Poll: Should Aspect of the Pack get Cut?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Poll: Should Aspect of the Pack Get Cut?

I've noticed that Aspect of the Pack is more often causing probelms than being actually useful. It's just causing grief for not only raid members but also for hunters who know how to use or not use aspect of the pack.

I think it's time for Aspect of the Pack to get cut.

Vote in this Poll.

Options:

1) Cut Aspect of the Pack
    2) Don't cut Aspect of the Pack.
    3) Other alternative describe in your post.
    4) Undecided

So... you want a key Hunter ability removed just because a few huntards couldn't figure out how to use it wisely during in your group? "The sins of the few... shall be dealt with punishment for the innocent many..."

Logic 10/10

No, it's too useful for me when running back after wiping. It would be silly to remove it just because some people screw it up.

i think it should, theres way too many hunters that have it on when they shouldnt and by now like every class has some sort of speed increase of their own anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just cut everything, so that the only button I ever have to worry about is the one for performing an extra action. Although, I think they should get rid of that, too. I always have to click it because I never bothered to look through the keybindings list to find it. I mean, who has time for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good non-combat speed increase when you're in doors (tunnels in Warsong Gulch) and if there's no one to Ankh, or Battle Res after a fight, it's a good wipe recovery tool.

I say keep it, just bake in the Glyph that removes the daze effect and instead places your Aspect on a cooldown.

You mean "Aspect of the Run Back From Wipes Faster"? It's got some limited use, but whatever. If we're intent on cutting keybinds it'd be one of the first I'd shove up against the wall.

I'd also like to see Flare gone. We have Find Hidden - if they want other classes to be able to see stealthers better, let them get their own boost.

Not a fan of having both Misdirect & Distracting Shot either. I prefer Distracting Shot - let the tanks do their own job & leave us something to save the healer with if chaos happens.

They could've taken a much more aggressive knife to all the utility keybinds on hunters, and instead they've taken a knife to our primary rotations.

Bad choice. Not Happy Jan ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM )

PS. I think a large part of it also comes down to one's opinion on whether they should be cutting keybinds at all.

I suspect "No they shouldn't" will have an artificially large showing because it's the option for both those who think they shouldn't cut any keybinds + those who think they shouldn't cut that particular keybind.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2014-07-31 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    So... you want a key Hunter ability removed just because a few huntards couldn't figure out how to use it wisely during in your group? "The sins of the few... shall be dealt with punishment for the innocent many..."

Logic 10/10
    They removed SS from every Hunter spec but Surv, which has been part of our rotation since vanilla.

Blizz logic: -1/10

Deleted
    Please don't remove my trolling abilities

I always use aspect of pack during LFR fights and stuff, please don't remove it I need it to make people in WoW angry.

If there was a way to auto-deactivate it in combat, that would be amazing. Otherwise, I would leave it alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    If there was a way to auto-deactivate it in combat, that would be amazing. Otherwise, I would leave it alone.
    macroing /cancelaura aspect of the pack to your main attack would do the trick. Or the aforementioned glyph

Well why not simply make it more like stampeding roar? Or just auto-cancel when the group is in combat rather than daze.

I think they planned to do that at one point but didn't. Maybe it was too powerful.

I don't think it needs to be removed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    macroing /cancelaura aspect of the pack to your main attack would do the trick. Or the aforementioned glyph
    Requires macro = clutter IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we removed all of the spells that some people of a certain class couldn't use correctly, we'd have zero skills left.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Screw that, keep Aspect of the Pack. It's the whole stupid Daze mechanic that needs to be cut.

keep aspect. its fun to troll people with. i remember using it fondly during the days of DS LFR during hagara, and pretty much any other raidwide aoe dmg fight. tons of lolz.

There was this really bad WSG Group I was in, so I put AotP on next to our flag carrier so the other team could kill him more easily. it was justified, can't say I remember the exact scenario though. Likely something to do with everyone fighting in mid.

If the hunter took 30% of his max health as unavoidable damage every time someone affected by Aspect of the Pack took damage, I'd be fine with it.

Alternatively, a 15 sec stun would be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No

I want a HUGE NOISY SIREN to go off when a hunter uses Aspect of the Pack in combat. Shouldn't be removed, it isn't the ability that is bad but some of the hunters.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    gosh I hate it when I'm in a random pug and there's a very special huntard that keeps aspect of the pack up...
    and obviously, even with everyone in the grp yelling at him, the priest constantly life-gripping him away, he still doesn't take it off.
    >.<
    we need some solution for it.. not really just removing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? scratch pack, because of some people are too dumb to cope with a spell that's a hunter trademark since the game's release?
    And the too dumb part goes btw. both ways. It's not just hunters who don't know how to handle it correctly.
    When I play on my hunter, Pack has also some sort of a traffic light function ever since classic times..... Pack is up = RED LIGHT..
    Don't fucking pull. lol
    So yeah, I actually use it quite frequently to signal, we aren't ready yet. Tanks have matters to discuss, healers aren't ready, and what not.
    So when you see pack... It's not always that the hunter is a huntard. Sometimes it fits a purpose other than running faster.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."