Poll: Which side?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    It's ok to want to play the bad guys and be the evil races or whatever, cause thats what people do in RPGs, you just pick whatever you wanna pick, but I get so tired of people trying to dress up all the BS the horde has done and either write it off as individual actions, rogue factions, under the influence, whatever.
    Agreed.

"For the HUUURD, blood and thunder, destroy the Alliance!"

"Very well, have at thee, monsters!"

"*Gasp* Look, the evil Alliance are fighting us poor, poor Horde, how can they be so cruel, and they called us monsters! We are so oppressed!"

Deleted
    Agree with people saying if you wanna play the evil faction, alliance is your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Alliance, there is no other choice, the Horde is filth.
    Death to the Horde.
    FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Fuck the Sons of Lothar and the Light. For Elune
    Also death to the Horde. Every last one of them
    also fuck elune, and in the words of Gregor 'the hound' Clegane
    "fuck the king"

for the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    also fuck elune, and in the words of Gregor 'the hound' Clegane
    "fuck the king"

for the horde
    Blood and thunder! Spoken like a true warrior!

Deleted
    Death to the Scourge and death to the living!
    It's a shame that Forsaken have to grapple with the Horde...would definitely prefer them to be a faction on their own.

That said, apart from the Forsaken -> don't really care.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-07-28 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    We all know that in the end they will be friends so whatever. I want an option for "both".

Stupid poll is stupid. What do you expect? It's likely going to be something along the lines of 55% horde and 45% alliance on mmochampion.

Oh nevermind I just looked at the stats provided by your poll. I am not far off.

That said Dasani's post pretty much covers it. Although I do remember from one of the books that there was a time when Orcs were somewhat peaceful. More like a abboriginal race or native american race. But quite soon they became "Klingons" as they are protrayed in Star Trek.

Honestly I cannot but see something wrong with why the Forsaken are not in the Alliance. If you forget all that has happened from the moment they became "The Forsaken" lead by that Archer bitch. The alliance really did make some fucked up decisions. Sure if you see a forsaken for the first time even a family member, you'd think its a mindless undead. But come on... after a while surely someone heard them speak and saw that they are "humans" who are cursed into what they are now. Surely this information would reach some high end official and surely this high end official would make effort to bring them back home?

And if this situation I just described wouldn't happen right away... Dunno about you but if I were "forsaken", forsaken or not... I'd want to be back with my family. So I am sure more attempts would have been made "in reality" then just some skirmish where the forsaken just tucked tail and joined the horde.

Taurens - they have no business with either Horde or Alliance. They belong as a neutral faction linked to the Night Elves.

But yeah... Fantasy game is fantasy game

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    It's not a preference for me, but pragmatics.

I enjoy Random BG PvP - Horde is better at random BGs than Alliance, so therefore Horde.
    As long as you blacklist AV and IoC. I'm pretty sad that those 2 are a complete waste of time now as horde.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both.........

I play both but I sport a horde patch on my vest.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions, but dispise the fanbase of the horde...

Wow. That's really a one-sided quote there.

Look I play Horde, in fact I don't think I own any Alliance characters. But strictly speaking the Horde are the A-holes in WoW (which I'm fine with). Orcs are assholes, they got high and plowed a path of blood through two worlds. And even after Thrall "turns them good" many side with Garrosh.

Then the forsaken who literally hate the living and just seem to be in the Horde cause they'd have issues on their own. They'd still crap on anyone who isn't like them. Well most of them, at least. Or that's the impression I get whenever I am around a Forsaken quest hub.

The goblins only concern is profit, they'd cut your own hand and try to sell it back to you if it was worth it.

The trolls originate from one of the cruelest empires that ever existed in Azeroth and while the Darkspear are the "chill" dudes, their origins are not to be forgotten.

The tauren and the belfs seem the least evil fellas. Well the taurens are really good guys, they respect everyone and are loyal to the Horde. The Belfs might not be as respectful (still their faction leader displayed a cool and respect towards Jaina in the IOT series) but they do their duty and are very calculated.

All in all the Horde are not the good guys. No matter how much you want it to be true, but they have A LOT more character than the Alliance could ever wish for.

And they don't whine that much.

Deleted
    I play both factions and I like them both. Draenei is my favorite race but overall I kinda like horde more than alliance.

Deleted
    Yet people will still pop up and say orcs aren't evil. We just have to kill virtually all of them all the damn time because... ?
    Because we're the evil ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Lok'tar, Friend.

Horde is the true faction. Alliance is too evil for my tastes.
    Oh, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Screw both factions. Draenei FTW.

The question has never been Horde or Alliance. The questions have always been "Which faction do your friends play" or "Which faction has the best raiders?"
    Yeah. In my case, I play Alliance because my friends did, and I wanted to play the game with them. The fact that Dwarves are badass also had something to do with it.

I don't think the "good vs evil" thing really applies with WoW's factions anymore. It did back in the Warcraft 1/2 days, when the Alliance were clearly the good guys, and the Horde were clearly the bad guys. But the game has evolved so much since then, and it's more like two good factions who hate each other vs one clearly evil faction and/or major bad guy. I mean...yes, the Forsaken/Sylvanas do a lot of questionable things, and there's the obvious stuff that happened under Garrosh's leadership while he was doing his whole Hitler thing. But I wouldn't really say the Horde as a whole is "evil" anymore. We're at the point now where the factions are both "good" overall.

I can't remember the exact quote or NPC (I want to say it was Tirion Fordring or one of the other Argent Dawn NPCs), but there was a Human NPC back in Classic who said something about how he'd known Orcs who were as honorable as some of the greatest Alliance heroes, as well as Humans who were as vile and ruthless as the Scourge. Which is pretty accurate.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-28 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I am loyal only to myself.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance scum