10+ Year Old Account

Are garrisons lacking?

I'm not in the beta, but this video makes some good points. From what i'm seeing it's very lackluster customization. Thoughts?

5. Future expansions leaving the feature behind/irrelevant?
    4. No guild Garrisons or any pvp content
    3. Not enough choice, garrison stuck in only one zone
    2. Not enough customization, only plots and trophy thing can even be changed
    1. Too much like a facebook game, all menu based and hardly any character gameplay
    Last edited by ghostnet; 2014-07-29 at 04:50 AM.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post

I'm not in the beta, but this video makes some good points. From what i'm seeing it's very lackluster customization. Thoughts?

5. Future expansions leaving the feature behind/irrelevant?
    4. No guild Garrisons or any pvp content
    3. Not enough choice, garrison stuck in only one zone
    2. Not enough customization, only plots and trophy thing can even be changed
    1. Too much like a facebook game, all menu based and hardly any character gameplay
    They can certainly be better, but they are still an improvement on the farm at least. But really would have preferred them to be more customizable (different buildings, zones, guards, etc.)

You're beating a dead horse. Garrisons are lacking, but they will get better. Who cares about garrisons with fresh endgame anyways?!

In beta right now, garrisons are bugged to high heaven, and the things that aren't bugged are NYI, no way to tell if they're underwhelming or not... :P

Feature wise both are aesthetic wise nope the Alliance one is great Horde one just sucks a desolate barren and generally an unfun place to look at and play in.

Ga

10+ Year Old Account
    of course they're lacking, blizzard made grand sweeping statements of what Garrisons could do, like a lot of things they discribe, only for them to turn out to be disappointments and nothing like the original idea.
    Around the time wildstar was coming out and player housing was a thing with that, the talk about Garrisons and people claimed garrisons would be better then player housing in wildstar. Turns out thats not only now false, its at the bottom of the bucket in terms of design.
    #boycottchina

Could we please wait until Garrisons are fully implemented and functional before bashing them? What, oh right this is Unreasonable City, sorry I forgot. Not like anyone listened to what is being "discussed" here anyway, feel free to go on.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Could we please wait until Garrisons are fully implemented and functional before bashing them? What, oh right this is Unreasonable City, sorry I forgot. Not like anyone listened to what is being "discussed" here anyway, feel free to go on.
    Sorry to tell you but we don't really like the Unreasonable City idea and we don't think we can get it done before release. From now on this will be Unreasonable Ashran Hub.