I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Playing solo tank with a bruiser is imho the way to go.

Playing solo tank with Xul + melee assassin on ToSQ is in my eyes a good way to win the map. Massive ganking potencial and wave clear....what's not to like?

Against my better judgement I went into ranked. It wasn't even that bad a game, just utterly frustrating watching our Johanna make terrible decisions time and time again, throwing every advantage we gained and ultimately the game. As the support all I could do is watch it happen.

250s+ queues for mediocre games, with the joy of losing rank if your team sucks. I fucking hate ranked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Against my better judgement I went into ranked. It wasn't even that bad a game, just utterly frustrating watching our Johanna make terrible decisions time and time again, throwing every advantage we gained and ultimately the game. As the support all I could do is watch it happen.

250s+ queues for mediocre games, with the joy of losing rank if your team sucks. I fucking hate ranked.
    Yeah, don't play support unless you absolutely have to if you're a decent enough player.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to QM City, where the Abathur feeds and the girls are pretty!

10 deaths abathur? What was he doing? Dear lord.

I remember a Murky I had in my team... 27 deaths by min 3. It was legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    10 deaths abathur? What was he doing? Dear lord.

I remember a Murky I had in my team... 27 deaths by min 3. It was legendary.
    He ran into the enemy towers from the minute the game started.

- - - Updated - - -

I have played this game for almost two and half years, and I have literally never seen anyone as bad as this Raynor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He ran into the enemy towers from the minute the game started.
    Nononono

He was actually PLAYING. Else it does not count.

Another game lost due to a player who has returned to the game after not playing for half a year. It's not like Valla has changed or anything since then! I really do not understand why Blizzard do not implement MMR decay.

I really, really, really hate being first pick. It's so hard to predict that you're team will draft no front-line, or pick a bad support for the team. I lose first pick drafts so much more often than anything else unless it's a map with a clear cheese character :P

Lost the demotion back to plat thanks to a mindless butcher and now I'm salty. Oh, he's level 5 on the character too!
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Lost the demotion back to plat thanks to a mindless butcher and now I'm salty. Oh, he's level 5 on the character too!
    I just had an Illidan on my team with less than 400 games played total, spread across the last 18 months. Oh, and he was mostly a VS AI player too. THANKS A LOT, MATCHMAKER!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been bored with my normal playing so I have decided to start again on another account. I am going to try to do pure clean mmr slate going into placement matches, I will not play a single match of Quick Match, Heroes Brawl, or Unranked. So far I have last 3 games to bots, some comps on my team are just bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I really, really, really hate being first pick. It's so hard to predict that you're team will draft no front-line, or pick a bad support for the team. I lose first pick drafts so much more often than anything else unless it's a map with a clear cheese character :P

On the plus side, at least that means you won't have to deal with first pick Novas :P

So many games are lost on the draft screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    4th Placement on BHB.
    We play Johanna, Guldan, Jaina, BW, Xul (me). Jaina and Johanna claim the strat to be "Xul soak top/mid and we 4 push bot". I was and am honestly pretty pessimistic towards this "strat" - but the enemy was just so bad that they could not cope with it. At times their Morales (lol) came to contest my lanes. We won pretty dominantly, but i have no idea why it worked.

In my opinion they could have just pushed our 4 man squad under the tower and proceed to pay dubloonns, but instead their zagara engaged TF in our Backline where i simply Bone Prisoned her and she died.

Well, i wont complain about a win - but i sincerely hope that this "strat" does not spread far.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    4th Placement on BHB.
    We play Johanna, Guldan, Jaina, BW, Xul (me). Jaina and Johanna claim the strat to be "Xul soak top/mid and we 4 push bot". I was and am honestly pretty pessimistic towards this "strat" - but the enemy was just so bad that they could not cope with it. At times their Morales (lol) came to contest my lanes. We won pretty dominantly, but i have no idea why it worked.

In my opinion they could have just pushed our 4 man squad under the tower and proceed to pay dubloonns, but instead their zagara engaged TF in our Backline where i simply Bone Prisoned her and she died.

Well, i wont complain about a win - but i sincerely hope that this "strat" does not spread far.
    I've played that a few times. It's funny to play. Not so funny to play against. xD

Deleted
    So this is really a thing...? Bah.

I've heard it's a high level strat, pretty sure people like Dread and Grubby claim it's the optimal way to play. Might be wrong on that, but I'm sure I've seen someone high level post it.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually having xul solo top/mid in BHB is the best strat for that map if you can lock him in.
    Just 4man push bot, xul solo top/mid safely and they have to choose between the minion pressure (and thus send atleast 2 people there) or are forced to win the 4man bot teamfights.

Bonus points if you get Sylvanas too.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is easy to explain, bottom lane is distant from other two who are close enough to move between them quickly and safely (Even if you don't have vision). And Xul has so strong wave clear he can soak both lanes at the same time, while still creating pressure.

In general on maps with two lanes close to each other you try to 4-men rotate between them and have your solo laner on the distant one, but Xul's powerful wave clear can break this dynamic. However it doesn't work on other maps that well, because they usually have dangerous paths between them. Just think of that bush maze on Dragon Shire, so if you want to avoid getting ganked you got to move through bases which is a long way around and not that effective.

However on BHB, I think the best counter against solo Xul and 4-men push is to sacrifice bottom lane, push middle hard AND also try to get towers on top. This way you can get a second keep with a first turn in as the cannonade starts on middle, moves to top and only then bottom; and you get a guaranteed keep if you destroy towers. If both teams siege at same speed, you can get those towers because they have to rotate as there is nothing else to do before Camps spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally did it. I reached Platinum 1 after some annoying games where I got to work myself up to my promotion game about four times in two days. I feel like I will be able to climb out of Platinum and into Diamond before the season ends at last. ^_^

My promotion game was on Dragon Shire with Anub'arak. Let's just say that we stomped the enemy team hard. Cocoon on this map is so freaking good.