Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Your most hated raid mechanic

As the title says whats your most hated raid mechanic? Mine would have to be links with raid members. All too ofter I get linked with someone partying in Jamaica, or we link and he/she zigs and I zag, they are too slow, dont move at all, and I end up having to go XXXXX STOP MOVING! So yeah links are my most hated raid mechanic.

whats yours?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Long bits of RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Any vehicles. I hate to read all those buttons or just learning what the vehicles are for in general.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with linking as well. Especially as a raid leader because with two people linked you have to basically just assume that they're going to immediately work it out between themselves how to run into each others' faces or away from each others' faces or remain an exact distance apart from each others' faces, depending on the mechanic, and there really isn't much that I as a raid leader can do to facilitate this action.

A triangular link like on Blood Queen isn't so bad though, as it's a much more lenient kind of convergence mechanic where three people just have to stack.

long non skippable RP speeches/cutscenes. They are fine the first few times, but on progression nights they suck.
    Movement as melee.
    Linking beams, either ones you have to collapse on top of each other, or out range. Something always happens and one person has to do the opposite of what the other person is doing and the beam either goes through the raid, or is on the players too long and people die. The beam itself is usually not that bad, but when RNG decides to double fuck over one of the people linked it really sucks.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what did me in to hate links is yogg. Oh youre brain linked.....sure would be a shame if you where to be feared because someone with malady got too close and now youre partying in jamaica and your partner was a derp and didnt run with you
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Time based bosses, like the trash during Galakras for example. You have to wait for everything to continue.

Deleted
    Push the button...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Time based bosses, like the trash during Galakras for example. You have to wait for everything to continue.
    I think this more accurately describes what I mean with "Long RP"... Any part of the boss fight where the raid is standing around waiting for things to happen; be it on the pull, or a phase change, or even when he's "dead" and you're waiting for loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Tankswaps( atleast at the moment ) I really find it so uninspired to just have a boss slap something on the current tank that forces people to switch to avoid getting boned, I get it there has to be a use for the 2nd tank in a raid but there are other ways than just making the boss apply a stackable debuff or stackable dot that.

any form of linknig or chaining something.

just a pain in the ass
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Anything from lei shen. Everything was extremely easy to avoid and deal with which made the entire fight completely boring imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    RNG.... hate working my ass off most raids for absolutely fuck all.

Interrupts like Deafening Screech on Thok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Linking/Chaining? No, that's essentially the tamer version of stack and spread. Chaining is just stack or spread for a few people. Raidwide stack or spread has EVEN MORE CHANCES that it will screw up (especially spread. How 25 mans spread perfectly is beyond me, so much easier in 10 man).

Spread is the worst. I'll soak lasers, play stop and go, kite mobs, play team handball with vashj, run in slow circles dodging lasers, find the one spot on the ground that isn't a void zone, and juggle DoT dispels HAPPILY before perfectly spreading 25 man. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Tankswaps( atleast at the moment ) I really find it so uninspired to just have a boss slap something on the current tank that forces people to switch to avoid getting boned, I get it there has to be a use for the 2nd tank in a raid but there are other ways than just making the boss apply a stackable debuff or stackable dot that.
    Yeah I really didn't mind the occasional 1 tank fight. It's certainly more entertaining then "oh we need to taunt cause this debuff hit whatever number." I'd rather just go dps for a few fights.

I personally hated just about everything in the heroic Lei Shi fight. It almost single-handily drove me away from heroic raiding for a few months. I never went back after we killed Heroic Sha.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason, raid wide knock back pisses me off the no end. I can feel my blood boil when iron jugg shoots me across the map.

10+ Year Old Account
    LInking is easy in an organized raid - put down a raid marker and tell people who are linked to run TO that if the mechanic is 'linked players need to be near one another'. If it's the opposite, place two markers far apart and figure out some wa yto figure out who runs to which one.

My most hated? Vehicles/transformations ala Amber Shaper,

7+ Year Old Account
    Mind Control Mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdevine03 View Post
    I hate the bosses where there's a special phase or ability that only one person gets every attempt and if they screw it up, wipes the raid. Thinking of the amber shaper interrupt, the sha of pride pac man, inside frostmourne on normal lich king, etc. They usually aren't hard mechanics but in my experience everyone needs to see them once before they get it. As I pug a lot, these leads to a lot of time wiping until everyone gets it.
    Also, since it's random it's possible for one person to get it... then not get it for weeks.