Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Wildstar thread has over 3 million views and over 18 k pages

Seems like more than just a fad now at this point. Lots of people are playing and/or wanting to read bout it, it is time for a sub forum no? If not, what is the criteria for creating one?

Edit* Should read over 1800 pages
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Yeah it's a bit crazy there isn't a forum for W* yet.

wasn't this supposed to "kill WoW" ????? I haven't heard a single review since all the beta hype. Did this game just turn out as a big let down?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Have you actually looked at the content of the posts over the last month or so?

Not to mention how much the thread itself has slowed down.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread looks pretty slow to me to warrant a sub forum. Mods where pretty much right about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Seems like more than just a fad now at this point. Lots of people are playing and/or wanting to read bout it, it is time for a sub forum no? If not, what is the criteria for creating one?

Edit* Should read over 1800 pages
    hasnt that thread been open for like 3 years at this point?

3 million in that amount of time isnt very much when all it takes it clicking on it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Just interested why would Wildstar want a forum on a World of Warcraft fansite, surely it would be better having a whole site dedicated to a game rather than a sub-forum on another games fansite. Also just out of interest as I am not a big follower of the game, I remember when it launched there were a lot of people streaming it on Twitch but lately it does not seem to be one of the big streamed games. I know streaming does not always equate to popular but was just wondering why it is not one of the more popular streamed games.
    Looks to me the name of this website is called MMO-Champion, not WoW-Champion, not World of Warcraft-Champion, not MoP-Champion... or havent you noticed?

MMO-Champion.

Seems fair to have a sub forum for another game other than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    wasn't this supposed to "kill WoW" ????? I haven't heard a single review since all the beta hype. Did this game just turn out as a big let down?
    The only people who called it a "wow killer" were wow fans trying to troll people.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hasnt that thread been open for like 3 years at this point?

3 million in that amount of time isnt very much when all it takes it clicking on it.
    It have been open for 3 years but the activity monitoring don't really start until after release, which means its more like 480 pages at this point.

Besides, judging by the kind of content being posted in that thread recently its probably not very wise to give it a own subforum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Looks to me the name of this website is called MMO-Champion, not WoW-Champion, not World of Warcraft-Champion, not MoP-Champion... or havent you noticed?

MMO-Champion.

MMO-Champion is a WoW site. The name comes from WoW being the undisputed MMO-Champion. But they do have a bunch of sub forms for other games, so Im not sure why W* doesnt have one yet.

Half of the thread is people discussing how and why this game failed. No hard feelings about it, I still have an active account, but don't see the reason why this one would win any competition for "own forum".

MMO-Champion.

Yet all I see being posted on the front page is WoW related stuff. A Blizzard Blue Tracker and the option to see other game forums if one would wish to see them.

10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion.

It's called MMO-Champion because wow is the champion of MMO's.

This site has been and always will be a wow/blizzard fan site first.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    MMO-Champion is a WoW site. The name comes from WoW being the undisputed MMO-Champion. But they do have a bunch of sub forms for other games, so Im not sure why W* doesnt have one yet.
    It's mostly because of the history of those other forums. Several of them aren't very active and only serve to clutter up the subsection so they've been more cautious with recent games. ESO players were clamoring for a subforum too and now that mega-thread doesn't even move a page a day I think.

The wildstar megathread is still moving since people are arguing over design philosophy more than the actual game.

It's because Blizzard bought out MMO-C and they don't want to advertise Wildstar anymore than what the thread is already doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    It's because Blizzard bought out MMO-C and they don't want to advertise Wildstar anymore than what the thread is already doing.

Please tell me you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It's called MMO-Champion because wow is the champion of MMO's.

This site has been and always will be a wow/blizzard fan site first.
    MMO-Champion is a WoW fansite, but you're both wrong about the reason for the name. Bouboullie (the creator of the site) originally intended to cover MMOs in general - hence the name - but then decided to just focus on WoW instead. I suppose you can say it's because WoW is the "champion of MMOs" now, but that is not the origin of the name.

Just a small nitpick. Bouboullie mentioned this a long time ago, but you can probably find a source somewhere.

On topic: Most of the subforums for other games don't get much activity. People are much better off going to a dedicated fansite and/or subreddit.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Well there have been plenty of reviews, you just never typed into the search engine "wildstar review".

I honestly didn't enjoy it much. Too grindy. But that being said, it's a well done game, just not my cup of tea.

MMO-Champion.

Are you being intentionally dense about this particular quip? Ignoring the fact that the name of the site has, in the past, been clarified as 'MMO-Champion just sounds better and has nothing to do with it being primarily about WoW', there are already sub-forums for other games.

Sub-forums that, I might add, see only a fraction of the traffic more official fan forums see for their corresponding games.