Deleted

play now or wait for expansion?

I was playing wow for 2 years straight. early wotlk to cata then i have been playing for about 1 year spread out. 2 months here, 4 months there etc..

I was playing priest healer during this time but i got really bored.. then i went hunter which i really enjoy but i think the hunter changes are too much ...

now i am either aiming to focus on Rift 3.0 , aka expansion, 8th october and go tank there ( easier to tank from the start and progress from beginning, or i can level a paladin tank to 60, pick professions and then buy WoD...

Why i still dont know what to do:
    1. Legendary cloak. so important and good and none like anyone without it at this point.

2. none want a character, especially tank who has no experience with just that character, even though i have played tank before.

3. LFR is easy, FLEX will be hard to join as tank with no achivements...

4. i am thinking of just waiting instead for WOD instead of wasting time in the game now..

5. the difference between LFR, flex and normal gear are so huge it is ridiculous.. running around in LFR gear and join FLEX will almost get you kicked immediately

What do you guys think? :S hard question but any returning players this close to WOD?

I am going to wait for the expansion. I might even wait until a month after expansion. If I were to play now, I would find a good raiding guild to join and start working toward normal or even heroic raiding.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It comes down to this; Do you enjoy playing WoW? Yes/ no.

At this point, I come to expect people will remove me for x reasons. If they don't and I accomplish what I set out to, easily, all the better. If for some reason I don't, and I get removed for some reason I don't understand... so be it. I can still accomplish what I want, just will take a little longer.

In my opinion, I really like WoW and the lore/ world in general. There is always something to do, mount to farm or reputation to gain that will go towards being "ahead of the curve" in WoD.

Don't focus on being the best, just do your best and enjoy the ride.

I've been around since the first launch, and what a ride it's been!

10+ Year Old Account
    When an expansion hits, everyone seems to be in an awful rush to experience all the new content and progress their character(s).
    Right before it hits, progress seems somewhat meaningless, but I see it as a prime opportunity to hunt down achievements I wouldn't normally put as a high priority and farm gold to fund my crusade into the nest expansion

Deleted
    Wait. Nothing new to see right now. Blizzard dont deserve your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iamcute, I have been using my time to get achievements done and gearing a few characters. Gold is also important, like Tyrgannus mentioned. Especially since we'll be using gold for a lot of things come WOD. If you enjoy achievements, earning gold and just casually playing Wow than now is a great time for you to start playing again. Obviously if you are not going to have fun, don't do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by FoshayFox View Post

Don't focus on being the best, just do your best and enjoy the ride.
    FoshayFox, I wish someone had told me this when I first started playing!
    Me? Sarcastic? Never.

start 2-3 weeks before WoD
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I'm unsubbed right now and will go back in wod. No point playing until then.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you have whatever you want to play in wod at 90 right now so youre ready to go, i would wait.

I have one of every class at 90, i have plenty of gold. Ready to prawn it up server first style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    When an expansion hits, everyone seems to be in an awful rush to experience all the new content and progress their character(s).
    Right before it hits, progress seems somewhat meaningless, but I see it as a prime opportunity to hunt down achievements I wouldn't normally put as a high priority and farm gold to fund my crusade into the nest expansion
    Really great point, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Wait. Nothing new to see right now. Blizzard dont deserve your money.
    I would suggest you read patch notes, they say otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start when 6.0 hits..just to adjust to ability changes/ grind gold/ clear bags/ level alts etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Anira View Post
    Iamcute, I have been using my time to get achievements done and gearing a few characters. Gold is also important, like Tyrgannus mentioned. Especially since we'll be using gold for a lot of things come WOD. If you enjoy achievements, earning gold and just casually playing Wow than now is a great time for you to start playing again. Obviously if you are not going to have fun, don't do it!

FoshayFox, I wish someone had told me this when I first started playing!
    Haha, no worries. It really helps to just be relaxed about the experience. Any game on the market will fall short if your expectations are out of whack. I've found it a lot of fun to complete Brawlers guild and Faction achievements etc. Just gotta take your time and read, Warcraft had me at WC3... so I do have a bias. : )

Glad your having fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm going to start when 6.0 hits..just to adjust to ability changes/ grind gold/ clear bags/ level alts etc...
    I'm a bit nervous with the ability pruning and class changes. I have a feeling they will take away customization and leave us rolling the OP classes... Like a League of Legends character roster, except WoW. I may be rambling right now, but yea I will be keeping an eye on the patch notes.

So far, Monk/ DK are looking ridiculous and OP... again.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Basically going to do the same thing. Start playing again when the patch hits and complete the pre-WoD content that will be released before the expansion. Get that over with and fix my bars for most of my characters. Since i'm in beta moving things around won't be such a pain in the ass. Also have to figure which toon i am going to main for PvP. Got to have 1 PvE toon (my hunter) and 1 PvP toon to level for each expansion. Leaning towards my DK though!