Well, Long story but I'll try to make it short

For the first time, I was able to play with a game with all 4 of my friends - which is rare (2 are in NA - while of 3 us are in Asia so scheduling conflicts can happen due to time zone disparity).

We queued a QM - I was Li Li (free rotation and first time QM with this hero), then we had Leoric, Butcher, Sylvanas and Valla in our team. Cant remember all of the opposing team atm but there was Anub Arak, Uther and Zagara, We got Sky temple and It was quite a blast, mostly evenly matched at the start but towards the late game we all had a few Mayhem kill streaks - Li Li's clutch healing is great and the water dragon talent is very deadly in melee situations (took that for the first time - kind of risk in a QM game as I always used the Jug of a 1000 cups talent before that game against the AI). We won that game with a couple of keeps standing though. Was a great feeling! I am not sure if thats a great comp but any insight into making such a team work would be great. As I said, I took Water dragon ulti while focusing on the healing brew talents mostly. Alot of guys in this comp are squishy so that explains why our HP bars usually got low in melee brawls.

We requeued another game and got Dragon Shrine - maybe one or 2 heroes were different. That match was also nice, with a lot of fighting around the shrines, but we lost that match after the enemy team made a late game push with the dragon knight and took a lot of forts down - only 2 dragon nights ever summoned, first one was ours.

So after that game, all 4 leave and I decide to try Gazlowe first time - and queue in QM - as a noob. For Half the game I did not realize that we could use multiple turrets - and also had some trouble using his beam ability (have to push it twice lol) Got Infernal shrines. I like this battle ground actually as it involves a fast paced battle - and a lot of creep killing so AOE and high mobility talents (to teach shrines fast) work well here, and punishers some what live up to their name. Anyway we had a tychus what was really fast at getting to the shrines and Aoeing the creeps down, and after getting to grips with Gazlowe's turrets, it was easy to get buildings down. A rare win in QM once again.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-08-31 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Ended up with the win-loss of 16-4 in my placement matches.

Ranked lower than last season, at rank 8. 16-4 any other time would be god like status. But not placements. zzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Ended up with the win-loss of 16-4 in my placement matches.

Ranked lower than last season, at rank 8. 16-4 any other time would be god like status. But not placements. zzz.
    It's on purpose people are getting ranked lower than before. Gives an incentive to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's on purpose people are getting ranked lower than before. Gives an incentive to play.
    I'd rather play from where i was. Where's the incentive in giving me a fake rank?

OHH CLIMBING MAKES ME HAPPY.

no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not had much luck climbing higher than Rank 4. Seems every time I'm on the threshold of hitting 3, I get a first pick Nova who ends up being the lowest damage on the team.

Deleted
    I've lost 7 games in a row, in 2 days. Why the fuck do they allow this stupid shit to happen?

My record is a 16 loss streak. Some time back in January I think. I almost quit the game for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played with a mate earlier had a 9 win streak, did 1 game solo lost one since our tank wanted to be an assasin, won the one after that

Had one good laugh about a guy going mad when i pointed it out to him that overextending on lanes is bad you will get killed as they will res. He was ranked at only 28, and i'm not as i'm still not done playing this lovely games, therefor he was right and i was wrong based on rank, ah quite the characters in there

He also mocked my MMR, not sure where you can see that ingame? according to hotslogs i'm at gold currently but it also shows me at about 30 hero levels lower so that isn't up to date.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2015-08-31 at 07:38 PM.

Just had a 30 minutes game on Tomb of the Spider Queen. Our team was Zagara (me), Kharazim, Tassadar, Gazlowe, and Johanna. Enemy: Tassadar, Tyrende, Thrall, Leoric and Kerrigan.
    We were losing pretty hard in the first half of the game, it was like 1-8 in kills at 10 minutes mark, though in forts killed it was surprisingly pretty equal. I think the enemy team queued as a group, because both Leoric and Tassadar took their wall talents, and Thrall and Kerrigan obliterated those of us who were caught in a bad position. Plus they all retreated a bit too skillfully for a bunch of randoms. We always lacked a follow-up to finish 10-20% people running off together.
    But then came a turning point, when I ate practically their whole team with Maw,and then Gazlowe placed his combo, in time with my Infested Drop and banelings. Cleaving Mutalisks quickly finished the remains of their health. After that, we started winning teamfight after teamfight. At one point we traded 2 for one in their favor,but then I called to capture the boss, which would surely take them by surprise. We were stuck in doubt at the boss for too long, so at half his HP the enemy Kerrigan ran to us and hid in bushes (thanks creep for your vision). I think this way it worked out even better, because instead of simply getting the boss, we effectively laid out a trap for them, and killed them one by one as they struggled to help their teammates. And then, of course, took the boss, which pushed top lane to the core and damaged it to 74%.
    But it was far from over. We still had to be very careful in every teamfight, which we luckily were. Next battle we fought tooth and nail, and brought down their entire team in exchange for 3 of us dead. Only I and Tassadar remained barely alive. But that was right when we had enough crystals to summon the spiders, and so we pushed it all the way to the core. Still, they respawned and continued to fight. Quickly after this, we moved through the long passage just below the middle lane, while Thrall dueled the remaining one of us in it. From the bushes, we ambushed him, but his Sundering delayed us long enough for his teammates to arrive. Kerrigan almost wiped me out with her empowered Maelstrom, but it was already lvl20, so I blinked out of the Entomb and processed to kill her from afar safely. The rest of them followed quick, and then we rode to victory, all 5 of us very much alive and kicking.
    It was a good game, and a good comeback. I'm still learning how to play Zagara, but I think I'm getting the hang of it

freaking Tychus using his ult on cd to poke. Pudge keeps going off solo and dying, and Nazeebo has no clue how to combo his abilities.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Who is pudge? Stitches?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Who is pudge? Stitches?
    Yup.

As far as I'm aware "Pudge" is a reference to a WC3 map "Pudge Wars" where you all played as abominations trying to hook each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Yup.

As far as I'm aware "Pudge" is a reference to a WC3 map "Pudge Wars" where you all played as abominations trying to hook each other.
    From what I've always heard it's a reference to the DotA hero Pudge, who has basically the same hook(its what he's known for), as well as something that's pretty much Gorge, and something that's fairly similar to Putrid Bile, though Pudge's version is damaging to himself as well as the enemy. Of course, since Pudge was basically based on the WC abominations, there's a good chance his name came from that map...

I want to cry. How do I keep getting matched with people with sub-300 games played? These guys aren't even player level 40 yet. I've played more than 1800 games!

7+ Year Old Account
    Had two funny games on Tomb tonight.

Long story short: if there's any reason to go Seasoned Marksman, do it. Topped the charts as Falstad one game and roflstomped everyone else as Raynor by a good 15k hero damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit it actually happened - I Haymaker'd someone into a zombie wall our Zeebo had put up to trap someone else, netting us a crucial double kill to finish the game

I can basically stop playing now, I'll never top that
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The most sweaty game eva. Tomb of the Spider Queen.
    After the game i looked at the floor near my chair and saw two pools of sweat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    The most sweaty game eva. Tomb of the Spider Queen.
    After the game i looked at the floor near my chair and saw two pools of sweat.
    Holy fuckballs, 33 min match?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Holy fuckballs, 33 min match?
    My record on that map is 41 minutes. -.-

Deleted
    Just had a 27-0 game as Muradin.

Frequently got off double stuns with my hammer skillshot and just generally bossed the game in all departments.

Was good not to have that Illidan. You know the one who dies fifteen times in ten minutes.