower that it was a couple of weeks ago after those hotfixes, specifics about where you are, what you're fighting, and what spec you're playing would be extremely helpful for identifying any remaining issues.

There is also a bit of weirdness at the moment with mob HP once you reach Legion content. Essentially due to de-powering the Artifact, we needed to make outdoor Legion mobs weaker than earlier content; otherwise, max level players would find themselves suddenly having a much harder time with outdoor world content such as World Quests. The development team realizes that this is resulting in a very jarring experience moving from Draenor to the Broken Isles, and plans to adjust Legion content to be more in-line with where it should be as leveling content in a future patch.

Thank you guys for your continued feedback on this!

Thanks for an actual response this time Ythisens. Unlike last time when you were discussing philosophy with the playerbase instead of acknowledging the elephant in the room.
    Yeah the confusing thing about that thread yesterday was that it was about philosophy of feedback, but once I stated it it was quickly bombarded (understandably) with things that are currently issues.

The issue is that it STARTED getting slower in 7.3.5.. Going back to 7.3.5 leveling is better than what we have now sure, but it's not what we want.
    You're right the curve was adjusted to be smoother and a little bit slower in 7.3.5, so in comparison that would feel amazing, however that change was one that some players actually do enjoy. While its not what you want, some players did like that. I personally think it's slower and preferred it before the 7.3.5 patch(cause I'm the kind of player that wants to level really fast and just have more alts) but I understand why it was changed and recognize there are players that do like that change. I thought it felt equally jarring that someone could go from 1-100 in a matter of a few hours. The 7.3.5 patch felt like a solid middle ground between how it was in Classic/The Burning Crusade and to how it was pre 7.3.5 at least to me.

Leveling Speed Feedback
    The EU has a similar but somewhat different post on leveling speed.
    Just an update here, we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling the content since the Pre-Patch to address issues such as; adjusting mobs that were too hitting hard, some mob HP being disproportionately high, bosses having lethal abilities that weren't lethal before etc. both in, and out, of dungeons.

If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before (this is for both open world, and within dungeons), please do continue to make bug reports about it. Being as specific as possible with the report, including information such as the name of the mob, what felt off, any high impact abilities, as well as what class and spec you're playing, will really help pin-point further pain-points so that we can fix them.

Likewise if there are any dungeons you feel take too long or don't award EXP proportionate to the length, please do continue to submit these reports as well.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to submit reports so far. We're continuing to squash bugs and make adjustments as the reports come in, the intention isn't for leveling to be slower than it was in 7.3.5

Wow! thanks for an overdue post that doesnt actually address many of the issues. there is STILL no word about the dungeon completion bonuses. ive spent half my time attempting to level and the other half sending in bug reports. even gm's have brushed me off. just admit its broken. that's all we are asking! I dont care if it didnt get fixed for a week or so at least admit there is a problem! this has still not been addressed or even commented on!
    It was explicitly said in the Q&A last week that it's not intended for leveling to take longer, or be any more difficult, than it was in 7.3.5. If a mob took around X seconds to kill in 7.3.5, it should still take around X seconds to kill in 8.0.1. If it doesn't, we will fix it - this is an ongoing process.

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue - you should receive the same bonus each time when doing a random dungeon. We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

Yes, you're right, I do realise it's frustrating to be told "make a bug report" - but from my own play experience recently there's definitely mobs out there that are in worse places than others in terms of time-to-kill and damage output. Specific details about the mobs that feel much worse than others allow us to get to those, and alleviate those pain-points more quickly. However, this doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't be looked at.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel similar to what it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

War Mode - Bounty Hunter and Air Supply Drop
    Two of the new Battle for Azeroth War Mode features are now enabled in Darkshore.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The 'Bounty Hunter' and 'Air Supply Drop' features are active in Darkshore, and will be active of course in all Battle for Azeroth zones. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Bounty Hunter System
    Infamy has its ups—and its downs. You can become infamous in War Mode by killing a certain number of players of the opposite faction without dying. Once you do, you’ll achieve the status of Assassin and gain an increase to your damage and healing by 15%. Congratulations!

Of course, there’s a downside to your newfound infamy. The more players an Assassin kills, the more likely they will show up on the zone map for other players to target and kill to gain a bounty. Players who successfully kill an Assassin of the opposite faction will receive Conquest points as well as other rewards. There can be three (or potentially more) Assassins on any Battle for Azeroth zone map at a time, providing plenty of opportunity for players—or groups of players—to take their revenge on the opposite faction’s Assassins.

Air Drops
    From time to time, a flying machine will make its way across the sky. The rumble of its engine is a clear indicator that something is afoot. You’ll want to keep an eagle eye on the sky and watch for a War Supply Crate to drop somewhere in the zone. Similar to the chest in Gurubashi Arena, players can fight over the crate and claim it for their faction. Once a faction has gained control of the crate, anyone of that faction who is within the area will have a short period to open it and collect a piece of personal loot.

War Mode Feedback
    World PvP and War Mode
    Hey Blizz! Wanna know why we all liked World PvP when it was still good? Because it happened naturally. It was chaotic, unplanned and surprising. You never knew if World PvP was going to happen at all when moving out into the world. Even if you wanted to farm in peace, you could be ganked and harassed at any point. People who didn't want anything to do with it got involved anyway, which was great. You always had this feeling of vulernability in the back of your mind. Amazing stuff.

Having an option to enable or disable World PvP via War Mode defeats the purpose of this whole system. World PvP only works if players DON'T have the option to disable it, obviously. Enabling War Mode clearly states that you have an intent to go out into the world and do World PvP. Players now plan for it. You expect it, you see it coming. You made it boring and unnatural. There is no chaos or surprise anymore.

I guess I've been having a very different experience to you.

I've been leveling an alt recently and turned on War Mode. All the feelings you mentioned are feelings I had on a PvP realm, and also feelings I have now in War Mode. Especially now I've hit Northrend.

When that level 110 lands in front of my character to mine from a node, the hairs on my back stand on end. I don't know they're going to engage or just fly off to the next mining node.

When I head into an area to kill some mobs for a quest, I don't know if that character 7 levels higher than me is going to attack me or not. We seemingly both just want to get our quests done. There's a wild west stand off kind of moment as we both look at each other, wondering who's going to make the first move, then I get shanked by a Rogue I didn't spot, who starts dancing on my corpse.

When I need to kill a named mob for one of my quests, and I see someone already fighting it. You bet I'm going to attack them and try to defeat them so I can reset the mob and claim it for my own progress. Sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires and I bite off more than I can chew.

On PvP realms there were players who were there out of circumstance - who had no interest in PvP'ing. They may have been there because their friends were on that realm, but they just wanted to quest and be done with it. There are some of those players out there in War Mode too, who are simply using it for EXP bonus. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

War Mode and Stormwind / Orgrimmar
    Stormwind and Orgrimmar are what we call a "mixed shard" of players who have War Mode enabled and those who don't.

So if you are invading Stormwind, for example, you will encounter players who are not in War Mode, and currently you'll also find players in War Mode who are not flagged for PvP combat (since this is their territory).

We're going to do a change soon to make you permanently PvP flagged while in War Mode, which should alleviate situations like Hoofzies'.

Thanks for the feedback! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

War Mode and Seeing Other Faction Players
    We have warmode on, but the entire zone is empty of Alliance. Kinda lame.
    It is likely because there is a significantly greater number of Horde active in War Mode at the moment. Essentially your shard is the "leftover Horde" shard.

The system maintains a number of shards which attempt to maintain a degree of faction balance within them. When we have an excess of one faction, those are put into their own shard until more of the other faction arises.

Not ideal, and we're doing what we can to reduce the frequency of that occurrence. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Posts
    Responding to Feedback
    Why do you think that the class devs forego alpha and beta feedback in which the players playing the game know how things will turn out? then halfway through or at the end, the devs finally admit the alpha/beta testers were right and make changes, only to create new problems for the next expansion that the alpha/beta testers will inevitably mention will happen and get ignored about, again?
    So this is good but its a bit hyperbolic. You're not wrong but you're also not right. Of course feedback is listened to and things are changed. Every hotfix or change that we implement we actually can see, so we can follow essentially everything that is happening between QA and Dev. There were hundreds and hundreds of changes(I'm using this as a blanket term here to include everything class related, even bugs) Class Design wise just in the alpha alone. There will always be problems, WoW is a huge behemoth of a project to work on that is so incredibly complex that its hard to get down, even we get it wrong sometimes.

Just because something doesn't get a response also doesn't mean it was ignored. It could be a number of reasons as to why it wasn't changed to whatever you think it should be. Changing one thing can create a domino effect that has ramifications that we don't for-see. There's an issue right now for example where Inquisition doesn't work correctly with T21 and Divine Purpose, because those two things have not existed on live realms together, but once we fixed that it now causes Inquisition to do something else that is equally unexpected. This is all taking place on the development realms for example so you won't see it in the live game. I know its a pretty niche one-off example but I'm using it because it just came across my inbox.

There are also times where the Dev team disagrees with the feedback or its because of something else that we can't change it, but I do think where we disagree we should have at least a philosophy somewhere whether its in a Q&A or a blue post somewhere, we at least try to do this. It also doesn't exactly feel very good if you suggest something and we just respond with "No." So it's a complicated thing sometimes. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Daughter of the Sea Song
    Where can we download the song in the Warbringers: Jaina short? That music was really f-cking good and I want it on my phone so I can listen to it on repeat. Any plans to put it available on iTunes? Spotify? Amazon? etc?
    Currently at this time it's not downloadable. I'll pass on that you guys were asking for it though and ask.

I know it wasn't mentioned on this thread but I've seen it asked in a lot of places and wanted to point out that is actually Laura Bailey singing as Jaina Proudmoore and Donal Kearney sings the male lead. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-07-25 at 09:08 PM.

Seems similar to how Emerald Nighmare opened but well not really fond of gating LFR until nearly 2 months after it launches.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should hold of with LFR of raid tier 1 until the 2nd raid comes out.
    Wanna see the content while its current content? Do normal/hc/mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Why should people be punished for wanting to raid LFR? You have no factual basis to support this by the way so you are already backed into a corner on that one.

Give an actual reason of how it affects you that they do LFR.

Personally I think it should be every week because even with weekly gating from the 4th you would still have it open by the end of September/Early October.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Why do you give a shit when other people can do the LFR? Does it hurt you or anyone you hold dear?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to hear what will they say about the communities

Everyday is patch day, it's why I don't play anymore. When classic comes out it should just come out as it's base is as it should be. But I bet they'll bugger that up somehow, we know they will.

Blizzard HQ (last 10 years)

Last edited by Tatakau; 2018-07-25 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    Everyday is patch day, it's why I don't play anymore. When classic comes out it should just come out as it's base is as it should be. But I bet they'll bugger that up somehow, we know they will.
    How?

It's one difficulty set of content in Classic.

Plus the attunements for MC and Onyxia are essentially the gating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatakau View Post
    That has to be the dumbest shit i've read all year.

"I hate when developers patch my game, that's why i don't play"

Why would you even touch Vanilla then? You know that one had one of the most patches of all, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Why do you give a shit when other people can do the LFR? Does it hurt you or anyone you hold dear?
    Fight for mythic! Fight for everyone you hold dear!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Point, WoW is the most patched, hot fixed game I've ever known. They're trying to hide it this time by getting everyone on live to bug fix before the game (launches)

Yes vanilla had a lot of patched and fixes, but that was years ago. The game is a convoluted mess now in my opinion it's just reading fixes every time I come here instead of interesting news.

10+ Year Old Account
    October 9th, 2018 - Wing 3 LFR Uldir opens
    October 9th, 2018 - The final LFR Wing of Uldir opens
    ??

Two wings open up on the same day. This can't be right!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why should people be punished for wanting to raid LFR? You have no factual basis to support this by the way so you are already backed into a corner on that one.

Give an actual reason of how it affects you that they do LFR.

Personally I think it should be every week because even with weekly gating from the 4th you would still have it open by the end of September/Early October.
    If u wanna RAID (as ppl call LFR raiding), u should put in effort to do so, if thats too much to ask for, there are plenty of clicker games out there.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

If u wanna RAID (as ppl call LFR raiding), u should put in effort to do so, if thats too much to ask for, there are plenty of clicker games out there.
    So basically it has zero effect on you?

Got it.

And as I said no factual basis.

So nice to know this was a pointless conversation with you when asked to provide factual basis as to why LFR should be gated until the next tier or none to explain how it even affects you.

Basically it's the overused "But he shouldn't be allowed to do the content because I say so!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilthana View Post
    ??

Well Uldir has 8 bosses. Only thing I can guess is each wing is 1 boss? Or a mistake.

Only a few weeks after Launch? Okay then. So...it's like Legion. Neat.

Cant they just do some sort of buff to low level players against non player targets that makes it easier to lvl? More damage/xp or whatever.
    As of now its super dumb leveling. Takes WAY too long even with looms and war mode xp-bonus.

I guess its all to promote their lvl 110 boost sells...

Plus the attunements for MC and Onyxia are essentially the gating.
    God I would kill for attunements over time gating again

15+ Year Old Account
    So basically it has zero effect on you?

Got it.

And as I said no factual basis.

So nice to know this was a pointless conversation with you when asked to provide factual basis as to why LFR should be gated until the next tier or none to explain how it even affects you.

Basically it's the overused "But he shouldn't be allowed to do the content because I say so!"

- - - Updated - - -

Well Uldir has 8 bosses. Only thing I can guess is each wing is 1 boss? Or a mistake.
    No it dosnt affect ME, but it affects the game as a whole, when ppl get used to being rewarded for not doing anything, it ends up dumbing down the game for everyone, just see how BFA is turning out to be
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ilthana View Post
    ??

Nope, my mistake. I changed the phrasing to make it clear Wing 3 was the last one and left both in by mistake. Sorry!

^ As I said above even though I don't play I follow the game, but a month after launch seems a bit soon. Unless this only only half the expansion, No one even talks about allied races anymore.