Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Put it this way...if you're a fun person, just record yourself gaming and you're set.

If you're a natural born ass like TB, you'll have to work for it.

There is a difference and sorry, there are enough bums on Twitch that don't do shit and only live off the hype. But there are genuinly entertaining people. Right now, though, the best ones are on Youtube, assumingly because that pays better.
    No, because youtube has had more time to develop.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The only "bad" bits about the clip were the opening quote and refering to teenagers. The quote would be an appropriate reaction from someone that has never heard of Twitch before. I'd also reckon that most viewers on Twitch are teenagers, followed by people in their twenties. If they had replaced "teenagers" with "young adults", it would have been more accurate.

You can´t really blame them, it really is just an age thing. I also cannot understand how people can spend an hour watching someone else play a game. But with my age came a little wisdom and I realize that I don´t have to understand it to know that it is true.

Reminds me of the episode of Fox News were Bill O´Reily went off on Gangnam Style and said something like ´they must be high, the words aren´t even real words´.. Even when I saw it on TV, for a split second that meme of John Luc Picard doing the facepalm just jumped in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You can´t really blame them, it really is just an age thing. I also cannot understand how people can spend an hour watching someone else play a game. But with my age came a little wisdom and I realize that I don´t have to understand it to know that it is true.
    I don't think ppl spend that time just watching ... I usually have stream on 3rd monitor or completelly minimized. Just like radio. You don't just stare at the screen, you do your stuff and watch the stream on the background. When you play a video game why wouldn't you have a stream running at the same time. Unless you do some hardcore roleplaying. I can watch a stream and work or play at the same time, lots of ppl do.

So when you say you can't imagine watching someone play for an hour ... let me tell you I can watch 10 hours someone play while I work. It's nice background noise. It's more of a listening than watching tbh, but who cares.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2014-07-29 at 09:06 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only times I sit down and watch a stream like it was TV is when I'm tired or they're playing a game like the Last of Us. There is also more to streams than just watching. If you're watching someone like ManVsGame, most people are there to interact with Man or chat itself. Since often times we don't talk about the games themselves but off topic things like politics and what have you. I think that's something people don't seem to realize, is it is more than just watching someone play. TB even brings this up in his video, people enjoy interacting with streamers.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya the opening statement was pretty iritating considering the average gamers age is late 20s
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    ya the opening statement was pretty iritating considering the average gamers age is late 20s
    Moar like middle 30s and before people in their 20-30 s playing pong in 1975 or pacman in 1980 and are still playing.

In fact this BBC info was a false flag critic, a sweet advertisement.... since google "" youtube "" bought twitch the same day. Youtube tried an event with Epic meal time in live, with a twitch like chat ( yeah was a real mess, since twitch chat is a barbarian thing ), YT had to shut down it rapidly.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2014-07-30 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I agree, watching teenagers play video games is stupid.
    Then don't, noone is forcing you, don't force me to NOT doing it though. I think watching 20 people running to kick a godamn ball is mindeless stupidity, I don't force people to not go to stadiums.