Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodey View Post
    I just want to start off by saying Hearthstone is a great game, also very addictive, but Since I ave no intention of buying packs I don't have any rare cards.
    I have been playing since beta, I have never bought a single pack (other than the one for the Golden Mekkatorque, from which I got no decent cards) and I have:

Millhouse Manastorm
    Nat Pagle
    King Mukla
    Tinkmaster Overspark
    Harrison Jones
    Sylvanas Windrunner
    Archmage Antonidas
    Al'Akir the Windlord
    Alexstrasza
    Deathwing
    Grom Hellscream
    Lord Jaraxxus
    Onyxia
    Ragnaros
    Sylvanas Windrunner

Plus Mekkatorque, ETC, Loatheb and Maexxna

All I do is log in, do my dailies and maybe a game or two if I feel like it. Two of those legendaries I crafted with dust - and I only dust cards in excess of 2.

It just takes time to get a good collection. And the decks you buy are exactly the same as the decks you get for playing, RNG, so all paying does is speed up the process.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-08-07 at 08:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    TCG's are P2W, as you only get things through spending money. Hearthstone is NOT P2W. You can get everything the game offers without spending any money at all.
    Yeah, sure, you are of course correct. Even though I find it being close to splitting hairs.
    Call it "pay for convenience" then, maybe that's closer to the truth.

I don't really care and I'm not offended or shocked by the fact that you're expected to throw in money. I've been playing Magic since early 90s
    Hearthstone, underneath the easily accessible front - is still quite traditional (T)CCG. And there's nothing wrong with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    94' in 93 you could still do decent with 30 lightning bolt 10 mountain decks. Which lead to the 60/4 rule.
    Ah perhaps you're correct - my nineties were a haze (of magic)
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-08-07 at 08:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Yeah, sure, you are of course correct. Even though I find it being close to splitting hairs.
    Call it "pay for convenience" then, maybe that's closer to the truth.

I don't really care and I'm not offended or shocked by the fact that you're expected to throw in money. I've been playing Magic since early 90s
    Hearthstone, underneath the easily accessible front - is still quite traditional (T)CCG. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Pay for time rather, as you're just speeding up what you'd otherwise acquire.

And yeah, I don't mind throwing money at it, I've done so a lot.

Some decks are expensive/time consuming to build ... others are dirt cheap. If you are new to the game, use one of the cheap decks. The power of deck is not about how much dust it costs. You can build 15k dust deck and get beaten by a 1k dust deck.

And for the record cheap mage deck is harder to play than others, you can't just smash things on the board and expect miracles ... I would recommend cheap aggro lock or hunter decks, those are easy to start playing with. There are viable hunter decks that cost under 1k dust. If you tried really hard and chain arenas you can probably build it in a day or two and get yourself to rank 5 or higher with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulla View Post
    Play Zoolock it's a free budget deck. (Joke).
    Is it a joke ? Zoolock cost around 1500 dust ... you can build it in a week or two if you do dailies and arenas. And it's a strong deck. Depending on meta ppl use it to get all the way to legendary.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    He was obviously referring to the hero power.

Mage may only be 1 damage, but its 1 damage at 2 mana / 0 card cost that can hit any target.
    Its far more powerful than it looks.
    I would actually argue that it's the most useful and versatile hero power, to the point of being OP even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Is it a joke ? Zoolock cost around 1500 dust ... you can build it in a week or two if you do dailies and arenas. And it's a strong deck. Depending on meta ppl use it to get all the way to legendary.
    Depending on the specific deck you use, yeah. Some chose to run a Leeroy as a finisher in addition to the Doomguards.

Yeah, I mean despite having the 15 legendaries above I'm actually playing a Zoolock lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    At minimum, you can make 140g a day (3x40g quests and 2x10g/3 wins).
    You get one daily a day, hence the name 'daily', so minimum 40g (plus 1 or 2 times 10g for the wins). If you play smart, you can get a 60g quest almost every day.

I have never bought a single card pack and have hit legend twice. While it is sort of pay-to-win, you can still easily win without paying. That said the game grows old very quickly, so enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Depending on the specific deck you use, yeah. Some chose to run a Leeroy as a finisher in addition to the Doomguards.
    Yeah, but that's more of a flavor than a necessity. Leeroy does not control the board well, which is one of the main things that zoo wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that's more of a flavor than a necessity. Leeroy does not control the board well, which is one of the main things that zoo wants to do.
    Which is very true, and why I removed him from my Zoo deck. That said, he is a good finisher.

It's more like "pay for instant control decks" since those tend to be very expensive.

If by winning you mean hitting legendary, then no you don't have to drop a dime to make that feat. Even if you spend money, it would still take a big amount of games to make legend rank. Wins and losses will happen.

Some of the best cheap decks revolve around lock, shaman, and hunter. These decks make legend without more than a bunch of rares and commons.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    It still proves its possible, which may(or not) stop the people crying because its pay2win
    Doesn't prove shit til we see some proof of his legend status.

CCGs aren't pay to win. They are pay to play. You buy the cards, then you play.

If you don't buy all the cards, you are playing with a big disadvantage. That's on you. But the game costs a couple hundred bucks, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Doesn't prove shit til we see some proof of his legend status.
    Yeah it's not like it's been done multiple times and recorded and uploaded on youtube or anything like that.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

The game works this way, either play ALLOT, or pay to not have to play allot and be able to win. Pay to win? Yes, sort of. They force you to play allot if you do not pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've spent less than 10 dollars on HS, and I have a bunch of legendaries and rares. It's a game with an entry barrier, how is that not fair?

Thread logic: It's not P2W as long as anything you can buy can also be earned ingame. I'll let Blizzard know they can start selling mythic raid level gear in the expansion and nobody will complain.

And before the sub fee comes up, you pay sub for server access, nothing more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Thread logic: It's not P2W as long as anything you can buy can also be earned ingame. I'll let Blizzard know they can start selling mythic raid level gear in the expansion and nobody will complain.

Did you just try and compare two very different types of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post

As stated many times in this thread ... you can get to legendary with decks you can build in a week or two of farming. Anyone who makes the p2w argument surprisingly is not talking about winning in the game, but omg legendaries ... I want.

If all you care about is winning, you don't need to spend a penny on HS. If what you care about are decks full of golden legendaries, then yeah ... you can win those by paying.