Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    im not seeing a yeti there i do see a keeper of the grove....not sure what is so bad about that play could someone explain it to me?
    Innervating an early Keeper of the Grove is a huge, huge waste. Battlecry is wasted and a 2/4 is far from being a big problem even on turn 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is when they use coin for turn 1 hero power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Valid strat for a handlock with an awful hand, or for a mage/rogue/druid Vs Zoo/Mur Lock having played a 1 health minion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Innervating an early Keeper of the Grove is a huge, huge waste. Battlecry is wasted and a 2/4 is far from being a big problem even on turn 2.
    Maybe you hope it stays alive and follow it up with Protector - if you're against fast rush.
    It's not the best of plays and would have most likely been wiser to save both - but hey, sometimes you have a hand full of crap and you know you're going to be overrun by turn 4.. so what the hell..

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done this to people before vs Chiilwind Yeti, can't find my screenshot though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Tried, didn't like it. Too slow for rush, not solid enough for control, at least from my few attempts with it.
    I've been using it in my Paladin control deck and it's seen some pretty solid value - almost always trading 2-3 for 1. I especially love it when people panic and use big removal cards on it leaving them vulnerable against my other heavy hitters. At best it's a devastating board advantage card, most of the time it performs averagely (even soaking a sap from a miracle rogue once, was funny when he couldn't deal with my Sunwalkers and Tirion afterwards). At the very worst when it gest MC'd by a shadow priest, which has only happened once to me, I just board wipe with an equality combo anyway, or kill it with weapons/shielded minions.

So far out of the games I've played with it, it averages out to be one of the best value for mana cards for it's spot. I'd consider removing it if more people played priests and kodos, but since I face priests in ranked like 1 in 25 games and probably 1 in 100 games I see a kodo played - I'd say it's a decent card for today's meta.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    My favorite it when they silence their own Scavenging Hyena.

Oh wait, I did that....I meant to Beastmaster him and I dragged the wrong card out without realizing

10+ Year Old Account
    but where does the yeti come into play?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but where does the yeti come into play?
    It's a "pretty common" opening to see from druids, turn 1 or 2 yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I've been using it in my Paladin control deck and it's seen some pretty solid value - almost always trading 2-3 for 1. I especially love it when people panic and use big removal cards on it leaving them vulnerable against my other heavy hitters. At best it's a devastating board advantage card, most of the time it performs averagely (even soaking a sap from a miracle rogue once, was funny when he couldn't deal with my Sunwalkers and Tirion afterwards). At the very worst when it gest MC'd by a shadow priest, which has only happened once to me, I just board wipe with an equality combo anyway, or kill it with weapons/shielded minions.

So far out of the games I've played with it, it averages out to be one of the best value for mana cards for it's spot. I'd consider removing it if more people played priests and kodos, but since I face priests in ranked like 1 in 25 games and probably 1 in 100 games I see a kodo played - I'd say it's a decent card for today's meta.
    The only reason it's doing so well is that people don't know how to deal with it. It's not a good card if people know how to deal with her, which is what'll happen in around a week from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's a "pretty common" opening to see from druids, turn 1 or 2 yeti

The only reason it's doing so well is that people don't know how to deal with it. It's not a good card if people know how to deal with her, which is what'll happen in around a week from now.
    Doubt it, if people are still netdecking as much as I see now then I highly doubt they'll have the foresight to include a kodo in the deck just on the odd chance someone might be running Maexxna, considering the amount of cookie cutter zoo locks/miracle rogues etc still around. And even if people do learn to deal with it in more conventional ways, it still takes a 2 for 1 trade in most cases. IMO it will remain a decent card as long as the meta revolves around what it is today. In a more heavy control oriented meta it will indeed lose value fairly significantly, but I can't see that state of game becoming a reality in any near future.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, if people are still netdecking as much as I see now then I highly doubt they'll have the foresight to include a kodo in the deck just on the odd chance someone might be running Maexxna, considering the amount of cookie cutter zoo locks/miracle rogues etc still around. And even if people do learn to deal with it in more conventional ways, it still takes a 2 for 1 trade in most cases. IMO it will remain a decent card as long as the meta revolves around what it is today. In a more heavy control oriented meta it will indeed lose value fairly significantly, but I can't see that state of game becoming a reality in any near future.
    I have a kodo in my main deck, sooo.

Oh well, people trying out weird shit is how we end up with a new meta.

Silence.

By far the best card to use against Maexxna, Kodos arent so good, if you can buff her with MotW atleast, this puts her out of range of kodos, and out of range of priests. and also lets her wall for a round or two if the opponent hasnt got any good removal.

Most 6 drops go 2-for-1 or better, unless up against equally big cards. Cairne. Argent Commander. Sunwalker. Sylvanas. Even ogre. All of them soak up cards.

The problem with 6 drops is that they're slow, which is why you don't fill your deck with them. Adding maexxna to your deck isn't free. It has an opportunity cost; it takes the place of another late-game card. A stronger and more versatile one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Silence.

By far the best card to use against Maexxna, Kodos arent so good, if you can buff her with MotW atleast, this puts her out of range of kodos, and out of range of priests. and also lets her wall for a round or two if the opponent hasnt got any good removal.
    Imagine if that were an ogre with MotW. Instead of just annoying your opponent with 4 damage/turn, it'd be a win condition.

Or it could be a ragnaros. Better effect, same mana cost, half the cards! Lets you fit another 2 drop into your deck, so you reach that ragnaros-stage more often.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2014-07-28 at 01:32 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."