Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People take extremists and pretend they represent the core of the movement. More at 11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souichirou View Post
    LOL the blond at the table is one of the stupidest people I've actually heard speaking "Men are physically stronger"
    Men actually are, on average, stronger than women. It's something like 40-50% in upper body strength.

The problem is, she's saying a man should not be allowed to defend himself "because he's stronger", and will presumably be able to cause more damage. When really, what Whoopi is saying is right; teach women/young girls that it's not OK to lash out physically with the expectation that because you are probably weaker than the man you're attacking, he will not retaliate.

Deleted
    Becase it is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    No, you strongly implied that a man should never ever hit a woman ever regardless of the situation. So presumably you think a man should not defend themselves at all if attacked by a woman?
    See I get respect from women, I don't need to hit them. All I do is give them the look and they know I mean business. If a guy ever hit a woman in my family I would break his jaw, period. Plus he would be banned from family functions after he recovered and I would beat him anytime I saw him anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    See I get respect from women, I don't need to hit them. All I do is give them the look and they know I mean business.

That's good for you. What about other people? You made a blanket statement about hitting women, not just for yourself.

Deleted
    I wouldn't ever punch one if that's what you mean.
    Someone in my town was killed by a group of women. They kicked the shit out of him while he was drunk until he died. Still wouldn't defend yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Someone in my town was killed by a group of women. They kicked the shit out of him while he was drunk until he died. Still wouldn't defend yourself?
    I just cant picture any situation like that happening to me. I also don't instigate a fight with women or try to get them to hit me. Some guys purposely try to piss off women to the point they go crazy, that's not how a man is supposed to act.

If a man ever lays his hands on a woman for any reason he will have to deal with her brother, cousin, father, uncles and even her son if hes old enough.
    That's just more people to slap the shit out of.

Deleted
    Some guys purposely try to piss off women to the point they go crazy, that's not how a man is supposed to act.
    Ah yes, it was his fault they killed him

GO Whoopi! I love how the other women still said "then he's going to jail" at the end. I pity the guy she's dating.

I can't believe they all took issue with her saying teach young girls not to expect to hit people and not get hit back, what the fuck is wrong with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I can't believe they all took issue with her saying teach young girls not to expect to hit people and not get hit back, what the fuck is wrong with that?
    It's a lesson that many guys learn and it's also a skill critical to the survival of many species in the animal kingdom, yet apparently it's a bad idea. :3

I just cant picture any situation like that happening to me. I also don't instigate a fight with women or try to get them to hit me. Some guys purposely try to piss off women to the point they go crazy, that's not how a man is supposed to act.
    Ok, so lets forget all your "But that wont happen to me, and if it does I will just give that uppity chick tha look and she will know I mean business" crap.

Hypothetical situation: You are standing on a street corner, minding your own business, and some female you have never met starts to attack you. You have no idea why this crazy lady is pummeling you with her fists, but she is. She seriously looks like she intends to beat you to a bloody pulp. What are you going to do about it?

Just because you somehow magically believe that no woman would be crazy enough to attack you because your magical "look" is going to put her in her place does not mean it might not happen at some point. Are you honestly telling me that if a woman was seriously attempting to harm you, you would play the white knight and not fight back? because quite frankly I call bullshit on that.

You guys should check the youtube channel of 'thunderf00t' (yes, two zeros, not two 'o's) and his 'Why Feminism Poisons Everything' and 'Feminism vs Facts' series.

Reminds me of this video i saw a long time ago, some woman was trying to hit some guy with some sort of backround in fighting. Basically everything she threw a punch or tried to slap him he would respond accordingly i.e. he would punch her fist or slap her hand when she threw them out at him. She, in court, tried to scream that he overpowered her and that since he's a man he assaulted her even though it was all caught on tape. I wish we as a society would just establish guidelines for dealing with situations like these. If some thin petite girl is comeing at you flailing your arms as a male, you don't deck her in the face. You try your best to mitigate damage while inflicting the least amount towards her. Pushing her away/down holding her down. Obviously there are situations that that will not be enough and she could cause serious harm to you in which case you don't hold back. Frankly though both extremes are just absurd, never defending yourself physically against a women makes not sense if you are a man. On the flip side knowing you are physically stronger means you can control the situation most likrly without risk for any serious damage. The assumption of self defense should be considered before the difference in gender is taken into consideration, if more damage was done than needed to be done from an objective point of view than let professionals handle it judges lawyers ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Ok, so lets forget all your "But that wont happen to me, and if it does I will just give that uppity chick tha look and she will know I mean business" crap.

Hypothetical situation: You are standing on a street corner, minding your own business, and some female you have never met starts to attack you. You have no idea why this crazy lady is pummeling you with her fists, but she is. She seriously looks like she intends to beat you to a bloody pulp. What are you going to do about it?

Just because you somehow magically believe that no woman would be crazy enough to attack you because your magical "look" is going to put her in her place does not mean it might not happen at some point. Are you honestly telling me that if a woman was seriously attempting to harm you, you would play the white knight and not fight back? because quite frankly I call bullshit on that.
    Don't feel bad, not everyone can be a real man. Do you know what happens to guys that go to prison for hitting women?.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2014-07-30 at 06:21 AM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    See I get respect from women, I don't need to hit them. All I do is give them the look and they know I mean business. If a guy ever hit a woman in my family I would break his jaw, period. Plus he would be banned from family functions after he recovered and I would beat him anytime I saw him anywhere.
    Are any of the women in your family attractive? If so provide contact information, I will gladly put this to the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Don't feel bad, not everyone can be a real man.
    He is a troll - don't feed him.