Poll: Death By...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jailer in GR 30+ literally breaks the game. It's as anti-skill as it gets. It'd help if I had ever seen one of the arcane amulets, but alas, I've never seen ANY of the immunity amulets.

For my barbarian it would have to be frozen. Hands down.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    need an option for "not paying attention"
    or "ran to get coffee"
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jailer, Frozen, Molten, Arcane. When i have my bubble down (paladin Monk). So freaking annoying.

I don't recall being killed just because of one enchantment, it's always combination of something
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I had to go for the Molten (bomb) option, so many times I've killed demons that I didn't even notice were Molten, and because there is loads of stuff going on I just stood in 3 explosions!

Arcane comes in a very close second...

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Enchanted, BY FAR... Until I got my neck.. :-)
    On a VERY DISTANT 2nd place we find Frozen
    3rd place goes to Fire Chains..

Yes, I play melee only..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Electrified before they changed it and they fixed spirit walk on my WD. I've ran into packs with lots of fetishes out not seeing the affixes on the monsters only to instantly die when my pets proc about a billion lightning bolts as I'm passing through to the other side.

Outside of that their should be a jailer option. I really detest jailer and I think it's probably the most unfair thing in the game. Elite pack jailer is 'okay', but champion jailers are beyond fucking retarded. I understand that they added a damage component to the affixes that didn't produce damage to make range care about toughness, but the way the damage scales and the amount of damage it does is super unfair, especially in greater rifts. Running into a 4-5 pack of champion jailers on 30+ is usually instant death if they decide to use it in close proximity to one another (and they usually do).

Reflect damage is nasty too if you run rain of toads and have too many of them in the air without spirit walk ready, lol. But that's mostly not paying attention. Most of them aren't that bad if you don't play reckless, but that's the fun of the game in my opinion. Fuck champion jailer though, fuck that to hell.

Molten with Vortex by far. Pull, boom, ouch.

Almost anything else i can dodge with Vault, but the Vortex catches me off guard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Molten with Vortex by far. Pull, boom, ouch.

Almost anything else i can dodge with Vault, but the Vortex catches me off guard sometimes.
    Krem Bracers and you will never die ever again then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Arcane Enchanted, BY FAR... Until I got my neck.. :-)
    On a VERY DISTANT 2nd place we find Frozen
    3rd place goes to Fire Chains..

Yes, I play melee only..
    Arcane enchanted in an enclosed space with a waller. Fuck me.

Especially when the minions are also arcane enchanted.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Krem Bracers and you will never die ever again then.
    Haven't run across those yet, a pair with dex/crit and fire or frost damage would make my day though.

Deleted
    voted molten bomb. in reality though it's vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I find it odd that 45% vote arcane as the one killing them the most. The arcane lasers are like the easiest thing there is to avoid, especially since they added the indicator that shows where it's going to start at. I used to use the arcane immunity necklace, but then switched to the shadows, and realized arcane is a completely irrelevant affix. Well, might be that people are playing at T6 and on glass cannon characters, and not looking at where they're standing, because the stem of the laser will of course drop you if you keep standing on it. That might explain the 45%.
    Yeah, when there is a fuckton of demons around, with 2 champ packs already using all they got, it's not so hard to miss this one small orb directly undeneath you.

Screw the "Arcane Enchanted" + "Narrow Corridor" combo.

Deleted
    Anything that cuts off escape routes, for example waller/jailor/frozen. The damage source isn't that relevant. Lost my seasonal crusader in a greater rift after having a group of elite terror demons jump out of stealth around me with 10 seconds+ on Steed Charge, and getting a perfect surround on me. Didn't really matter what abilities they had. Just the melee damage would have been enough to kill me. Only had 5 pieces of Akkan's set too, so no life saving from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, when there is a fuckton of demons around, with 2 champ packs already using all they got, it's not so hard to miss this one small orb directly undeneath you.

Screw the "Arcane Enchanted" + "Narrow Corridor" combo.
    Arcane Enchanted is easy when you've got one enemy and a wide space to run around.

Which almost never happens. Usually I get killed by it because I have no space or because its combined with Jailer or some other mechanic that keeps me from moving, or because I'm also getting mobbed, like Rick Grimes in Atlanta mobbed.
    Putin khuliyo

Arcane enchanted, sure it is easy to avoid, when you have the space that is, a narrow corridor and a ton of lasers.. You are gonna need some mad ninja skills to survive that shit, combine that with fucking jailers or wallers and you are in for a beatdown.

Jailer. Firstly it one-shots you about ~Greater Rift level 35, secondly if you manage to somehow survive it you die to something else, thirdly you can only guess as to when it'll happen.

Gonna say arcane enchanted as well. Small enclosed areas and/or jailer, waller, etc. make them so difficult to completely avoid. I have to rely on vaulting out of those things and even then it just starts to get out of control. Mortar not so much, because once again I can vault out of jailer, but the problem with arcane enchanted is there is usually 3 or 4 of them going on at once, it becomes an excessive obstacle course and running out of discipline means death.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Mortar + Jailer combo's, the only reason I haven't gotten GR38+ yet solo :'<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Fire Chains have taken the nr1 position for me. Caused by carelessness, I admit hehe.
    Mortars are 2nd place.

Also, ever ran into a huge pack of Darkmoon Clan spear men? 25of those tossing spears all at once can be quite lethal as well.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”