Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the garrison-buildings. I do hate that you really have to choose between so many awesome perks

People with alts can already have every profession at max level. Some even use their alts specifically as trade skill mules that do literally nothing else.

All garrison profession buildings do is let you have the professions without needing a ton of alts. So good change for people who only like to play their main and not grind up more characters through the outdated leveling process.

Honestly uncapping the number of trade skills each player can have would accomplish the same thing, I think that would be the better route really. But hey, they wanted to add buildings to the garrison and give illusions about choice and junk so, there you go.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Datamined WoWHead seems to indicate crafted epics at 640 Hexweave Armor which can be upgraded to 655 via Expert Hexweave Dye then to 665 via Master Hexweave Dye.

Both the expert and master dyes do require a "secret ingredient" (Shadow Dew for expert, Ancient Moonwillow Leaf for master) which also happen to be used in other professions (alchemy, JC, and BS). Datamine has not revealed where these are found/harvested.
    They should really stop focusing on stupid low expensive epic gear that you'll replace fast or won't be useful anymore in future patches.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I like the garrison-buildings. I do hate that you really have to choose between so many awesome perks
    There really aren't any choices i've seen.

Everyone will get the building that gives them the loot bonus roll.
    Everyone will get the building that lets them ride ground mounts in draenor faster because no flying sucks and ground mounts are slow.
    etc etc

Only options really that exist are what types of "small" buildings you want, and those essentially come down to what professions do you want to save money on by not leveling.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post

Everyone will get the building that lets them ride ground mounts in draenor faster because no flying sucks and ground mounts are slow.
    etc etc

Only options really that exist are what types of "small" buildings you want, and those essentially come down to what professions do you want to save money on by not leveling.
    not sure i agree with this, not that bothered by the bonus rolls myself, i am torn between the stables, mage tower and workshop. But then making choices are the fun part of the game and not everyone plays it the same way (The workshop mentions the magic words 'Jet Pack' :O )

Deleted
    I agree, I feel there is a lot of choice on the buildings. I think there will be some buildings that get taken a lot (like Mage Tower for portals), but I can't see any are compulsory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    They should really stop focusing on stupid low expensive epic gear that you'll replace fast or won't be useful anymore in future patches.
    thats just it though, i don't think it's easily replaced. especially since you can only wear 3 pieces max. i think these profession epics are slot fillers. "dammit, my chest piece just won't drop!". isn't 665 fairly on par with the ilvl dropped in the first tier on heroic? (not mythic, heroic)
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

etc etc

According to the garrison-builder, you had the choice of various large buildings as well, no?

10+ Year Old Account

etc etc

Sorry to bust your bubble but this was addressed on Twitter and then further discussed by various WoW personalities (go Olivia Grace!)

So currently you turn in 50 lesser charms for 3 warforged seals, in WoD there will be different ways to get those 3 extra loot rolls. One of which is by having the Armory at lv 3. So while it does free you up to only have to collect the remaining 2 extra loot rolls, it does not give you an extra one above the 3 you can collect per reset (which I assume will be capped at 10). Now depending on how easy it is to get those other loot rolls, then the Armory might be better/worse to build instead of a different large building.

Additionally, medium buildings also offer some unique benefits as well. Lumber mill allows access to chests scattered under trees/branches/shrubbery in Draenor (hey it's a savage place) while the Sparring Arena offers some interesting perks (i.e. unlimited underwater breathing, increased out of combat regen, and damage reduction in outdoor zones of Draenor).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.