Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    I believe the punishment should fit the crime, as such since they've tortured and killed a endangered species they should intern have done to them what they have done to the animal as they have no remorse for their actions.
    I guess it's a good thing this isn't the middle-ages and we've evolved into a civilized community. You're just as barbaric as these women. Congrats.
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    I believe the punishment should fit the crime, as such since they've tortured and killed a endangered species they should intern have done to them what they have done to the animal as they have no remorse for their actions.
    And where the line that we should? Say I blew up an ant hill, do I deserve to be blown up? If a 9 year old kills a bird with a BB gun do we send that kid to the firing squad? If a kid pushes a lizard into a pool resulting in the drowning of said lizard because the lizard was sitting too close to the edge does the kid deserve to be drowned?

I'm really curious about the limitations here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    I guess it's a good thing this isn't the middle-ages and we've evolved into a civilized community. You're just as barbaric as these women. Congrats.
    Wrong, barbarians wouldn't burn you at the stake for killing a turtle.

While torturing animals is pretty off, It sickens me more the people that spout bullshit like "ZOMG THEY HURT AN ANIMAL KILL THEM!!!" those kind of people scare me more than the people hurting the animals.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    While torturing animals is pretty off, It sickens me more the people that spout bullshit like "ZOMG THEY HURT AN ANIMAL KILL THEM!!!" those kind of people scare me more than the people hurting the animals.
    The difference is: Thinking <-> doing.
    While it's one thing to say something on the internet, it's a completely different thing to actually do something (in this case torture a helpless living being).

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And where the line that we should? Say I blew up an ant hill, do I deserve to be blown up? If a 9 year old kills a bird with a BB gun do we send that kid to the firing squad? If a kid pushes a lizard into a pool resulting in the drowning of said lizard because the lizard was sitting too close to the edge does the kid deserve to be drowned?

I'm really curious about the limitations here.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, barbarians wouldn't burn you at the stake for killing a turtle.
    I can see the reason for curiosity, But your examples are clearly not the same as the one in question firstly ant hills can be pests especially to home owners, a child of 9 years old doesn't truly have a grasp for what life is, If say a 15 year old starts just killing eagles with a .22 rifle just for laughs he should be punished according to his actions. Secondly the lizard thing the kid could have been scared of it and pushed it to get it away from himself who's to truly know why he did such a thing. Investigations are for that VERY reason to see why things happened they way they did.

I'm not saying just start brutally returning the favor what people do, But have punishments that actually fit the crime IF they show remorse for their actions. An example would be in this case IF they truly shown remorse for what they have done they are forced to devote their lives to the animals and working with them, but since they show no remorse they should both be punished as adults and jailed and fined accordingly.

In these cases with under aged people doing horrible crimes the law system has a LOT of leniency during the prosecution.
    Last edited by Souichirou; 2014-07-28 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's a tad too far...
    They're obviously psychopaths.

Not saying kill them, but they should be put in a mental ward for a long while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They're obviously psychopaths.

Not saying kill them, but they should be put in a mental ward for a long while.
    Killing one animal hardly makes them psychopaths. Might be kinda hard and even illegal(in some places) to put sane people in mental ward.

Just fine them and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Cruelty to animals is one of the first signs of sociopathic behavior. Might have just pre-empted a future serial killer.
    I said this in post about the cat in the microwave or whatever it was. Need to lock these kids up because they are our future serial killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskymon View Post
    Killing one animal hardly makes them psychopaths.
    Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/) (or sociopathy /ˈsoʊsiəˌpæθi/) is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse,
    Dunno, seems pretty correct from here.

Deleted
    No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I said this in post about the cat in the microwave or whatever it was. Need to lock these kids up because they are our future serial killers.
    They're not future serial killers just because they kill an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    They're not future serial killers just because they kill an animal.
    There is a clear diffrence between "killing an animal", and torturing (In this case, set it on fire + more, while have fun doing so) though blue eyes.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    There is a clear diffrence between "killing an animal", and torturing (In this case, set it on fire + more, while have fun doing so) though blue eyes.
    Exactly. Torturing animals clearly shows a lack of empathy - and at least warrants keeping a watching brief over them.

But this thread and a lot of responses don't really surprise me. If someone hurts a human, they should burn in hell; but if someone tortures an animal, it's not so bad at all. Right, Mooneye?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-07-28 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    I think we need to be rational here. I understand why people say they should suffer the same in return, but imagine being the one asked to set them on fire and smash their brains. Normal people might revel in revenge fantasies, but when faced with the option to do something which runs counter to their humanity, they shrink from it. And that's perfectly okay, because when you become incapable of feeling empathy and mercy, you become sub-human like the ones you seek to punish.

That said, the punishment needs to be severe enough to dissuade them from repeating or escalating their crime, and it needs to be accompanied by professional help. There are plenty of sociopaths who are aware of their condition and who can keep it under control thanks to the coping strategies they were taught. They might not be anyone's favorite colleagues and they might not always try hard enough, but they stop short of doing vile, despicable, and/or criminal things. There's hope, and especially for young people who are still pliable and who can change with patience and guidance.

You neglected to bold the "enduring" aspect of your quote to rebut Whiskymon, which would have made you wrong.
    Last edited by eja216; 2014-07-28 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Next time before making a thread try to at least have a reasonable discussion topic and not use this forum to rant about simple matters.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarez View Post
    I certainly don't think an animal's life is as valuable as most human lives,
    Why? What makes you better than an animal?

Because of the fact that you can speak and live in a system?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's a tad too far...
    Yeah, a bit. On the flip side, who else is there to look out for the turtle?

On one hand, we are just another animal in the jungle, so who really gives a fuck what we do to those lower on the food chain? The other hand says given out inflated egos and ability to reason, it is our responsibility to look out for those who can't look out for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

A 16 year old knows better. Mike Vick knew better.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Exactly. Torturing animals clearly shows a lack of empathy - and at least warrants keeping a watching brief over them.

But this thread and a lot of responses don't really surprise me. If someone hurts a human, they should burn in hell; but if someone tortures an animal, it's not so bad at all. Right, Mooneye?
    Yes. A human is far more valuable in any way. Not that torturing animals is right, its not, but its not as big deal as killing/torturing human is. Regrettable but thats it.

Clearly shows zero proofs if they have empathy or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of jail, I think I would put these little shits in boot camp. Jail isn't going to do anything. They're going to sit there for a couple years get out and continue being a bunch of low life losers. Put them in boot camp and see how they act when they get out.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post

Hurting an animal is nothing compared to doing so to a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really anything to discuss, there never was in a case like this and the sheer number of "kill them" posts make this thread a sickening read. It's not really appropriate here.

Closing.