need some computer gameing help

hello to anyone who is looking at this well my computer use to work just fine when i play my games off of it but now for some odd reson when ever i load up a game my computer shuts down for no reson and i dont know why i have cleaned out the fans so i know its not over heating any clues why this is happening to me

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    <snip>

Infracted. Don't post meme images. - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2014-07-28 at 12:29 AM.

i dont know what you mean by this pc

15+ Year Old Account
    He means we need way more details, as many as possible. Your hardware, software, recent changes, which games, is there a bluescreen, is there any beeping from your motherboard, at what stage of the loading does it shut down, is it the same point each time, does this happen for all games, does it happen with anything other than games etc.

No one here can help you with zero details

oh ok well it shuts down on all the games i plau and the software i have is windows vista has for the kind of computer it is Gateway provides comes with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Socket 775 Serial ATA II (SATA 300) PCI/PCI Express 1x / 16x 320 GB Windows Vista Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE 512 MB DDR 128MB DDR (shared).

This Gateway Computer can take up to 4.0 GB ram, with a fixed amount of 2.0 GB = 1.0 GB (removable) + 1.0 GB (removable) installed PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs. Supports Dual Channel DDR2.. and i put a EVGA GeForce 9500 GT video card in it and there is no beeping from the motherboard and just my computer turns off.

Deleted
    let's see what's wrong with this:

1) windows Vista: get rid of it. Vista is known as one of the worst versions of windows of all time. The problem is that Microsoft changed the internal workings of the OS, but they didn't do it properly and polish didn't come until Windows 7.

2) apart from that, you have only 2 GB of RAM. Half of it is used by windows. that leaves 1 GB for the game. Most games these days won't even run with that.

3) your GPU uses shared memory. That means it used the memory of the system, which puts even further strain.

4) overall, your system seems old, like 2006 old. I suggest you just get a new system, because no modern game will run on it.

so is everything you telling me is why out of the blue my computer keeps shuting down on me when i play a game?

Quote Originally Posted by blair View Post
    so is everything you telling me is why out of the blue my computer keeps shuting down on me when i play a game?
    - It might be that there is some sort of driver conflict.
    - Some program is trolling you.
    - Your computer is about to die.

Best way to test this is to format your disk. Install windows 7 if you can. Vista is just fine if you can't.

If your pc continues to shut down, then you know it is the hardware and not the software.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    1) windows Vista: get rid of it. Vista is known as one of the worst versions of windows of all time. The problem is that Microsoft changed the internal workings of the OS, but they didn't do it properly and polish didn't come until Windows 7.
    Incorrect. Vista's problem was too high hardware requirements at launch date. With 4GB RAM and all patches installed it's just as good as 7 for gaming. OP's computer is too weak to run Vista, but it's also too weak to run 7 which has exactly same hardware requirements as Vista does.

Since your problems have started out of nowhere in an ancient computer it's most likely broken HDD or broken RAM. Testing those with appropriate tools would be good first step to start. It could also be software problem if you recently installed something (or caught a virus).

i did a few weeks back trying to install something for school and that is around them time this started to happen but i took it off my computer.

i did a few weeks back trying to install something for school and that is around them time this started to happen but i took it off my computer.
    Something probably got messed up then. Uninstalling or deleting programs that dont install right doesn't always help. If Windows gets really badly messed up nothing short of emptying whole computer and installing everything again helps.

What was it that got broken in install? Did you google for any installation help for it? You could also try to install that "something" again and hope it goes correctly second time and fixes the mess it created first time.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know what you mean by this pc
    I saw the infraction c'ming, I guess the mods here are just extremely bored in the summer heat.
    Either way, what I meant witht he picture is that we need absolutely way more than that to know what the issue it.

Maybe it is a GPU driver issue? If yes, what GPU do you got? Radeon, Nvidia? Maybe APU or Intels CPU GPU? What series? Drivers?
    Then for processor? Is your CPU overheating? Memory? Since when did this start? Does this affect all games or only a few?
    Have you tried a stress test to check your CPU works as it should, even a memory test? GPU test? Are things working properly? Maybe you just downloaded the game wrong. It could be anything, all you're telling us is that you PC shuts down the game. Absolutely not enough grounds to go by, of course more information has been written over the time, however it was a joke with that "meme".

Was going to ask if you installed or updated anything before the problem started happening. Whatever you installed for school sounds like it messed something up, what was it and what was the purpose?

Try download and install https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER , scan and remove any old/unused files/registry entries that it picks up.

It could also be a conflict with your drivers, or something just got messed up because of that program you installed, so you might want to reinstall/update your drivers.

You can check your CPU/GPU temps anyway, just to see if it's overheating when you're loading up a game, just because your fans are clean doesn't mean it can't be overheating.

Deleted
    Ccleaner only fixes program remains it knows how to clean up. It does not clean everything.

so try the ccleaner thing to fix what it worng with my computer