Deleted

Can someone confirm or clarify?

So,

from a recent Blue Post :

Twist of Fate now only triggers from healing for Discipline and Holy Priests, and only triggers from damage for Shadow Priests.

Does this mean that I cannot use it to save me (as disc) but just to save a tank for example?

Or I misunderstood?

Thanks in advance for any kind of explanation

Cheer

Here, let me clarify this one for you:

Shadow loses any increased healing (like they could spare it) from healing something at or under 35% hp.
    Shadow still keeps the extra damage component. Yay survival!

Holy loses any increased damage they might accidentally do while their supporting entourage is murdering something at or under 35% hp.
    Holy still keeps the extra healing component. Everybody lives!

Discipline loses any increased damage (like we could spare it) from plinking away at something at or under 35% hp.
    Discipline still keeps the extra healing component for our vast...array....of......direct.....uh.... You know what, we can probably end here.

Deleted
    Thanks mate,

but I have totally misunderstood the Blue post, I realized few minutes ago.

Deleted
    No, now a holy/disc priest has to heal for the effect to trigger. So you have to heal a target below 35% hp, but it won´t trigger from damaging a mob below 35% hp anymore. And other way around for shadow, it wont trigger from healing someone below 35% hp anymore.

Im not sure what to think of this, kinda blows for disc. It was a nice extra boost and kept you busy trying to dmg adds/mobs below 35% for a good uptime.

Edit: Soulsinger beat me to it
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2014-07-30 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    I could be wrong but unless the talent has changed, Twist of Fate still increases both damage and healing.

However the wording of;

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Twist of Fate now only triggers from healing for Discipline and Holy Priests, and only triggers from damage for Shadow Priests.
    With the current beta incarnation of the talent seems to suggest once Twist of Fate is active, the Priest receives a 15% bonus to both damage and healing. By my reading, it is only the trigger that has changed, not the buff.

However, Shadow can only activate this ability by damaging someone sub 35% health while Discipline and Holy may only activate it by healing someone beneath 35% health. Thus, it remains reasonably similar for Shadow, functions much the same for Holy (perhaps even better now if Renew blanketing remains a thing and health dips enough), but is much reduced in effect for Discipline which has been reliant upon Atonement to generate ToF. Once ToF is up, Atonement damage should be increased by 15% but damaging an enemy sub 35% health will not refresh ToF.

Currently, in 5.4, the talent activates if you damage or heal, regardless of spec.

Edit: That's my reading of "trigger", could be wrong.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-07-30 at 07:50 AM.

You don't lose the damage component of the talent if you're in a healing spec nor do you lose the healing component if you're in dps spec. What you lose is the ability to trigger the talent by doing damage as a healing spec or healing as a dps spec. If you trigger it you still get both increased damage and healing, this change was basically made to stop the abuse of stripping your character of your gear then requipping it right before the pull and healing yourself to trigger ToF for the opener that pretty much any spriest uses or any healer that wants to pursue ranks.

While the shadow-change is resonable the disc/holy one cannot be explained with "preventing abuse by stripping at the beginning of the fight" and should have stayed as it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    While the shadow-change is resonable the disc/holy one cannot be explained with "preventing abuse by stripping at the beginning of the fight" and should have stayed as it was.
    If anything, the change reduces the skill cap of Discipline further. Personally, I always found it a fun and actually challenging task to maximise ToF uptime. I don't think I've ever succeeded at doing it to the best I could as it feels like there is a lot to juggle on some encounters but the option should be there to allow for a differential between average players like myself that are happy to rank in the top 200 and properly good Discipline Priests that compete for the sub-50 or sub-20 spots.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it now causes Disc and Holy Priests to have to strip to get the buff.

They dont have to because no holy or disc priest with a functional brain will pick ToF ever for the 1st tier and with mana costs being that high. Even PI is better than ToF now.

Deleted
    Holy has nothing against newest Twist of Fate. Is and it will be an option before and after number tuning. Raid testing will show. Divine Insight should not be in that talent row but..

- - - Updated - - -

Clarity of Purpose will eventually consume Serendipity. Clarity of Purpose and Saving Grace will rely on Twist of Fate especially in this first test phase, hint=heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

It is 10 to 30M.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get the OP? Do you know what twist of fate does? :P Just a static damage/healing buff, it won't "save" you or the tank in a direct sense.

Deleted
    Last time people were running pvp gear without bonuses and no enchants. Devs said max non-armor spirit slots will be more than enough.. Any additional % healing squeezed should be divinely important.

- - - Updated - - -

All the other classes qq @ holy prists and their glorious mana mechanics, Serendipity, Power Infusion, Mindbender, Surge of Light, Prayer of Healing replacement, Power Word: Solace when will heal again, it must be the high skill cap, highest among healers, as this spec goes oom the easiest of all the healing specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Spirit of Redemption, cheap Binding Heal that can be glyphed and hot refreshing mechanics.

Holy priest, you've got to work on your sentence construction bro. I assume English isn't your first language, because if it is that's very concerning. I'm never sure if you just have no idea what you're talking about, or if you just aren't explaining yourself right.

Quote Originally Posted by holy priest View Post
    Last time people were running pvp gear without bonuses and no enchants. Devs said max non-armor spirit slots will be more than enough.. Any additional % healing squeezed should be divinely important.

- - - Updated - - -

All the other classes qq @ holy prists and their glorious mana mechanics, Serendipity, Power Infusion, Mindbender, Surge of Light, Prayer of Healing replacement, Power Word: Solace when will heal again, it must be the high skill cap, highest among healers, as this spec goes oom the easiest of all the healing specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Spirit of Redemption, cheap Binding Heal that can be glyphed and hot refreshing mechanics.
    I have no idea what you are trying to say.

The whole point of the change was really meant to address Shadowpriests stripping during the prepull, casting PWS with glyph of PWS for the instant heal, to gain the 15% bonus damage.

So you still get 15% increased damage and healing, but it only triggers on damaging a target under 35% for shadow, and would trigger by healing a target under 35% for Holy/Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    If anything, the change reduces the skill cap of Discipline further.
    Does it? Disc had a huge uptime for ToF without having to go out of the way to trigger it, since Smite/HF are part of its rotation. A lot of players (newer ones in particular) had it up and never even tried to get it. I'm sure someone can pull out a statistic of disc priests having a higher uptime than holy in most scenarios. Now, I'm not saying I approve of the change - I think it was actually fun to have to throw a SWD every once in a while to pick up the buff - but I guess there are balance reasons as to why they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    The whole point of the change was really meant to address Shadowpriests stripping during the prepull, casting PWS with glyph of PWS for the instant heal, to gain the 15% bonus damage.
    Might've had more to do with the fact players will be on much lower HP (and potentially find themselves at sub-35%) more often than they are now. And, obviously, a lot of add-based encounters (Immerseus, Garrosh, especially Spoils) made it very easy for Disc and Holy to have a larger than intended uptime.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2014-07-31 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post

So you still get 15% increased damage and healing, but it only triggers on damaging a target under 35% for shadow, and would trigger by healing a target under 35% for Holy/Disc.
    If it was meant for them, why not change it only for them?