15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The fact that you know enough to watch streamers to learn puts you WAY above average.
    I suppose. I don't know how many times I have told people they cap siege giants in mines too early. Gotta wait until the grave golem goes past the enemies T1 towers to make sure the siege giants are safe and can still damage the golem. But that it too advanced for most people.

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you know enough to watch streamers to learn puts you WAY above average.
    Absolutely.

my freaking team never once went to any temple when they activated. just let the enemy have every single one.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    my freaking team never once went to any temple when they activated. just let the enemy have every single one.
    Had a game like that against the AI. We were damn near done, but for some reason they stopped turning in dubloons. We were at 14/16. Butcher had 2 on him and rode right by Blackheart. I pinged twice. Type "just 2 more" in chat. Was completely ignored and no one even bothered to go to any merc camps for coins. So me, as slow ass Sgt. Hammer, went to one to get the last coins to get the last bombard directly on the enemy core. As I was riding to blackheart I said in chat, "or just ignore me". Butcher had the nerve to type, "you were talking?". /sigh

5 losing streak today, after yesterday's win streaks. This is awesome. I'm now about to hit rank 30 again. From the wrong side.

Deleted
    Had a Sonya who had died over ten times early on in the game say that I was a pussy and that I needed to grow some balls.
    I was 12-0 on Muradin.

I mean I get aggression and to an extent I understand people who killchase to the point of hilarity but come on.

Long story short after he was 8-15 or something I finally replied to him and asked him to play more conservatively.
    He said and I quote: "fuck no I'm here to kill people".
    I don't even.

I'm now one match away from hitting 31.

- - - Updated - - -

228 games played guy gets mad I pick Abathur, sabotages the draft by not picking a healer. This is MMR hell. I'm never going to get better rank than 30 again.

- - - Updated - - -

How did I win that?

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more or less stuck on rank 31. Played a few matches where I dropped back to 32, then a couple more that got me back to 31.

Had a match in Haunted Mines where I played Uther. There was one instance where I didn't react in time and our Sylvanas went down to the enemy golem. Later on, someone on the team (I can't remember who) says that we have no heals and the enemy has too much damage.

I told them I hardly play as healer and when I do it's for dailies so I can get some practice. I wasn't first pick - in fact, I was second to last - and the person after me was going to tank so it was either go as the one of the only two healers I own - Uther and Malfurion - or go as somebody and get reamed by everyone else for not going along with the composition.

As usual, with my luck, we lost. Our Kael'thas told us to go die in a fire like the garbage we were. Yeah, I didn't exactly tell him to die as much as I did.

So, the punishment for winning three HL games in a row? Get matched with a guy who's playing his 4th HL game ever. Literally level 30 and going straight into HL with a minimum of owned heroes. Awesomesauce!
    Got the feeling matchmaking considers winstreaks a challenge.

"Oh you think you can win any game? TRY WINNING WITH THIS HAHAHAHAHA"

7+ Year Old Account
    God, if there's a map that swings you from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other, it's Infernal Shrines.

Trusty Raynor though (who is steadily becoming one of my favorite heroes), coming through with Giant Killer against the Johanna+Tyrael combo. And Penetrating Round against Lili+Spirit Nazeebo. And a Hyperion to just dump on the shrine minions/forts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rank 25-30 is really hell to play in.

My friend dropped down to 34 now and I dropped back to 30ish again (after bein 25) because atleast 2 matches we had 1 guy AFK/botted and just 1 horrible match (Haunted Mines and people ignore camps, or well, the easy camps they ignore, the mid camp they try and get wiped out)....

It's just chaos at that rank, I had a game where we went triple tank, another where our last two picks raced each other to not play healer, nova first picks are commonplace, double stealthers on haunted mines.

I hate it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    It had to happen few games won in a row in league, still on placements luckily.

HAI GUISE WE HAVE A GREAT COMBO IDEA!
    First pick Diablo
    Second pick Gazlowe

Didn't even matter after this point since we lost badly, especially since i'm surprised that even with 2 levels behind you have those groups still rushing on lanes making a 2 level lead a 3 to 4 one.

11 more placements to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I've been getting some hate for playing and sometimes first picking Azmodan in HL lately, but looking at w/l since rank reset, I'm still 19-7 as him. Duo queueing seems strong as well, went 12-3 with a friend that is stuck in the lower ranks, 10-2 of that as Azmodan. But honestly, I don't think I'll ever solo queue HL again... it's not even the dumb plays, it's the random shittalking that makes it unenjoyable.
    Thing is there are better heroes out there and this is what the current meta is, azmo is alright but when you tend to get faced against better players you'll notice that your solo lane pushing power vs your weaker role in team fights (minus if you get all ranged to stack on your for your ult area buff) can handicap the team.

Also part of this is the games fault, it really just matches every sort of player together, you can get anything from below level 40 players even to those with over a thousand played regardless of how much you played.

Right now after the ETC not really nerfs but left the stage i'm getting more wins if i manage to lock leo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather annoyed, won most of my placement matches yet i still went from 25 to 35, okay. This system doesn't seem to make much sense. After 20 games i probably would have ended up closer to 30 if i started at 50.

Well guess this waste of time is out of the way :/

7+ Year Old Account
    I think people still have it ingrained that Azmodan is just a pushing fiend. Azmodan really isn't even used as a lane pusher in competitive. He builds stacks of Taste for Blood and then Black Pool+Globes 1000 HP off of every hero he hits. He's especially nice on Tomb where there's additional minions to stack.

His General of Hell is a nice supplement to the Azmodunk build.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    I think people still have it ingrained that Azmodan is just a pushing fiend. Azmodan really isn't even used as a lane pusher in competitive. He builds stacks of Taste for Blood and then Black Pool+Globes 1000 HP off of every hero he hits. He's especially nice on Tomb where there's additional minions to stack.

His General of Hell is a nice supplement to the Azmodunk build.
    Try the demon build, I've pushed to core in under 10 minutes with that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Argghhhh.

So TLV will at least help out with this ratchet comp by taking Longboat Raid to do some actual damage right? Nope, Play Again. Everyone stood in Naz's ulti too. Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Try the demon build, I've pushed to core in under 10 minutes with that.
    If I'm picking a Hero to push in HL, it's Murky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow......
    So I just played a game where a Nova (on my team of course) did more siege damage than hero damage. NOVA!!!!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.