Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Im still enjoying playing the game, even if I only play 15 hours a month that is still only a dollar an hour(I play much more than that though =p). Considering that very few games will give 60 hours of entertainment, I dont think that is to bad. Also raiding isnt the only content...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah if I remember right Blizzard admitted they screwed up the pacing of this expansion which is part of the reason why we are having such a long content drought.
    They did the same in Wrath though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    GW2, Rift, and SWTOR being a good example of this
    The last time SWToR was a good example, was about how not to F2P.

To be honest: Other mmos at the same rate content is pushed into the game, people complaining about that there is no content to do and leave. WoW instead seems stable at subs, even if blizzard is giving you literally nothing over the past 10 months. Thats the blizzard effect.
    Silence doesn't mean acceptance.
    Sometimes you have just no desire to discuss with idiots

Personality: INTJ

I think the problem is they mismanage their resources and badly communicate while the higher ups just circle jerk.

Quality over quantity is all i can say,
    Also i enyoy wow more then those games you listed
    Also jaylock thread Obvious "Insert word that will get you an infraction here"

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It may shock you to know that an MMO does not have to be garnering millions of subs in order to be considered thriving and successful. Surely you're not implying that WoW is somehow better off from years without content?
    No, I'm implying that in my anecdotal experience (plus the people I usually play with) there hasn't been a game that grabbed our interest for longer than a few months, a shit-ton being around or released all the time doesn't change that. And we tried a lot of the big hype titles and also other more obscure ones. Wow, in the contentless shape it is now (I still got enough to do tho), is still more interesting than maybe 95% of the other titles, at least for me. Dunno, maybe it's the quality<quantity thing or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Quality over quantity is all i can say,
    How does one judge the quality of nothing?
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Still have plenty of content to do. 10 years of it. Don't care about raiding.
    And for "10 years of content", it's surprisingly little in comparison.

Plus, well, I've done nearly all of it. I may not have done it when it was current, but I've stepped foot into every raid at every difficulty (except Naxx 40), 100% cleared them (except H T14 and H T 16), even did all the optional stuff (again except T14/T16), every dungeon on every difficulty, every achievement in those dungeons, hell most of the achievements in the GAME for that matter; experienced (R)BGs/Arenas and low-medium skill PvP (I don't care to PvP really), completed a plethora of quests, side things to do; I mean just go through my achievements and you'll see how much I've done. I've gone well above and beyond the average player and I'm just out of stuff to do because stuff takes too slow. The fact that WoD STILL isn't out yet is going to cause a massive drop in subs, and we will see nothing but giant spikes downwards for Q2 and Q3.

Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

Jaylock is my new hero, that guy is not afraid to tell it like it is. Blizzard thinks that they can hide this huge content drought with this flimsy excuse 'we're making a new expansion' but it is crap. They aren't making a new expansion, they are all on vacation with rob pardo, and the fact is, anyone still playing wow at this point is a fanboy who needs to realize they are making the game worse by NOT complaining. Don't be a part of the problem guys... pull your head out.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Quality takes time
    When the expansion hit and you see nothing, then i really don't know what you wanna hear xD

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    And for "10 years of content", it's surprisingly little in comparison.
    You have almost 20k achievement points. I have 11k. There's still plenty of content for *ME* to do, especially as someone who plays for maybe 5-6 hours a week.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

This is a job for mmo-champ!

Ummm they are playing them. That is why they are still running and more and more come out each year. What an odd thing to say.
    Well..yeah..but shouldn't they play them to the point where WoW is obsolete? And not hold 1/3rd of the marked ALONE?

C'mon guys...if you have the backup of either:
    -a book that is the second most read book after the bible which spawned three HUGELY successful- films raking in 3 billion dollars
    -a franchise that goes strong since 1977 and has spawned 6 films, raking in over 4 billion dollars AND spawning a successful TV cartoon series

....and you still not only fail to obliterate WoW, but go F2P after trying to usurp the throne...seriously...if at that point you need to blame it on fanboism or sth like that, I give up....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    higher quality and less bug-ridden than the quick, free content thrown out by other game developers.
    I highly suspect that you have never played another MMO, let alone all the other free options out there.

Please elaborate on examples, because most of the ones ive played the new content is very polished and high quality.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    the fact is, anyone still playing wow at this point is a fanboy who needs to realize they are making the game worse by NOT complaining.
    Or... you know, they play because they enjoy the game...
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and you still not only fail to obliterate WoW, but go F2P after trying to usurp the throne...seriously...if at that point you need to blame it on fanboism or sth like that, I give up....
    Ah det, you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... join us and talk shit about wow! It's a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well..if that is "so sad" and if "other companies push out so much more content" - then why are people not playing all the other games?

Here I am with 11 toons...I always got shit to do and...judging by the activity around me..so do others.

With 9 billion people on the planet and only 30 million playing MMOs (of which 7 million play WoW) there certainly is a big enough market and enough choice...and don't bring in that tired argument how everyone is brainwashed and a fanboi and all that shit.
    Yeah, but all that "shit" you got to do that we all do over and over and over again... can we really stop and tell ourselves that it's FUN doing it?

I'm not making any response to the op to agree or disagree, I just want to throw it out there that I think a lot of us are just doing this out of habit.

I'm running ordos/celestials trying raid finder doing pvp and so many other things right now but it starts to feel like a burden and I stop and think... "Why?"

I guess because once I get everything geared up and the way I like it, I DO enjoy it. It's still cheap entertainment. But it's easy to understand why so many people still play this game, and it isn't just because it's soooo muchhh funnn. We're all creatures of habit. And this habit is going on 8 years. Kind of crazy when it's officially a third of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Or... you know, they play because they enjoy the game...
    Do not bring up the facts! I'm not interested, and you're too happy!

Mmos are just done. Those who play or write about them every day just haven't realized yet.
    ~ Yes, I'm a Dinosaur ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Isn't ironic that a company that has billions of dollars of revenue each year, pushes out content patches for their MMO at a rate slower than all the other companies making MMOs in the industry?

Now this is not a game vs game thread so dont turn it into that.

But its sad quite frankly that WoW has 1 year luls between content, and other games have awesome content being pushed out every two weeks, every month, or every other month (GW2, Rift, and SWTOR being a good example of this). The other sad thing is that these other games have free to play models.

So why pay for something when you can get more for free?
    I think the reason that Blizzard pushes out its content slower than other MMOs is that they don't really have anyone that they have to compete with. Other MMOs have each other and WoW to compete with so they feel it necessary to push out content faster, but with lower quality (note how fast ESO came out and how short its beta was AND how buggy it still is almost three months later). Usually when Blizzard releases a patch for WoW (talking official patches, not beta; every beta for every game has bugs), it might need work balance-wise or this might need a tweak, but it's not generally buggy.