Original fix by redarmorcamper:

And here's a step by step howto (for Windows 7, for other versions of Windows some details might differ):
1. You have to have administration rights on your machine, otherwise you can't do some of the necessary steps
2. Make sure Titan Quest is not running
3. Copy your savegame directory to another save location (usually it's C:\Users\**yourusername**\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne)
4. Delete the original savegame directory (not just the contents, the whole "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" must be deleted)
5. Install the RAM-Disk Software ( http://memory.dataram.com/products-a...ftware/ramdisk and be sure to read the manual)
5. Create an unformatted drive with at least 40MB space (check the size of your savegame directory on how much you need)
6. Open the "Disk Management" by right click on "My Computer" - "Manage"
7. Search for the newly created drive and format it with one big NTFS partition and assign this volume one of the free drive letters (I used "R:")
8. Copy your backed up savegames to the new RAM-Drive (in my case they're now in: "R:\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne")
9. Start a command line with admin rights (enter "cmd" into the searchfield of the startmenu an hit enter. Now you should have an open command line with admin in its title)
10. Navigate to the "My Games" directory where the savegames used to be ( cd c:\users\**yourusername**\documents\"my games" )
11. Now the symlink must be created. The command for this is "mklink"
- more info on symlinks and the exact usage for mklink can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link
- in my case it would look like this: mklink /D "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" R:\"Titan Quest - Immortal Throne"
12. Now you can test with your explorer if it's working. Browse to C:\Users\**yourusername**\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne and look if the contents are in there. If they are then you have completed all steps and can finally run the game and have some fun ;]

- - - Updated - - -

Simplified version, no RAM-Disk needed (for Windows 7, for other versions of Windows some details might differ):
1. You have to have administration rights on your machine, otherwise you can't do some of the necessary steps
2. Make sure Titan Quest is not running
3. Copy your savegame directory to another hard drive or partition (usually it's C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne)
4. Delete the original savegame directory (not just the contents, the whole "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" must be deleted)
5. Check the path to where you copied your savegame directory. I did it simple - straight to drive E: so path was E:\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
6. Start a command line with admin rights (enter "cmd" into the searchfield of the startmenu an hit enter. Now you should have an open command line with admin in its title)
7. Navigate to the "My Games" directory where the savegames used to be, type: cd c:\users\YourUserName\documents\my games
8. Now the symlink must be created. The command for this is "mklink"
- more info on symlinks and the exact usage for mklink can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link
Use command mklink /D
- in my case it would look like this: mklink /D "Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" E:\"Titan Quest - Immortal Throne" press enter, you should get - Symbolic link created for

9. Now you can test with your explorer if it's working. Browse to C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne and look if the contents are in there. If they are then you have completed all steps. Worked for me, might not work for you.