Poll: Will Thrall finally be slaughtered in WoD?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Not going to vote, as I miss the option: "Will play a role but not be the deciding factor".

And btw. he wasn't the deciding factor in MoP either. In Cata, he actually used the Dragonsoul and fired the Killshot on Deathwing. In MoP, he was lying on the ground, defeated, and just got to raise his hammer, AFTER we dealt with Garrosh.

Him defeating Garrosh on Draenor is not a big surprise. As pointed out in "War Crimes", Thrall is a powerful warrior, as well as a VERY powerful shaman, something (in the lore) no mere warrior can deal with...and for all his power and cunning, Garrosh is just a warrior, without the help of an old god, he has zero magical capabilities. And on Draenor, Garrosh will be neither be infused by an Old God, nor shielded from the elements by an Army of Dark Shamans.

My guess is, that at the end of WoD, we will be dealing with a Grommash enslaved and bound by the Burning Legion. That's several steps above Thralls capabilities, so he will be a bystander, even more so than he was in MoP.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-09-11 at 09:13 AM.

"begining" to look silly?

I've already saved his life, I've helped to bring him back to life, I've been to his wedding, I've helped him with an internal civil war, I've gone back in time to help free him, I've helped him kill the Archbishop of Stormwind.. because HE told me he was a traitor and I've helped him save the world.

.. and I'm Alliance. From a story point of view he's been leading the Horde to murder my family and friend for years, we're still at war with him as a leader of the Horde and yet I've been hanging out with him and helping him out more than I would a best mate.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Necroed thread is necroed.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    In the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the analog shifted to follow Frodo, then the scene changed to follow Gandalf, then the scene changed to follow Legolas, Aragorn & Gimli, then it changed to Sarumon, etc. etc. World of Warcraft seems to only want to show the progress of a single character - Thrall or Varian, then leave the players to wonder whats happening with the other characters. Its like following Frodo throughout the entire second LoTR movie, then beginning the 3rd movie with Gandalf having defended Helm's Deep and leaving the audience to think "What the hell happened? Why weren't we shown that event!?"

Ha, ha, did you just compare Blizzard's storytelling to Tolkien's?! That's almost blasphemy. Also, it's a game, story almost NEEDS to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Does anybody feel like Blizz' favoritism begins to look silly? Thrall has finished already two expansion bosses...Will he also pwn Kil'Jaeden, Azhsara, Sargeras?
    He's just everywhere! He fights Kilrogg (I DO HOPE he's not killed in a scenario?), Kargath, and now Garrosh - and wow, he's won again! Isn't he turning to Mary Sue to some extent? Coming everywhere and dealing all the troubles, always absolutely unharmed due to the plot armor. How many times can a single characher be used, used, used, overused to be in every single case, like Figaro?
    Am I the only one who hopes that Grom would finally gut him by the end of WoD?
    I agree and you aren't the only one who wants Thrall to just effing die. Although, when he finally dies, he might still continue to play a big role by coming in dreams, as a spirit, or whatever. In the worst case, some idiot villain will revive him and we'll be supposed to try to defeat him while being under an avalanche of emotions (yeah, right). Etc.

Frankly, it's beyond saving already.

They need to develop more heroes. big time