Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worgen rogues and...

Is it true that the most less playable rogues on alliance side are worgens? Tbh for me, that is a little strange since their combat animations are very nice, and for non combat you can choose to be in human form.Only what I maybe found wired on them are heads items which looking meh (except iliy head and cm head) and not good looking on most mounts (esp smaller), but you can switch to human so that is alright, atleast for me. Also found and think racial for pve is very good and useful. So what is your opinion on worgen rogues, why they are the most less playable race on alliance side?

thx and cheers

I'd have imagined Dwarf Rogues would be the least played. Technically they do have the least competitive racials; whereas Worgen have Darkflight which comes in handy.

Deleted
    Two simple reasons:

1) Looks. The worgen models have never been favored much by the playerbase, especially not the females.

2) Racials:
    - Darkflight is nice for all other classes, but on rogues? We already have Sprint + Shadowstep/Cloak&Dagger/BurstOfSpeed, and since alot of rogues favor engineering, also Nitro Boosts.
    - Critboost...meh
    - Increased Skinning...who cares?
    Humans have a free PvP Trinket, which is invaluable + Rep Bonus to ease Grinds. Night elves have Shadowmeld, which is GODLY in both PvE and PvP, especially for Sub-Rogues, using a Shadowmeld+Ambush Makro to get an additional application of Find Weakness. They also get faster movement in stealth + Free evasion. Gnomes get free Expertise with our most important weapon types + free escape from roots.

Its not that the Worgen Racials are bad, but the other choices for alliance rogues are simply So. Much. Better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Worgen on my rogue for a while but I wasn't a fan of the size of them for a rogue. Feel like in my mind rogues should be small, thin, sneaky sneaky races and the larger thicker models of worgen didn't do it for me compared to humans, night elves, dwarves and rogues :P Worgen always seemed to look better as a Warrior.

But that's just me.

I think the Worgen models in general have a lot of issues; even the males. Armour fitting is often horrible, such as head armour, cloaks, gloves; animations are often terrible, such as the running animations.

The Female model often gets a lot of flak; but in my eyes, both the Male and Female models are both pretty bad. I can say with some confidence that Worgen will be the first 'new' race to be updated when the Vanilla/TBC models are done.

Deleted
    Pls create a Worgen and open yourself to their walk animation. Afterwards tell me if you still want to play that race.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprince View Post
    Pls create a Worgen and open yourself to their walk animation. Afterwards tell me if you still want to play that race.
    I want to play that race. In all seriousness, are worgen rogues the best in PvP? No. Are they the best in PvE? It's debatable.

Are most players playing on the level where your race would actually matter? VERY likely not. Racials would only be the tipping point for the top 1% or even 0.5% of the playerbase. So, my point being is that you can play whatever you think looks and works best for you. Small things like racials aren't going to stand in your way. Can you get to 2200 playing as a worgen rogue? Of course! Can you get 14/14H playing a worgen rogue? Yup!

My point is that if you're stuck in the 1500 bracket as a human, I highly doubt that you would do any worse as a worgen. Play whatever you like best! Stop bandwagoning to what the 0.5% of the playerbase tells you. The game is much different at that level.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'd have imagined Dwarf Rogues would be the least played. Technically they do have the least competitive racials; whereas Worgen have Darkflight which comes in handy.
    Dwarf rogue is one of the best IMO, for pvp at least. sure you lose human's trinket or NE shadowmeld, but Dwarf rogues are the only ones that can remove bleeds and restealth.

I'd say Sorzzara hit the head on the nail. No need for the additional sprint, and the fact that for whatever reason so many people like to play female characters and Fem-worgs look like rabid chihuahuas. Now, my Male worgen hunter is a beast. Disengage -posthaste, darkflight with masters call, GG and I'm halfway across the map.

but yeah, making a decent Xmog is difficult because of the helmets and feet. I happen to love mine though
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    but yeah, making a decent Xmog is difficult because of the helmets and feet. I happen to love mine though
    Hey, we're like the same!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocket/advanced

Deleted
    I sincerely cannot imagine how anyone would like to look at that walk animation for hours and hours. It looks straight up stupid. Each to their own I guess.

I have a worgen rogue and would like nothing more to change out of it or have two forms let you kill things in human mode. 90% of all rogue/leather armor looks like shit on a worgen, especially helms, don't get me started on how poorly they chose to model helms on worgen (I can probably say many things on that topic that would lead to a ban). Playing with it off or using 1 of very few decent looking helms (like the stereotypical blindfold) is pretty much required if you don't want to look stupid while dpsing.

As for pluses, darkflight isn't that bad in a pve setting (though if you pvp at all, human is pretty much needed for the racial, even going forward it looks like it'll still be OP in WoD since they've yet to announce any changes to it and are giving humans versatility bonus for free damage boost over spirit). I like their stealth/attack animations, and the size isn't too bad, you're a giant badass werewolf tiptoeing over to your victim for biting, er stabbing. Being a worgen fits in better to me since animals are supposed to be stealthier you'd think.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Male Worgen looks like f****** shit, perhaps that's why ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Dwarf racial can remove bleeds which is GREAT for rogue. One of the most annoying things about playing a rogue is not being able to stealth and re-open with a bleed effect on you. All magic dots can be removed with cloak of shadows. But those bleeds can be quite pesky...

Worgen rogues are still more common than dwarf rogues. Though yes, people tend to gravitate toward Humans. Haven't seen many nelf rogues in the last while either.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Haven't seen many nelf rogues in the last while either.
    *waves* I'm a night elf rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    Imo you two have done it correctly, you don't cover a worgen(werewolf) in armor. Keep it minimalistic.

One problem with worgen rogues is the shear size, exiting stealth as a worgen is much more dangerous then for example a gnome.

Kinda hard not to notice the huge fury worgen that just unstealthed behind you healer.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2014-07-27 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

>quietly sneaks to enemy
    >about to stab
    >*sniff sniff*

/sigh...

I have female Worgen (of every class I can really), both melee and stealth animations are great. Armour looks more than fine on them, apart from helmets, and not needing boots is positive when hunting for transmog. But it seems people forget Worgen come in more than one gender... For males, their walking animation is horrible, and they are way too bulky/hunched, just doesn't fit unless you only play Combat (kinda sharing a little of that with male Orcs, you won't see many of them with daggers either).

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all I wanna thx for all your feedbacks, but even I know its more personal,which ally race you can recommend to have good lookin combat animations, personal animations (like walk, running, etc etc) and be nice for transmog stuffs (must be male gender)? On first I was thinking humans are the best, but a long time ago was hard thinking about night elfs, so any good advice plz xD !!!

cheers

ALL ABOUT THE DWARF ROGUE BUDDY.

See you in WoD when Dwarf is best Alliance race, so my super QT human Female Rogue can finally become a MANLY MAN DWARFLY DWARF

Deleted
    hi there,
    played human bc & wotlk and changed to worgen with cata. 2 problems i see:

racial boni: 1% crit is nice but darkflight is kinda useless for rogue

X-mog: hard to find helm/feet that look good on a worgen

i rly like the whole worgen and gilneas theme/style but im thinking about a race change for WoD, mainly because of the xmog problem ....