Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

US soldiers arrested over assault and rape

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/gene...a4caa3f18.html

Two American soldiers from a base in Italy have raped and beaten a pregnant prostitute and then dumped her in a field. One of them even has prior allegations of rape.

Do they really let just about anyone in the US military these days?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

Two American soldiers from a base in Italy have raped and beaten a pregnant prostitute and then dumped her in a field. One of them even has prior allegations of rape.

Oh please, really? Any asshole could have done this, the fact these guys are in the military is irrelevant.

Also, I'll leave this here.

Monsters come in all shapes in sizes, and all professions; hiding in plain sight. These monsters just happened to have been servicemen.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are approximately 1.2 Million people, including reserves, in the U.S. Army. It is entirely possible two of them might be rapists.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Nope. But these guys must have lied on that question, "Will you ever rape and beat a prostitute?"

Unfortunately standards for joining have been lowered significantly, most rapists are repeat offenders. And if he's been caught while in the military know that he's probably going to be in jail twice. The military is going to punish him THEN they're going to give him to the civilians. Double jeopardy doesn't apply to military courts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    There are approximately 1.2 Million people, including reserves, in the U.S. Army. It is entirely possible two of them might be rapists.
    yeah. you'll have bad people in evey part of life, it is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post

As the child of someone who was in the military, the third panel is exactly right haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrad View Post
    Unfortunately standards for joining have been lowered significantly, most rapists are repeat offenders. And if he's been caught in the military know that he's probably going to be in jail twice. The military is going to punish him THEN they're going to give him to the civilians. Double jeopardy doesn't apply to military courts.
    Unless these guys joined during the worst parts of the Iraq war, the standards have gone back up.

What a couple of nuts. Also, pregnant prostitute still prostituting? Wow, what a world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    What a couple of nuts. Also, pregnant prostitute still prostituting? Wow, what a world.
    yeah lol my first thought too!

that poor baby will have aids before it's even born.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrad View Post
    Unfortunately standards for joining have been lowered significantly, most rapists are repeat offenders. And if he's been caught while in the military know that he's probably going to be in jail twice. The military is going to punish him THEN they're going to give him to the civilians. Double jeopardy doesn't apply to military courts.
    I highly doubt that. Historical evidence aside, I think military organzations around the world not only condone but even encourage such behaviour. To think they'll be punished twice (without having a real, recent example) is naive to say the least.
    Last edited by Orly; 2014-07-25 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

There are tens of thousands of US troops just in Europe, there are bound to be some rotten eggs.
    They will be dealt with accordingly, italian civilian court(?) it seems, odd but good.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2014-07-25 at 07:41 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Duke Wellington said, soldiers are 'the scum of the earth'. People who join the military arnt exactly your high-classy sorta people.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    As Duke Wellington said, soldiers are 'the scum of the earth'. People who join the military arnt exactly your high-classy sorta people.
    Man, you're not very bright.

Well I guess there is no doubt that military service is more attractive to certain types but it seems a bit unnecessary to point that out here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the OP going to post a story about the rape of every Roma woman in Italy? Or does that only happen with US servicemen?

Lol at these obvious nation bashing agenda threads.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Man, you're not very bright.
    Agreed, I may only know a handful of people in the armed forces and while they may not be "High-Class"(whatever his definition of it is) but they're definitely Good people and definitely not "the scum of the earth."
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Oh please, really? Any asshole could have done this, the fact these guys are in the military is irrelevant.
    Well, not irrelevant. The OP was asking if they let any one into the US military. There should be some standard on who gets in the military. Your round-about answer that, yes, any asshole can be in the military doesn't make it irrelevant. The real question is what level of responsibility the military has in making sure its members don't rape, savagely beat, and rob the people in the countries they're stationed.

Also, I'll leave this here.

Of course it's hyperbole because it's a joke, but I don't think it's unwarranted for a person to wonder how an alleged violent criminal's past experiences influence their behavior. Especially if those past experiences include them serving our government, which can make us culpable to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I guess there is no doubt that military service is more attractive to certain types but it seems a bit unnecessary to point that out here.
    If you mean motivated and intelligent young people who want to get a college degree without being crushed with debt, your right.