Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post

That about covers it.
    Changes can be for the better. Like designing a logo that shows wheat forming yellow letters on background of blue sky that are starting to burn with the fire (of the Horde).
    Or just a generic steel thingie that has no relevance whatsoever to 20 years of franchise.

But whatever, everything gritty is good nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    A dev of another game said it a while ago: "For every person playing WoW there are 10 who quit and hate what they've done to the game."
    More people quit for reasons completely unrelated to the game than those that do. There are thousands of reasons people stop playing WoW and "I don't like the game anymore" is only one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Ever thought that a still picture can't do justice to a movie logo ?
    A logo it's only text. You see logos like "Lord of the Rings", "Casablanca", "Lost in translation", etc. etc., and that's it. So yes, a still picture of a logo is enough to critize it, to judge if it's good or bad (in our subjetive opinion, ofc).

For the rest of your answer, I don't know what are you talking about, because I only commented about the logo, not the movie (by the way, bad analogy, because a logo it's not a "still picture from a movie") ?????????

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the dislikes are probably from people clicking the link expecting to see the actual teaser trailer, I'd reckon.

As for the logo itself, I'm completely ambivalent to it. It doesn't make me excited for the movie in any way, and if I didn't know anything about the franchise, I'd probably think it looked generic.

But when it comes to modern movie promotional materials, pretty much everything is generic. Blue and orange posters, sans serif fonts, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    A dev of another game said it a while ago: "For every person playing WoW there are 10 who quit and hate what they've done to the game."
    If that were true, it would mean that there are over 70 million people who have unsubscribed because they hate what Blizzard has done to the game.

That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I would like to know the name of that developer so I can steer clear of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Ever thought that a still picture can't do justice to a movie logo ?

There are only a few people who saw a few seconds of a trailer and they were ALL blown away by the sequence. Taking a still picture from a movie and then comment on it is like basing a review of Godfather 1 on the ONE pictured title screen.
    Err, you can find the animated logo on youtube, but I don't see what difference that would make.

I don't think anybody ever said that the movie will be necessarily bad because the logo is. Most even don't comment on the logo per se, but simply on the fact that it isn't the original warcraft logo. And most would not even complain if this would be the "new" warcraft logo, but from what we can tell it will only be the logo for the movie, and not for the rest of the franchise that continues to use the "old" one.

And I think Lahis summarized pretty well what people fear:

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Also sets a bad precedent for the movie: "Lets ditch stuff established fans like and recognize and try to appeal to the masses. Because that has worked so very well for video game movies in the past."

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    -snip-
    I think they did it so it would appeal more towards people who watch movies rather than appealing to people who play WoW.
    I got the feeling of a transformers metal/grunge theme from the logo.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You mean the trailer? It's kinda hard to find people who dislike something when the people you are showing it to are diehard gaming fans, most of which probably play WoW or at least don't hate it.
    And you think non-wow People will care about the Logo for the warcraft movie? I dont really think so...

The full Trailer is what will People get hooked (or not) about the movie at the end...

Because the internet.

It's just the first sign that this is going to be a crap movie. They don't even respect the 20 year old logo.

They might as well rename the movie to "Wardaddies" because it probably won't have anything to do with the Warcraft we know, it seems to be more about a human and an orc whining about their kids.

You either like it or you don't, why is this so complicated?

No point to over analyze this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't look bad. It doesn't really make me any more curious either though.
    It just looks like "generic sci-fi movie 3000" to me. Something I might look for lulz, but have no real expectations for.

I truly hope the movie will be epic. I was already a bit disappointed when I heard they didn't make it in their traditional CGI style.