Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why can't we have some normal looking armor sets?

Does it bother anyone else that WoWs armor models are so over-the-top? I mean I'm not saying stop making them because I know people love them but at least make some more practical nice looking armor models for transmog lol. Like the new Stormwind guard armor. I LOVE that model and would wear that on my paladin over anything with a real looking sword and probably the shield from culling of Strat lol. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?

Deleted
    I can't see how it would hurt to have a couple of downtoned armor sets but I think Blizzard simply made the artistic choice of player armor being a tad over the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    Like the new Stormwind guard armor. I LOVE that model and would wear that on my paladin over anything with a real looking sword and probably the shield from culling of Strat lol.
    If Blizzard would dare to make something like that a Tier set, people would bitch about it being WAY too simplistic/bland to no end.

I think back to DS priest tier simple would be nice, most of MoP seems completely strange to me.

I've always thought that Blizzard should hold yearly events where they make their designing software available to the public for a couple of months and let players create and submit things and then if they're really good the stuff could be used in game. Just look at all the awesome stuff that people come up with for Skyrim. It would be a great way to add more content to the game and not take away from Blizzards resources they're using on more important things.

Deleted
    Make more dungeon sets, those sets still looks good to this day.

I do play ESO lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Well that is kinda the cartoony style of Warcraft.

If you want more elegant armor and tiersets then you might want to check out ESO instead. That is pretty much the only MMO I know with non-exaggurated 'more practical looking armor'.

I wouldn't mind some more Horde and Alliance themed sets again though. I really like the TotC sets, too bad the tier itself sucked as raidcontent lol.
    Right, but people shouldn't have to venture out into different games to find diversity in armor... or maybe they should. Blizzard is pretty stubborn about how their characters look. Despite many people asking over the years for a toggle shoulder option they still refuse for no freaking logical reason.

Deleted
    Tier sets don't necessarily need to be ... plain, but atleast green or blue dungeon gear could be less ridiculous.
    Classic had so many armor sets and choices, now we habe 3 sets per addon , not counting tiersets.

Every green item looks exactly the same ... but the WoD armor sets are just ridiculous ... no idea what they have done there.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see some more basic armor types, It's not going to bother me that much though, as there is still armor in game I can appreciate^^

Deleted
    I don't think WoW would look good with 'normal / plain' types of sets. People wouldn't like it, it's too different and not in line with the cartoon style of the franchise.
    Strange statement if you consider that WoW have been exactly like that till cata...

I feel like they could make a couple armor sets that look more realistic and practical but make them look awesome enough that people will love them.

Well they do tend to overdo the shoulders. Certain shoulders look like they have gnomes living in them. But I guess it's to take the focus off gear parts that can't be decorated. Sometimes they jump the horse with decorations.

I don't think WoW would look good with 'normal / plain' types of sets. People wouldn't like it, it's too different and not in line with the cartoon style of the franchise.
    I think it would be a breath of fresh air.

Personally I'd rather have an understated, but beautifully crafted piece of armor with minor engravings for decoration, rather than the huge glowing orbs and spikes that stab through your characters head when you emote.

Basically, all people are asking for are updated versions of the low level armor that's already in the game now.
    I'd use it, if it didn't look like it was made with 4 pixels.

Like the new Stormwind guard armor. I LOVE that model and would wear that on my paladin over anything with a real looking sword and probably the shield from culling of Strat lol.
    I can honestly see that as rep Transmog set.

Awwww yiiissss
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is quite many 'simple' looking sets already. The raid tiers has never really had a story of being simple in my book.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Does it bother anyone else that WoWs armor models are so over-the-top?
    No because WoW is over the top, from day 1. It's not a "medival simulator" and it's not a "ad&d online sim". This is one of the first sets from 2005:

World of Warcraft is comic style and over the top. If you don't like that, play a different game.

Or transmog yourself to WotlK leveling gear and blue sets - those where pretty "realistic" compared to other sets.

The real gear also looks pretty stupid if you ask me:

Nice skirt...
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-07-26 at 02:02 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No because WoW is over the top, from day 1. It's not a "medival simulator" and it's not a "ad&d online sim". This is one of the first sets from 2005:
    http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Paladin-t1.jpg

World of Warcraft is comic style and over the top. If you don't like that, play a different game.
    I don't think they ever had an idea for simple tier armors. Everyone has better chances at Dungeon, Quest or crafted armor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Does it bother anyone else that WoWs armor models are so over-the-top?
    Kind of.

After seeing how nice the WoD alliance guard set looks and that it's not available to players, it does make me sad. It reminds me of the really nice ICC guard set they made and also wasn't available to players. It seems like Blizzard reserves their nice classic fantasy sets for their NPCs.

@OP... the regular armor/weapons, so to speak, are the white (common) ones you can purchase via vendors or sometimes get in world drops (or early quests). IMO, they screwed up by not allowing people to transmog those. Real big waste.