Thread: Based Holinka

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Based Holinka

Here's to hoping more retardproof get-out-jail-free cards will follow.

Hopefully some retardproof get-someone-in-jail free cards will follow.

Maybe they'll give fears, charms, and snooze effects a cast time now. That seems fair.

Hell yeah, awesome change!

Wonder what will be next, Berserker Rage? Or maybe they will leave that alone since it doesn't work on group members?
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

Good change, long overdue. Now do this to every other CC breaker and reduce mobility and we've got ourselves very healthy pvp gameplay.

The Lightbringer Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    I agree with this change: put's much more emphasis on balancing your CC breaker abilities witheverything else you can do. CC is a very negligble mechanic ingame right now which can instantly be avoidedby using either the insignia or your class' CC breaker, and since it's highly unlikely that you'll become the victim of a devestating CC during the period afterwards (because usually the big CCs hits first which is instantly negated by the two breakers, and the big CCs have long CDs), CC is just really a 1 or 2 second inconvience instead of the game changing mechanic it's spposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!

I do not post here much, but i have to say: Awesome change, especially since i believe all of those CCs are now casted as well. Brings just a little bit of skill back to playing Shaman.

Good change, unless they aren't reworking other things aswell. Rather see Tremor removed completely and give shamans some personal gimmicks..

wow.. finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Wonder what will be next, Berserker Rage? Or maybe they will leave that alone since it doesn't work on group members?
    Holinka will leave it alone since he mains Warrior. Warriors have been doing extremely well since he became lead PvP designer...

OT: Tremor Totem nerf was justified, surprised they waited so long.

Quote Originally Posted by puelo View Post
    I do not post here much, but i have to say: Awesome change, especially since i believe all of those CCs are now casted as well. Brings just a little bit of skill back to playing Shaman.
    Psychic Scream and Howl of Terror would like a word with you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Psychic Scream and Howl of Terror would like a word with you :-)
    Both of which are extremely easy to predict if you're playing a Healer. A Warlock or Priest running at you from 70yards away is a pretty tell-tale sign that they are looking for a fear.

OT: Amazing change. Tremor is far too strong in it's current state at this brings back the skillcap of pre-tremoring fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Holinka will leave it alone since he mains Warrior. Warriors have been doing extremely well since he became lead PvP designer...
    Based Holinka indeed.

Also I don't see how this is a GREAT change. Why not just nix reset? Maybe in some cases you'll be able to pre-tremor a fear/sleep/charm, but for the most part people will just use it as follow-up now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Both of which are extremely easy to predict if you're playing a Healer. A Warlock or Priest running at you from 70yards away is a pretty tell-tale sign that they are looking for a fear.
    Meta shift will just mean that the priest/warlock will just sit on top of the shaman until they drop tremor. Though do spriests even have psychic scream anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Meta shift will just mean that the priest/warlock will just sit on top of the shaman until they drop tremor. Though do spriests even have psychic scream anymore?
    With how strong melee are on beta at the moment, sitting ontop of the enemy healer will effectively be a deathwish.

wow, and it only took them...... 6 years or so... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    And...? You do realise he isn't soley responsible for every change, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Great news! And as others have said i also hope this will be the same for berserker rage or other faceroll-abilities of the sort.

Looking forward to WoD pvp even more
    Epic!

One word: Finally!

Wish list:
    Nerf cyclone (my main is a rdruid yes): DONE
    Nerf tremor totem: DONE
    Nerf Will of the Forsaken (yes, I'm horde): DONE
    Nerf Human trinket racial: Still Waiting
    Nerf fear: DONE
    Nerf instant casts (pom poly, ns clone/hex): DONE
    Nerf Demonic Gateway (my partner is a lock, I'd have to be blind not to see how OP it is): DONE
    Nerf subterfuge: DONE

Many of us PvPers are actually delighted to what promises to be one of the best PvP expansions we've ever seen

PS: berserker rage isn't that OP....is the same thing as mages being able to blink stuns or druids to shift polymorphs...maybe a reduced duration but certainly no need to a huge nerf imo.

Brings back the days when tremor was used to help your team-mates moreso than yourself.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!