Theory on the Russia/Ukraine crisis

I have two theories as to why putin started the whole Russia/Ukraine crisis.

1: Putin is a closet homosexual and is using this crisis to point all media attention away from him long enough for him to spend time with his gay lover. I mean he has all the stereotypes of a closet homosexual:

-Obsessed with manliness
    -Always trying to prove his manliness by doing more extreme "Manly" things, such as hunting dangerous animals and posing next to them shirtless.
    -Hes a homophobe

No matter how you look at it all the signs are there

2: He has a terminal illness and will die soon and wants to Go out with a bang, by starting an international incident.

What are your thoughts fellow MMO champ posters?

PS i feel as if this whole incident could be solved if putin was found out to be gay, or had a video of him being released having intercourse with another man

I've seen no evidence of #2.

Why don't you try to seduce him? Make a video of it and post it. There you go, you stopped the war. Thank you in advance

Well they would of course hide his terminal illness as best as they could. Being sick makes him look weak, and that would ruin his manly image

Deleted
    Point 1, do you even have the slightest evidence to back up this idea that men that act very manly are somehow closet homosexuels?

Point 2, do have the slightest indication that he has a terminal illness?

Deleted
    I have two theories.

1) Despite the illegitimacy of the recent referendums people in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really do want to be part of Russia.
    Or
    2) Despite the illegitimacy of the recent referendums people in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really do want to be part of Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    I have two theories.

1) Despite the illegitimacy of the recent referendums people in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really do want to be part of Russia.
    Or
    2) Despite the illegitimacy of the recent referendums people in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine really do want to be part of Russia.
    "People" is really such a broad term.

Is it 1/10 of the total population? 4/7? 2/5? Where are these "people" anyway? I see no civilians holding signs that they want to be part of anything. They just want this war to end.

We have seen what "people" are able to do in Egypt and other countries. All I see in Ukraine is a group of militants doing really stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    I've seen no evidence of #2.
    This theory is thriving in russian Internet for a while now. There are some signs that could be interpreted as him having a spinal tumor. Still, looks more like wishful thinking for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    "People" is really such a broad term.

Is it 1/10 of the total population? 4/7? 2/5? Where are these "people" anyway? I see no civilians holding signs that they want to be part of anything. They just want this war to end.

We have seen what "people" are able to do in Egypt and other countries. All I see in Ukraine is a group of militants doing really stupid things.
    Well according to the Crimea referendum in March 1.2 million people (80% of the population) voted in favor of joining Russia.

And to be honest despite the illegality of the referendum I can somewhat believe the results. The politics and attitude of Crimea have historically been very pro-Russian and very different from it's Western counterparts who are Pro-EU.

Eastern Ukraine is less so, but still there's quite the presence. If they had a referendum there and 50-60% of the population voted to joining Russia I'd be inclined to believe that result too.

Deleted
    Thread full of conspiracy theories and outright trolling can never end up bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    When a country is created, a government is set up to represent it. As far as I can tell, the people living in the country cannot divide it if they don't like the government.

What ends up happening, is that either the government arrests the people that star causing issues, or the people that want change move to the place they feel best represents them. Or they work within the government to change it to better meet their goals.

My family left Russia because living there was hell... we moved to the US because the US fit more with what we saw as a "just" society.
    A democratic government is the will of the people.

The government governs by CONSENT of the people, their approval as it were, and living in America you should know this better than most. *Cough* 2nd amendment *cough*.

But in any case it isn't quite that simple. Ukraine was a territory of the Soviet Union prior to it's collapse in 1991. A significant proportion of the population identify themselves as Russian (20% of the total last I heard) and this proportion is heavily concentrated in Eastern Ukraine and in Crimea.

It's quite a bizarre situation. You've got countries supporting Ukraine because they see it all as a violation of Ukraine's sovereignty. You have Russia supporting what they see as the will of the people. And you have the USA getting involved against Russia simply because it's Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    What are your thoughts fellow MMO champ posters?
    That you should post on your main or if it's banned, take it as a hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if being jokingly meant the original post is little more then conspiracy theory and trolling supposition with a healthy dash of Nation bashing. We do not allow threads like that for obvious reasons, so I'm going to close this thread down.

CLOSED.