Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Why feminism is seen as a joke to some.

It shouldn't be acceptable to hit anyone ever.

If you are going to bitch and moan for equality own up to it.

Equal rights, equal fights.

Assault me, taste dirt.

http://youtu.be/9MR0C-AlZl4

Deleted
    I'd just written a response only to find the thread locked, and then promptly unlocked; Blergh.

Anyhow.

Most people, and a majority of feminists (There shall always be fringe elements to every movement) agree.

No one should be prevented from reacting to an aggression in the name of self-defense due to gender.

Indeed, feminism opposes such notions in a general sense (Again, certain groups on the fringes take differing viewpoints).

Not really sure if this is a valid or thought invoking criticism of feminism though...

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'd just written a response only to find the thread locked, and then promptly unlocked; Blergh.

Anyhow.

Most people, and a majority of feminists (There shall always be fringe elements to every movement) agree.

No one should be prevented from reacting to an aggression in the name of self-defense due to gender.

Indeed, feminism opposes such notions in a general sense (Again, certain groups on the fringes take differing viewpoints).

Not really sure if this is a valid or thought invoking criticism of feminism though...
    5 women at the table - only one stating the truth. Sounds like feminism has a messaging issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    5 women at the table - only one stating the truth. Sounds like feminism has a messaging issue.
    If we're to cherry pick examples to make it representative of an entire movement that millions subscribe to, let me pick a lads mag gathering; And then state that men view women as sexualized objects worthy only of leering.

Hah.. They didn't get much words in there, though some of those arguments they throw out there are some what lame.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Amen Whoopi, keep your hands to yourself, or deal with the results. Love how that Lawyer chicks like YOUR BLAMING THE VICTIM!!!! she hit him 1st. hes the victim you dumb shit -.-\

Never thought I would be wanting to yell "GO WHOOPIE" at the top of my lungs...

Just don't understand how people can be this damaged, respect to Whoopi.

Anyone that encourages criminal behavior should be ridiculed and called out on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I used to think Whoopi Goldberg was crazy, but she seems to be the voice of reason on this awful shit-festivel of a show.

A woman that thinks she can hit a man isn't a feminist, she's an idiot. Hitting isn't ever okay unless used in self defense.

I have similar views on racism and masculinism as well, they're all fucking hilarious.

If we're to cherry pick examples to make it representative of an entire movement that millions subscribe to, let me pick a lads mag gathering; And then state that men view women as sexualized objects worthy only of leering.
    It's not about cherry picking anything. Im sure those other 4 women are all "you go girl!" And "girl power!" When it comes to financials and other trumped up nonsense. But talk about this or drafting...."wait that's not convenient for me. "

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Go Whoopie!
    this, that woman talks every word of sense.

i'm a man if you hit me i'm going to hit you back, don't respect my personal space i won't respect yours, that is equality, women thinking they can go around hitting men freely are just plain stupid, because that is not equality that is assuming women are just better and more important than men, and with roughly 3.5billion of each sex on the planet no sex can say they are more important.

While, true to a point, your message about sample size.

I see the very same arguments on a shit ton of social media. This isn't an abnormal rationale with feminists. People are actually behind tumblr activist logic. This isn't a talking point, this is actual logic to them.

Not all are as asinine as these chicks, I get that. Most feminists have a head on their shoulders, yet this is becoming an increasingly common occurrence to be anything other than a shift.

I'd also like to address the man who lost his job for a week. For simply saying that if you are in a relationship with a potentially violent person.......don't hit them and then hide behind your vagina?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    While, true to a point, your message about sample size.

I see the very same arguments on a shit ton of social media. This isn't an abnormal rationale with feminists. People are actually behind tumblr activist logic. This isn't a talking point, this is actual logic to them.

Not all are as asinine as these chicks, I get that. Most feminists have a head on their shoulders, yet this is becoming an increasingly common occurrence to be anything other than a shift.
    Like a co worker at espn equating his statement with mini skirts excusing rape. Bitch should be fired.

go whoppie! This is a perfect example as to why feminists are seen as a joke. the lawyer still was defending the attacking woman for hitting the man first calling the woman the victim if he retaliated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarez View Post
    I used to think Whoopi Goldberg was crazy, but she seems to be the voice of reason on this awful shit-festivel of a show.
    Kinda telling when she is the voice of reason..

Deleted
    Whoopi is absolutely right, the other women are idiots.

"But men are stronger!" - Funny how that only seems to be accepted when you want the "right" to slap/punch a man without repercussions but suddenly the sexual dimorphism, as it pertains to muscle mass and strength, is ignored as a fact when it comes to demanding women be allowed to do/be paid the same as a man in a physically demanding job that she is almost certain to be less effective at.

"It's blaming the victim!" - What? How is it blaming the victim to suggest a woman should not be allowed to put her hands on a man (or anybody for that matter) and expect not to face retaliation? Or are we saying women are victims by default, and they are incapable of being the aggressor? Is it the man's fault she got angry enough to initiate a physical confrontation? Exactly the kind of bullshit tumblr feminists love to preach.

Good on Whoopi for pointing out what true equality looks like.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-07-30 at 01:50 AM.

Radical Feminism in a nutshell: everything is men's fault and equality is only okay as long as it benefits me