Unhappy How Anti-Climatic: Phasing Ruins the Day!

So... I just faction changed my main over to Alliance... my first 90 on the Alliance ever.

Over the past few months, I've been reading tons and tons of Alliance based novels, getting into the lore, redoing low level quests on my lvl 24 Ally toon for the story.

Now... I faction change over to Alliance, and then I get a quest telling me to head to the keep right away. Institively, my newly founded Alliance respect kicks in... I run over to the... Three Winds is it? - to transmog into my full set of tier 9 warrior gear, hope on my Vicious War Steed, and get into... da mood! Cutscene plays, I fly to the Skyfire, men at attention, ready to do their duty - da mood! We travel to Pandaria, cinematic plays, Admiral Rogers orders me into the Gyrobombers... and then everything phases away and I fall onto the ground, dying instantly.

NNNOOO!!! I will never be able to do the questline! Everything's been phased away! NNNOOO!!!

Deleted
    Phasing, while a good concept, has been executed poorly in some areas. I had no idea the ICC summoning stone was in a phased area until I tried to summon some guildies there. Waiting for my friend to come and help with the summon for 10 minutes until I realised he was actually right ontop of me but in another phase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, you can do the quest chain. There is a dragon you can talk to that will un-phase it for you so you can complete the Pandaria entry quests.

http://wowpedia.org/Taradormi

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Actually, you can do the quest chain. There is a dragon you can talk to that will un-phase it for you so you can complete the Pandaria entry quests.
    Huh...never knew that. Thanks

Phasing is not the issue, it's faction changing that is the culprit there. It doesn't reset a lot of flags and is just in general a big mess. I don't recommend it.

Why not roll a new toon, or make an instant 90 with your WoD preorder? Even if it's a level 90 it'll have a clean slate for questing purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I also did not know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Wasn't expecting that. That's pretty funny. Welcome to the Alliance, to become an official member go to the official WoW forums and bitch about how much Blizzard ignores us.

Ya, you need to talk to a NPC to turn the phasing in.. I had to do it too when I faction changed.

Any GM would tell you that in a ticket.

You should of seen it on launch day if you think that's bad!

http://i.imgur.com/svo3j.jpg

It was awful trying to shoot through all of that....

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird...

I've FC a few characters in MoP and never had this kind of issue. O_o

EDIT: Welcome to the Alliance! Hope you have fun while you're here.

(And not one Ally I know IRL is a "forum whiner" like stated above and in this forum. We tend to relax and play the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

How is that even possible..

Quote Originally Posted by Exile1123 View Post
    How is that even possible..
    Because Blizzard didn't think it through :P
    It was "Shoot randomly and hope you win"

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Valyrian, in case you didn't see it, find this NPC! You can do eet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the correct side

^ Is what you do to win

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Welcome to the correct side

^ Is what you do to win
    NO! You know what the Alliance is? It's... [I]filth/I]. A sess pit of racist Draenei and Nelves, radical Light loving humans who present themselves as the saviors of the world and give not-so-subtle hints to the other races for compensation... Dwarves who sit around and drink beer all day... and Gnomes who believe science is the solution to all the worlds problems. The Alliance... which believes in their precious little Light! An Alliance full of prideful...self deluded, self-righteous BIGOTS who can't TOLERATE the other races of this world and their ideals!

But then... you look over to the Horde... and they take in all comers as long as the prove themselves honest and capable... the Orcs; enslaved and brutally beaten for trying to find a new home they could survive in. Trolls and Shu'halo, who because they have different beliefs and methods, the almighty Alliance frowns upon. Goblins... whose shady mistakes in the past by the few, the Alliance holds against all Goblinkind. Forsaken...the very family of the Alliance who were outcast just because of was done to them! They weren't even given a chance to reintegrate into society. And elve; the Alliance shys away from because they use unrivaled magics which the Alliance doesn't understand, and they fear.

And when one, visionary orc who goes mad all because he was plagued by the one question of his life: did his father ever love him, they put him up as a symbol of what the Horde is and use him to demonize the Horde!

Damn the Alliance!

*Goes back to massacring orcs at the mercy of the Skyfire's gyrobombers*

Welcome to the Alliance, to become an official member go to the official WoW forums..

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    NO! You know what the Alliance is? It's... filth

It's ok, it will grow on you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

http://i.imgur.com/svo3j.jpg

lol that was fun.. not, I ended up leveling a monk because it was so bad.

also yeah when I faction changed my hunter many months ago, I fell to my death and I put a ticket in and they moved my character to it the next time I was logged on.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    NO! You know what the Alliance is? It's... [I]filth/I]. A sess pit of racist Draenei and Nelves, radical Light loving humans who present themselves as the saviors of the world and give not-so-subtle hints to the other races for compensation... Dwarves who sit around and drink beer all day... and Gnomes who believe science is the solution to all the worlds problems. The Alliance... which believes in their precious little Light! An Alliance full of prideful...self deluded, self-righteous BIGOTS who can't TOLERATE the other races of this world and their ideals!

But then... you look over to the Horde... and they take in all comers as long as the prove themselves honest and capable... the Orcs; enslaved and brutally beaten for trying to find a new home they could survive in. Trolls and Shu'halo, who because they have different beliefs and methods, the almighty Alliance frowns upon. Goblins... whose shady mistakes in the past by the few, the Alliance holds against all Goblinkind. Forsaken...the very family of the Alliance who were outcast just because of was done to them! They weren't even given a chance to reintegrate into society. And elve; the Alliance shys away from because they use unrivaled magics which the Alliance doesn't understand, and they fear.

And when one, visionary orc who goes mad all because he was plagued by the one question of his life: did his father ever love him, they put him up as a symbol of what the Horde is and use him to demonize the Horde!

Damn the Alliance!

Join the Alliance. We're much nicer to be around