Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Level 100 talents - which one do you WANT to be good?

I think now's a good time, right before number tuning, to ask the rogue community this. Between lemon zest, DfA, and SR, which do you actually WANT to raid/pvp with? Forget what they'll be like in their final state. Go purely by feel.

For me, it's gotta be DfA. I don't care about loss of auto attacks, character control, and almost certain death on some fights. It looks amazing, it seems like it feels amazing, and it just seems like a fun mechanic, warts and all. I played the demo at Blizzcon, hovered over it, saw what it did for the first time, and felt so excited to use it.

What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayjoy View Post
    I think now's a good time, right before number tuning, to ask the rogue community this. Between lemon zest, DfA, and SR, which do you actually WANT to raid/pvp with? Forget what they'll be like in their final state. Go purely by feel.

For me, it's gotta be DfA. I don't care about loss of auto attacks, character control, and almost certain death on some fights. It looks amazing, it seems like it feels amazing, and it just seems like a fun mechanic, warts and all. I played the demo at Blizzcon, hovered over it, saw what it did for the first time, and felt so excited to use it.

What about you guys?
    i'd go with lemon zest. just because i like lemon more than oranges..... hhmmm lemon......

Lets see boring passive or something to just macro to other cd's or something to kill myself with hmmm.

But really it would be nice if they would work all the issues out of dfa as it could be more fun.

Deleted
    Obviously DfA. It's the only reason I even considered to keep playing rogue next xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purely feel? Definitely DfA. It just looks amazing. But the potential of Shadow Reflection us huge and if they would let it have that potential SR could also be much fun.

Deleted
    I'll try and take DfA in as many scenario's as possible in WoD - I'll be disappointed when i have to use venom zest for more dps.

It's about time we had something flashy.

I want SR to be never be worth using because that ability is a totally undocumented mess that is really annoying to test or theorycraft.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    I want SR to be never be worth using because that ability is a totally undocumented mess that is really annoying to test or theorycraft.
    Like Dancing Rune Weapon but not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather see the clone do a flat "Duplicates the next 4 damaging abilities" Instead of the timer, to many variables imo.

Venom Zest is retarded, its not only weak its also boring they should just scrap that thing and give us something new entirely in its place. DFA while flashy and stuf is wierd, one extra finisher at a 20 secs CD kinda makes no sense, maybe they should just make it somethign that replaces Envenom and Eviscerate and balance it around that idea or maybe they should extend its Cd to 1-2 minutes and make it not a finisher and tune it acordingly. SR imo is the most interesting, it adds some interesting possibilitys but it has a hughe potential to go live super buggy.

Its a wierd tier of talents...

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Its a wierd tier of talents...
    Kind of fits the theme then ;)
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I want lemon zest to be good but right now it is weak sauce lol.

Before you say Shadow Reflection, please do make sure you know how it works.

You pop it, your clone sits there for 8 seconds and does nothing, and then starts copying your special attacks for 8 seconds. (clone lasts 16 seconds total) It does not copy auto attacks OR poison damage. It seems incredibly clunky to me. DfA is the same way - clunky. Both skills need mechanical revamp, imo.

All of them. Hell, they're level 100 talents and so far my reaction has been "meh" or "clunky".

But given the talent situation of rogues, i'm not expecting much out of them - it will likely ed with one being superior just because of a combination of raw damage and/or ease of use/adaptability to many situations.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    All of them. Hell, they're level 100 talents and so far my reaction has been "meh" or "clunky".
    After comparing them to Death Knight or Warrior abilities my reaction is "What the hell?..."

Even for a beta, those spells look unfinished. I don't know about other classes' lvl 100 talents, but these seem to need more then final polish.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Even for a beta, those spells look unfinished. I don't know about other classes' lvl 100 talents, but these seem to need more then final polish.
    Shadow Reflection is a pretty good contestant for not working correctly on release.

Venom Zest. One less button to worry about. Shadow reflections just looks like a mess and the way it work just looks annoying. DfA I think would be a cool ability to just have but the way it works currently looks like its another talent that will just end up killing rogues left and right.

I swear the rogue class is the emoest of them all always lurking in shadows by themselves and then running off and killing themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Venom Zest. One less button to worry about. Shadow reflections just looks like a mess and the way it work just looks annoying. DfA I think would be a cool ability to just have but the way it works currently looks like its another talent that will just end up killing rogues left and right.

I swear the rogue class is the emoest of them all always lurking in shadows by themselves and then running off and killing themselves.
    Raid Leader: "Come on, rogue. We need the Garrosh engineers killed."

Rogue: "I don't wanna."

Raid Leader: "Come on, rogue. You haven't been tricksing anyone because you think it 'hurts the raid.' Just do this one thing for us."

Rogue: "YOU DON'T GET MY CLASS. BLIZZARD DOESN'T LOVE US. NOBODY LOVES US."

Rogue: *Shadowsteps behind Ultraxion*

One talent is a boring passive, and another is basically something to macro with your other cooldowns, is there really a choice here?

Unfortunately, I think that a DfA that is strongest in PvE will be too strong in PvP (its damage would have to be buffed a ton to make up for lost auto attacks, higher energy, and the benefits of other talents), so that will never happen.

Out of the remaining two, I would probably prefer lemon zest to be the stronger talent since I like consistent damage more than burst and lemon zest helps in AoE in cleave situations as well.