Warcraft Movie: Blizzard v Hollywood "HANDLE IT!"

Maybe the title is a little vague but please let me explain. I think it's safe to assume most of you reading this know how Blizzard is when it comes to their intellectual properties. Very hush, hush. They try and keep things under wrap as long as possible, never giving us any release date, trailers, etc, until the very last minute. That's how they run their company and I'm fine with that, although as a fan of theirs it can get relentless sometimes .

Anyway....

A week ago at Comic-Con, they previewed a second, and from what I have read, more complete teaser trailer (emphasis on teaser), which to my surprise has not surfaced ANY leaked footage. Seriously not even a quick picture snap from the worlds crappiest flip phone.

Side talk: Com'on people. It's the year 2014. We have friggin cameras in our glasses now. Are you telling me not ONE PERSON in how many hundred attended that event, was able to catch ANYTHING? I'd even settle for just audio! Y'all need need to get your shit together and get some leaked foota-- *DEEP BREATH*

*Exhale* ...

Ok... sorry about that. I digress. Lets get back on track.

Continuing, We know how Blizzard is, but how are they going to handle this movie, being a multi-million dollar film, which is being made by huge production companies, Legendary and Atlas, which they are also making accessible to Warcraft fans and non Warcraft fans alike? Will they keep things under wrap for as long as possible? releasing only one or two, vague, short, teaser trailers to the general public? Or will Hollywood reign the helm, going for a more enthusiastic marketing campaign, releasing full blown trailers, and even movie clips, the closer we get to the release date?

We've already scene the first official piece, an 11 second clip of the official logo/title. (Enough with the hate people, I'm annoyed(and strangely grateful) by it too but at least we got something

My initial instinct is to actually trust there will be a more public marketing approach. If this is predicted to be a huge blockbuster, then most of the practices we're used to will be kept to a minimum. I mean, it has to right? They get enough flack from their own fan base, people who have invested years of their life into this franchise, but if you drop people who don't even play, or might have little to no understanding/caring of what Warcraft even is? That could go very wrong, very fast for a movie that will have literally taken 10 years to make at that point. I don't think they're going to chance things going wrong and take it very safe.... I hope.

I'm curious what other people think? Keep in mind the movie isn't scheduled to release for another year and a half, there is still plenty of time before they have to start releasing anything.

Also, think we'll get some footage at this years Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt someone is gonna risk getting thrown out of an event trying to secretly film something. It often costs hundreds of dollars to go to these events. Maybe even more depending on where you live. No point risking your ass trying to film something illegally that people may not even appreciate.

Deleted
    Well i'm pretty sure we'll get a trailer or inside footage, what else are they going to talk about? Patch 6.2? Blizzcon this year is, without any new title announcements, a really really lackluster event. Hearthstone expansion $$, Diablo patch 2.2 and on (don't expect an expansion for them tbh, not gonna make it yearly), WoD... yeah Wod if it's out by then (i hope 6.0 by end of september) we might see some stuff they're working on. But also for them no new expansion mainly because hell MoP lasted 2 years of which one year on one boring empty patch. They're not ready for a new expansion hell they're not ready with wod yet, features scratched everywhere.

expect for WoW at least a huge apology towards the people or it's a slap in the face.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethyrian View Post
    A week ago at Comic-Con, they previewed a second, and from what I have read, more complete teaser trailer (emphasis on teaser), which to my surprise has not surfaced ANY leaked footage. Seriously not even a quick picture snap from the worlds crappiest flip phone.

Side talk: Com'on people. It's the year 2014. We have friggin cameras in our glasses now. Are you telling me not ONE PERSON in how many hundred attended that event, was able to catch ANYTHING? I'd even settle for just audio! Y'all need need to get your shit together and get some leaked foota--
    Who cares if we didn't see it? As annoying as it is, it was exclusive to SDCC (Like the AoU and BvS clips). It should be shown at Blizzcon. I doubt all the people in that room had all played the Warcraft games. If it were to released online, I'd prefer it to be uploaded from an official source in high quality, and not from a damn phone.
    I have a feeling we'll see something proper at Blizzcon 2014, just not anything SFX-heavy as post production has probably been going on for 2-3 months now.

Of course we're going to get a big marketing campaign. It's a big-budget film (Approx. $100,000,000) and it'll have at least 2 trailers, and then release TV spots and short clips like most other distributors do nowadays.

We've already scene the first official piece

Quote Originally Posted by Kreygasm View Post
    Well i'm pretty sure we'll get a trailer or inside footage, what else are they going to talk about?
    There is the matter of 20 years of the Warcraft franchise, and 10 years of the MMORPG, so they'll no doubt be celebrating in form, waxing lyrical and be nostalgic. We'll have cake, and a murloc pet. Or a tasty combination:
    http://img4.cache.netease.com/photo/...4S2IIQ0031.jpg
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I'd be surprised if they don't show the teaser at Blizzcon. Duncan Jones did say they planned to show something this time at the last Blizzcon.