Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    amazes me that throughout history, governments have been shown to be complete liars over and over and after 50 years or so they come clean, you know, after everyone stops caring one way or the other, but people will take every damn thing they say at face value the first time every time while putting down ANYONE who says "well maybe this is what really happened". there are official documents that exist from events in the mid 1900s that never would have been accepted at the time and now nobody gives a shit. the people who "know the truth" are as stupid as any conspiracy theorist

you don't know a damn bit more than they do so get off your high horse

the only thing we know is that governments lie constantly
    that's the ONLY constant throughout history

what you KNOW is not reality, never has been, never will be. in 50 years when documents related to 9/11 come out i guarantee there will be "conspiracy theory" elements that will be proven as fact that people put down today
    Last edited by sarecho; 2014-07-27 at 04:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you feel a need to "combat" them?
    It's like "combating" religion.... it's either extremely difficult if not impossible to change one's mind, even presented with facts.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This. Conspiracy theories do not operate based on fact or rationality, so no approach is going to convince them of anything.
    most people that say that have no actual facts for themselves. To this day I have never read a scientific explanation for why WTC7 collapsed.

I would just ignore them.. its for the best.. or reply in this way
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

10+ Year Old Account
    First try this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842

If that fails, and it probably will because conspiracy theorists are irrational idiots, then just punch them in the face.
    Putin khuliyo

read this, these theories later proved to be pretty accurate http://www.cracked.com/article_19884...-happened.html

"those nutjobs and their theories"......were actually right
    not always right or even logical, but the world is full of people doing shit they don't want you to find out they're doing. none of you are 100% open or honest, even with yourself, about what you think, say, do, etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    First try this:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842

If that fails, and it probably will because conspiracy theorists are irrational idiots, then just punch them in the face.
    $100 says you've never punched anyone in the face over anything and you never will

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    How do I combat 9/11 conspiracy theorists?
    Why would you want to "combat" anyone?

Walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't right Sarecho. Stop trying to be a thinly veiled conspiricy theorist. It's not really worth it. Even so... a broken clock is right at least once.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You smile and nod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    So I'm at a party earlier, and in a small group with a friend and some of his friends that I never met before. Cool guys, until someone brings up 9/11 and two of them go off on the usual conspiracy theorist rant about "There was no debri from the plane, the heat wasn't enough to melt the steel, it's a plot by America", etc etc about the towers. It really annoyed me, because I knew whatever I say they wouldn't change their minds.

Ironically, one later brought up that Obama was actually a guy named Barry Satoroe that came here an as exchange student..

Is there a website that debunks all of the crap that 9/11 conspiracy theorists have? Like a end all website that literally has every conspiracy point followed by a link of evidence proving it's made up?
    Ignore them, you can't beat an idiot with intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are saying "why bother" or "ignore them." I disagree. Their minds can be changed. When I was younger, more naive and gullible, I questioned the "official" story, and even believed some of the conspiracy theories. It took time, but reason won out in the end.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't discredit everything a conspiracy theorist says, because there is always a slight small possibility (even like 0.0001% chance) of them being right about something, but just converse nicely with them and suggest that they could possibly be right but take it all with a grain of salt. Nothing else you can really do. We call them theorists but they are just people like us who have drawn different conclusions than we have based on what they have seen that we haven't.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    most people that say that have no actual facts for themselves. To this day I have never read a scientific explanation for why WTC7 collapsed.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...de-center#wtc7

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanill View Post
    maybe they are right though. look at how things evolve. government admits it lied about vietnam now. and at the time you'd be attacked then for saying that. government admits (somewhat) that it lied about the mass spying through the NSA. and you would be attacked then for saying that. no one will know the truth, but it can't hurt to keep an open mind.
    And clearly we have a conspiracy theorist believer.

I'll give you some food for thought.

1. Bush says we are invading Iraq to remove their Weapons of Mass Destruction, he and his cohorts doctor the evidence to prove their point to make it possible to invade.
    2. No Weapons of mass Destruction were ever found, in fact all onsite records show they never had them.
    3. Technically the Bush administration is guilty of War Crimes because of this.
    4. It would have been cheap and easy to plant false evidence.

If anyone had a reason to build false evidence, if anyone ever had a valid reason to doctor the evidence the Bush Administration did. However they never even thought to do so. The only reason why Bush was never sought to stand trail, is Obama when he took office put a blanket amnesty on the Bush administration as a gesture of good will to the Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I wouldn't discredit everything a conspiracy theorist says, because there is always a slight small possibility (even like 0.0001% chance) of them being right about something, but just converse nicely with them and suggest that they could possibly be right but take it all with a grain of salt. Nothing else you can really do. We call them theorists but they are just people like us who have drawn different conclusions than we have based on what they have seen that we haven't.
    Most of it is bullshit. If they somehow get something right. They aren't a prophet. Just a lucky fool.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    a
    the only thing we know is that governments lie constantly
    that's the ONLY constant throughout history

what you KNOW is not reality, never has been, never will be. in 50 years when documents related to 9/11 come out i guarantee there will be "conspiracy theory" elements that will be proven as fact that people put down today
    Sure Governments Lie, but they don't have the intelligence to pull of finding WMD in Iraq, how the hell do you think they were smart enough to fool All of NYC? With Video Evidence.

Seriously you guys must really believe Jame Bond is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Most of it is bullshit. If they somehow get something right. They aren't a prophet. Just a lucky fool.
    Aren't we all?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

It's pretty simple really. Just laugh at them when they say whatever crazy ass theory they have to say and look them straight in the eye and say "okay whack job, whatever you say" and walk away.

Truth is, they will not listen to you, they never will. Don't waste your time or allow yourself to get frustrated about it, they clearly need to calm down and use something called reason and logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You expect him to use google? He, like all the others, have made up their minds. I wouldn't associate with people like that. If I have to, smile and nod as you walk away slowly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Roll up a newspaper and give them a firm swat on the nose and say "No!" whenever they start to say something 9/11 related.
    Also try pinching their neck, and displaying dominance. If you must... as a last resort, urinate on them.

If nothing else, they will likely quit talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?