Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Have you ever regreted not asking a "Crush" out ??

Hey,

I was never cautious when asking girls out or requesting to know them better but this one is a bit different because I have had a crush on her for a couple of years now and I always think that it is better to not have loved than lost in this case because I always worry that if I make a move and get rejected, I would never get another chance with her

In my case it is now about Shyness but it is about the fear of getting rejected by someone who I believe is a good match for me......... ( same hobbies, same subcultural, similar interests..........etc)

What would you guys do in this situation ? Would you have made a move? and Have you ever regretted not making a move before?( honest and helpful answers please )

Thank you.........................

EDIT 1: After getting convinced I made a move, and she rejected me . She said that she is interested in someone else and she has a crush on that person. For the people on the same position as me, I suggest you make a move. You dont have anything to lose and I will not regret this

Stay Strong MMO-C friends and Hakuna Mattata!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by a C e; 2014-07-30 at 09:09 AM.
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

I don't ask for a few reasons. I can bring them only misery so if I like them I would not want them to be with me and suffer.
    If I did ask and they reject me then I have to do everything I can to ruin the life of the person they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I don't ask for a few reasons. I can bring them only misery so if I like them I would not want them to be with me and suffer.
    If I did ask and they reject me then I have to do everything I can to ruin the life of the person they like.
    Surely you cannot be serious. That is a terrible outlook to have on life. Cheer up, mate, it'll do you some good.

Deleted
    Yes I have regrets about not going after a girl I really liked, and I think vice versa as well.

The thing was that she was already in a relationship and I just don't like breaking people up. But I do regret is somewhat still because it was one of those unique people you will never meet again in your life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a C e View Post
    Have you ever regreted not asking a "Crush" out ??
    I regret not being able to ask this "Crush" out every single second of every single day:

10+ Year Old Account
    no, because i always do

can't be afraid of failure in the search for perfection

fuck the odds

Deleted
    yes, i had my reasons why i didn't, but still regretted it after.

If you are honest about this, please seek counseling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Surely you cannot be serious. That is a terrible outlook to have on life. Cheer up, mate, it'll do you some good.
    That is exactly how it is, I even took time to look at things, consider options and such. If I really like her I will break and burn all ties in a deliberate manner so that she will have nothing to do with me and I have no contact with her, in the end it works better for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow umm, that's dark. You should consider speaking to someone about it, or seek professional counseling.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    there was never a woman/girl who could have had feelings for me. so no, i dont regret it. its better being alone than getting rejected all the time.

Deleted
    I do not regret anything I do in life that far back, The butterfly effect yo.

I'm happy now and that is what matters.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't ask out a girl I liked, to later on realize she liked me!

Then again, I realized when I moved from my country so :P

I don't care either way as, again, I moved from there! I wasn't afraid of failure, I simpy didn't see it happening.

I always fall hard for chicks that are taken. There was one crush though that I should've gone after. There was a tiny window and I didn't have the nerve, then her manager showed up, so the window was closed. Never got the chance over the next few weeks and some other bloked asked her out. They are married with at least 1 kid now. When she was like 2 weeks from getting married. I told her the story of almost asking her out. She looked me dead in the eyes and said "well, you should have." and I was like ... damn.

A few others turned out to be cunts. A few others became good friends. Others still turned up to be good experiences. I think it's usually better of to give it a try. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I always fall hard for chicks that are taken. There was one crush though that I should've gone after. There was a tiny window and I didn't have the nerve, then her manager showed up, so the window was closed. Never got the chance over the next few weeks and some other bloked asked her out. They are married with at least 1 kid now. When she was like 2 weeks from getting married. I told her the story of almost asking her out. She looked me dead in the eyes and said "well, you should have." and I was like ... damn.

A few others turned out to be cunts. A few others became good friends. Others still turned up to be good experiences. I think it's usually better of to give it a try. You never know.
    what if that person is already a friend?? if I get rejected wouldn't it be awkward ?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Deleted
    Yes, I still regret it, although not as much that I'd be loosing sleep 'cause of it or anything like that. The thing is though, she had a boyfriend at the time, ... but oh man was she the most beautiful woman I ever saw in my life. She had the perfect body for my taste, the most beautiful face, she was like an angel.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No regrets. Was never turned down by any I was interested in. But honestly I was not aggressive. The only woman I have ever loved is my wife and I went for her and happily she felt the same for me. Never had any issue with getting girls interested in me. But OP, you see a girl you want to date, ask her. What do you have to lose? Nothing actually, but a lot to gain. Go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

what if that person is already a friend?? if I get rejected wouldn't it be awkward ?
    Meh. What is the worse that could happen? A momentary feeling of awkwardness is a price I would pay if I was that interested in a friend. If she rejected me, I would shrug and say, " Ok, that was awkward, but at least I know now how you feel about me and we can move on in a nice friendship relationship. So it is all good. "

I know this can sound stupid, but if you think asking her and she rejecting you could end up in an awkward situation, that will ruin the friendship you already have. You can always try asking her / making a move when you are in a situation that both are drunk. Not like dead drunk cant walk, but tipsy. If done correctly, you always have a way out, saying i was drunk, dont know what came over me.

Also, pay attention to "if done correctly". Dont just try and slip her your tongue out of nowhere. Create the situation in which you can justify the attempt and say the moment took me over and i just got this need to kiss you, or something similar.

There are one or two, but largely, I think it is for the best. I was young and not financially stable, so aside from a person to go out with I had nothing to offer them.

Fast-forward 5 years and I met my wife, and I was in a much better financial situation. Love her, dated her, married her. Four year anniversary this last February.

There is the "what ifs..." but I know I wasn't ready then (not financially at the very least, if not emotionally mature as well) so it worked out.