View Poll Results: Do you shower or bathe?

Voters
333. This poll is closed
  • I Shower

316 94.89%
  • I Bathe

17 5.11%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you shower or bathe?

So,

I know many foreigners (I'm USA citizen) here at my university that prefer taking baths over showers.

Question: Do you shower or bathe (to clean yourself, not for relaxation)?

I'll go first:

As an American, our society kinda runs pretty fast I think (though I can't say for others), and I feel you don't have time to take a bath so showers are a necessity. Although, I do enjoy a bath when I can find the time and place (as the place I currently live doesn't even have a tub), but this usually isn't for cleaning but more relaxation.

I also take a shower every morning before I go to class/work. Another question I want to ask is how often people clean themselves.... As I have also found out (the hard way) that many foreigners take showers/baths far less often.

Shower only, takes 5 mins and done. I take a shower when I wake up. Ill take a second one if I need to in the evening.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2014-07-31 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    You're missing a couple poll options; "both" and "no".

10+ Year Old Account
    Shower, don't have to keep warming it up.

Shower. Sometimes twice a day depending if i sweat or not. I cant sleep in the bed all greased up like a sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're missing a couple poll options; "both" and "no".
    If you read my question, this is mainly for cleaning yourself, not just whether you bathe or shower or not.

Also, "no" would be ridiculous. Sure some people might very seldomly take shower and/or bathe, but still... They have to have showered or bathed once in their life. How else would you clean yourself?
    Last edited by Forgon; 2014-07-31 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    I only have a shower in my place and i use it 1-2 times a day.

Taking a bath for me is more a relaxing thing.
    For daily cleaning it takes to long for me (and uses to much water). Also i don't really love to swim in my own dirt :P

Coming from Germany.

Deleted
    A shower is when I need to wash myself properly - a bath is when I'm feeling sore and need to chill out for a bit.

Deleted
    Depends entirely on the time of day, and what I am doing.
    In the morning, if not going out then its a hot bath, shave head and soak for at least 20 mins
    In the morning when going out then its a 3 min shower.
    In the evening before bed, Long hot bath or Shower depending on how much I am aching.

Shower. I don't fit in baths, they're always too short. Not to mention the fact baths are basically just you marinating in your own filth which doesn't seem like a very efficient way to get clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shower, every 1-2 days depending on what I do.

I put a bath in my house (besides a shower of course) really thinking it would help with sore muscles etc. Used it exactly once....... I think that goes for most people. Handy for when you have little kids though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Shower. I don't fit in baths, they're always too short. Not to mention the fact baths are basically just you marinating in your own filth which doesn't seem like a very efficient way to get clean.
    On the surface perhaps. Your pores open up more when you have a long soak and dirt that does come off is much less likely to stick once you're clean, similarly to brushing your teeth and then eating afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    "No"

I shower!

I do both, but seeing as that is no option I'll take bath, because I know most will take shower.
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

Shower, setting up a bath is entirely too much work. Showers are relatively fast and require no effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Shower, setting up a bath is entirely too much work.
    How is setting up a bath to much work ? I Littrally turn the taps on to get the temp right, put some bubble bath or salts in, throw my razor in there and go make a drink. by the time my cup of tea is ready, I can jump in the bath and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Depends entirely on the time of day, and what I am doing.
    In the morning, if not going out then its a hot bath, shave head and soak for at least 20 mins
    In the morning when going out then its a 3 min shower.
    In the evening before bed, Long hot bath or Shower depending on how much I am aching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeryn View Post
    I do both, but seeing as that is no option I'll take bath, because I know most will take shower.
    I apologize, I really didn't think people would do both actively.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I shower since I prefer not to soak in the muck I am trying to wash off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    If you read my question, this is mainly for cleaning yourself, not just whether you bathe or shower or not.
    I read your question. What are people, who clean themselves equally by bathing and showering, supposed to answer?