Thread: New Naxx Decks!

New Naxx Decks!

So are there any new decks you've created that are based around Naxx cards? Or anything that you are planning on building with the cards in the next few weeks? I'm talking about something different than the meta decks with a 2 or 3 card tweak, but something that's pretty new.

My current deck that's been a lot of fun: Druid Poison Seeds deck. Its sporting 8 Naxx cards right now and runs like a token druid deck, but cards like Spectral Spiders and Nerubian eggs make it much sturdier. The Poison seeds are great for turning a board of 1/1 minions or possibly an egg into a full 7 minions of 4/4's and 2/2's. I almost always have more minions than my opponents so I normally will almost always have much more minions. Follow it up with a Power of the Wild or possibly put down a Soul of the Forrest on a few minions to really cause large damage quickly. Then you finish things up with your standard Savage Roar to the Face.
    Is this where the header goes?

Deleted
    Honestly, I haven't even had the time to ladder yet. For my priest deck, I think loatheb will be the principle change. The only other card that looks interesting, for the moment anyway, is sludge. Neither of the class cards is very interesting to me, primarily because I don't really play hunter and my only mage deck is freeze made.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not for me yet. Gone back to Shaman and modified it with older cards to make it more aggressive and it's working beautifully. Next major refit won't happen until Reincarnate.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Webspinners so much, I dusted enough cards to make the gold ones.

Having 2 extra beasts available is wonderful for my spell heavy build. Having three King Krush minions on the field is even nicer.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Love the Webspinners so much, I dusted enough cards to make the gold ones.

Having 2 extra beasts available is wonderful for my spell heavy build. Having three King Krush minions on the field is even nicer.
    I'm with you on the webspinners, so much fun. Had a deck that I was messing around on last night with the core being; webspinners, haunted creepers, vultures, knife juggler, dire wolf alpha, timber wolf, hound master, tundra rhino and then a bunch of removal spells. Was a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I'm with you on the webspinners, so much fun. Had a deck that I was messing around on last night with the core being; webspinners, haunted creepers, vultures, knife juggler, dire wolf alpha, timber wolf, hound master, tundra rhino and then a bunch of removal spells. Was a lot of fun.
    I am also with this! Crafted myself two golden webspinners after DEing the full cost Golden Eaglehorn bow and wow, they seem to have better RNG for me in their golden card form, pulled numerous Muklas, Beasts and King Krushes with it!

Webspinner peoples, question for you: Do you ever get a webspinner from your dead webspinner?
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Webspinner peoples, question for you: Do you ever get a webspinner from your dead webspinner?
    When that happens, you also get a free ouroborus.

I havn't made a specific deck around any of the nax cards, but I've put them to good use in other decks. Maexxna is especially nice in a priest or hunter deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read it's possible but I don't remember seeing it happen.

Deleted
    Confirmed yes, had it done a few times my previous games

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Not for me yet. Gone back to Shaman and modified it with older cards to make it more aggressive and it's working beautifully. Next major refit won't happen until Reincarnate.
    i would like to know what cards you are using. i am thinking of making a mulligan deck myself. Slyvanas has some interesting combos.

Deleted
    Agreed Webspinners are such fun!

I'm actually not sure if Sludge Belcher is better than a Shieldmasta, thinking if trying him out in a warrior deck.

I'd think sludge would be good in decks where you want to bait out silences as he's particularly annoying due to requiring 2 removals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Sludge Belcher can be good if your opponent cant silence it, it delays attacks to the face, which is always good.

I am considering making a Druid token/anti rush deck with a few of the new naxx cards, possibly throwing in Maexxna for a motw target,.

Deleted
    I've got this Shaman deck with Maexxna, Faceless and taunt cards. Either it works beautifully or it fails miserably. My best game was one where I ended up with triple full health Maexxna with taunt on my side just destroying all his minions.

added those nerubian eggs to my fairly standard shaman control deck, pretty nice to combo with rockbiter, flametongue, and lust. also a good insurance against aoe when you're building up your board. also i had maexxna but decided she just wasn't as good as she seemed, so I put in Loatheb and it's nice to have a bit of insurance against unleash the hounds (and aoe) especially as a board builder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    i would like to know what cards you are using. i am thinking of making a mulligan deck myself. Slyvanas has some interesting combos.
    Currently:

2 x Squire
    1 x Thalnos
    2 x Knife Juggler
    1 x Ironbeak Owl
    2 x FT Totem
    2 x Unbound Ele
    1 x Leeroy
    1 x Azure Drake
    1 x Argent Comm
    2 x Fire Ele
    1 x Al'Akir

2 x ES
    2 x RB
    2 x Bolt
    2 x Dogs
    2 x Storm
    2 x Hex
    1 x Doomhammer
    1 x Bloodlust

The Owl, Drake and Argent Comm are the interchangeable ones I'm looking at ATM. Dropped Cairne and a Drake in favour of Commanders for more aggressiveness. Then took out one Commander for an Owl (though I'm still testing whether or not the Owl's worth it in a deck with 2 x ES already; however Fire Eles are numero uno for turn 6 and I don't wanna be clogging it).

Bloodlust is now being used less as a finisher with the increase in face burst I'm running (Leeroy + FT + RB + RB, or Al + RB + RB, or Doomhammer + RB + RB, or Commanders etc etc blah blah) and more of a mid-game board clear.

Everything is dependant on the class I'm facing, of course, but there are a few standard openers I'll mulligan for. Squire + FT is a brutally punishing start if going first, and is especially good against zoo. If I draw a Juggler, I'll hold it and aim for Unbound/Dogs/Squire. If I get Unbound or Dogs in my hand, I toss everything else and mulligan for the other especially if going second. Unbound + LB is a good stall opener - spend a few turns flipping totems, then drop Unbound + coin + Bolt to swing board presence in your favour with a turn 3 3/5 and one of their minions dead.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2014-08-03 at 08:22 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)