Thread: Chopper

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Don't know. I really doubt they are just going to throw away the whole Alliance bike idea.
    I think they will make it available later on...by whatever means.

Quote Originally Posted by CottonBall View Post
    Alliance did not win this contest. Whatever the situation, Allaince still lost. No need for a runner up trophy, or a "I participated" ribbon or a consolation prize. Alliance didnt win.

PS I liked the Alliance snowmobile. I wish it had won. I dont want another trike for my Horde toons.

Off Topic: @Enosh: What video are you talking about? What BlizzCon? Are there links to the video?
    he's heavily exaggerating to prove his nonexistent point, as most people who scream "alliance favoritism" do.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    he's heavily exaggerating to prove his nonexistent point, as most people who scream "alliance favoritism" do.
    He's referring to the Corpsegrinder video, which did in fact happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusshead View Post
    rewarding or promoting a faction over another is by definition favoritism they do it often. Go to bliz con
    wear an alliance shirt enjoy getting ripped the whole time your there..
    Its not favoritism when both factions were able to VOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    wut?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2yvZM1wn04
    so what exactly is heavy exaggerated?

like people said, blizzard is multi million company which means stuff that gets put up on their main event isn't just an accident but goes through multiple people and not one, from the poor intern who had to beep it out to the head PR guy thought that putting up a video of someone calling a significant part of their playerbase fags who should kill them self is a bad idea

it's not just that they put up the video, it's that they saw it, edited it and still no one thought it's a bad idea
    this says a lot of the culture at blizzard and how they view the alliance playerbase
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-07-28 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    wut?

like people said, blizzard is multi million company which means stuff that gets put up on their main event isn't just an accident but goes through multiple people and not one, from the poor intern who had to beep it out to the head PR guy thought that putting up a video of someone calling a significant part of their playerbase fags who should kill them self is a bad idea

it's not just that they put up the video, it's that they saw it, edited it and still no one thought it's a bad idea
    this says a lot of the culture at blizzard and how they view the alliance playerbase
    I completely agree. Made this point a few times over the years myself, because it's still relevant. It was a representation of Blizzard's view. They put it on their big screen.

The fact that after the incident they apologized to the LGBT community for this, but had no problem with the presentation's insulting nature toward the Alliance half of their customer base speaks for itself. Showing that the offense toward the Alliance players was intended by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2014-07-28 at 12:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Yes, and while the person that actually made the remarks does not work for Blizzard and isn't affiliated with them (he's the front man for a death metal band)...we should keep in mind that Blizzard DID invite the band to play at Blizzcon, and they did not say a word about his remarks until several days after Blizzcon, and even then the apology was just a forum post. And Blizzard did choose to keep his comments in when playing the video on their big screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpsegrinder

Since Cataclysm, the horde vs alliance mentality has spilled over more into real life. Back in the beginning (up till Cataclysm really), WOW fans were WOW fans. Since Blizzard's inane "faction war" nonsense, there has been more and more hostility toward alliance players (actual players, not the in-game characters) at public events like Blizzcon. Blizzard has been accused of horde favoritism since Cataclysm. It should also be noted that up until Cataclysm, alliance had a clear advantage in many areas of the game (especially in zones and cities)...Cataclysm just evened things up. But there are still claims of faction bias on both sides. With this clear division in the community and mounting hatreds (the Corpsegrinder incident was certainly not the only one - there have been people assaulted for wearing alliance shirts), it would've been in Blizzard's best interest to make a contest that would bring the community together. Something horde and alliance could unite to vote on, rather than making 50% of the playerbase "losers".

The bike is irrelevant. The fact that horde won the contest is irrelevant. The claims of "we won fair and square" and "it's a contest, contests have winners and losers" and "losers shouldn't be given a trophy for participating" are ALL irrelevant. If alliance had won, there would be JUST as many complaints, saying the same thing, only the color of the portraits would be swapped. This is NOT what the WOW community needed, especially with the state it's in. The community needs to be brought together, not divided further. Basically, Blizzard saw a fire and deliberately decided to dump gasoline on it instead of water, and then proceeded to act confused when there was an explosion.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-07-28 at 12:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    ... it would've been in Blizzard's best interest to make a contest that would bring the community together. Something horde and alliance could unite to vote on, rather than making 50% of the playerbase "losers".

The bike is irrelevant. The fact that horde won the contest is irrelevant. The claims of "we won fair and square" and "it's a contest, contests have winners and losers" and "losers shouldn't be given a trophy for participating" are ALL irrelevant. If alliance had won, there would be JUST as many complaints, saying the same thing, only the color of the portraits would be swapped. This is NOT what the WOW community needed, especially with the state it's in. The community needs to be brought together, not divided further. Basically, Blizzard saw a fire and deliberately decided to dump gasoline on it instead of water, and then proceeded to act confused when there was an explosion.
    Well said. Especially this section. I completely agree. Running the event as a contest which would divide the customer base seemed like an extremely poor idea from the first announcement. This was mentioned to them in mass at that time as well.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2014-07-28 at 12:44 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Well said. Especially this section. I completely agree. I felt that the way the event was run was as a contest dividing the customer base seemed like an extremely poor idea from the first announcement.
    And my comments are from the perspective of someone with a horde main. I do have some alliance toons, but I only have 1 90 on alliance, and I have 5 on horde, just to put things in perspective. My orc shaman will be my first character levelled in WOD. I voted for the alliance bike, because I didn't like the tricycle look of the horde one. :P But I still think the contest in the way it was held was a BAD idea, it was the last thing the WOW community needed. I'm not making my statements because I'm a "sore loser" or "want a trophy for participating". My main is horde. I get the bike. I don't care about the bike.

All this does is prove, for about the 100th time, how out of touch the developers are with the playerbase. I facepalm when I hear some of their comments now. 5.3 is another great example of this. Horde got an epic battle to retake Razor Hill, fighting alongside faction leaders. Alliance got a 5 minute quest chain involving controlling a robot cat. Lots of threads about it later, the "lesson" Blizzard learned was "huh, I guess the alliance players don't like stealth missions". Seriously? The developers are so out of touch with what the players want (especially alliance), that they might as well be in another galaxy. Horde isn't all roses and sunshine either, but it's definitely better.

And no, it's not getting better. At all. From what we've seen, WOD will be more of the same. Horde gets all kinds of epic quests, alliance gets joke quests with robot cats and drunken dwarves. I know nothing can ever be 100% equal when you have two sides, but there is a MASSIVE disparity. I levelled an alliance toon to 90 so I could see it for myself. Compare horde vs alliance in Twilight Highlands. Blizzard actually admitted that the alliance side of Twilight Highlands was cut because they didn't have time, so they shoehorned alliance characters into the horde quests (Vermillion Redoubt made NO sense as alliance). And in 5.3. Even in 5.0 where they made the horde lose their airship while the alliance kept theirs, felt really forced. The horde Jade Forest quests made you really FEEL like you were lost in unknown territory and had to find allies and fend for yourself. Alliance was like here you go, make friends with this villiage, we'll fly back to Stormwind and return with reinforcements. Have fun with the fish people. Yes, there was silly/joke content on the horde side too, but only a tiny fraction as much. This disparity ONLY started with Cataclysm, it did not exist in WOTLK and earlier. They are clearly developing the horde content first, and then using whatever time is left over on the alliance. Heck, the alliance isn't even an alliance anymore. It's basically the Empire of Stormwind now, with Varian Wrynn as the warchief. I don't think the answer to "the alliance needs more epic content" is "make the alliance exactly like the horde".

Anyway, this has gone pretty offtopic from the contest...but I'm speaking as someone with a horde main, who levelled an alliance toon to 90 just to see what all the fuss is about. I can definitely see how alliance players are feeling neglected. It's really a shame, because in vanilla-WOTLK, alliance had some REALLY epic content. The Onyxia quest chain was far more epic on the alliance side, for one.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-07-28 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you're too far off topic. The disparities in content focus and quality are relevant to the chopper because they are huge part the reason the event as a contest had no hope of being perceived in a positive light from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    God, don't remind me. The amount of hysteria there was over a heavy metal band being... a heavy metal band...

People getting their panties in a wad over Corpsegrinder and Blizzard having to issue a formal apology is one of the milestones of stupid on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    God, don't remind me. The amount of hysteria there was over a heavy metal band being... a heavy metal band...

People getting their panties in a wad over Corpsegrinder and Blizzard having to issue a formal apology is one of the milestones of stupid on the forums.
    Well, Blizzard did choose to play a video which included their invited (paid) musical guest hurling homophobic slurs at half their player-base at Blizzcon, their main community-outreach event. Numerous people have had their careers destroyed for similar things all over the public and private sector. The fact that Blizzard didn't realize that playing such a video would cause a major backlash is fairly telling as far as their PR department is concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xords View Post
    I bet they'll sell the alliance mount in shop for 30 bucks ahahahahahha, I would't be suprised...
    I hope they do. There's nothing more satisfying than trolling through the countless QQ threads from alliance players..............................

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    wut?

Or maybe they have a sense of humor and you don't.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst part of this entire thing was the empowerment of the trolls.