Thread: Knee injury

Knee injury

A week ago I was on the bus, and all the seats were taken so I stood up.
    Of course the bus was late and the driver was driving probably way above the legal limit. Anyway, long story short; bus has to brake, I'm bracing with my left leg and gripping a pole but the force is too great (I think) and I put my whole upper body weight on my left knee and it bends inwards towards my right leg.

It hurts like a bitch and for the rest of the bus ride I can't put any weight on the leg and I'm freaking out thinking it's broken or something. By the time I got out I could moderately walk, which I was thankful for. Now this is probably where I made my first mistake. I probably should have gone directly and gotten it checked out (especially since I live like 200m from a hospital) but I figured since I made a dramatic recovery (from not being able to stand on the leg to being able to walk) it'll be fine in a couple of hours. I check when I get home and there's no swelling or anything like that.

By the time 2 days had gone by I was in too deep to have it checked out.

I'm a week in now and I haven't narrowed down what's wrong yet. This morning when I got out of bed I almost fell over on my first step so it's either the rotation of my leg at that point or the weight. I feel like it's probably a combination of both since there's no way I could jump at this point (I've tried). The pain has decreased some not significantly really. Oh, and I usually can't walk downwards or upwards on uneven surfaces (stairs are fine) so again, I suspect it's something with the rotation. Bending it isn't really a problem and I can feel some sort of paint while holding my leg out and rotating it.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, has someone experienced the same injury (inward bending of the knee) and could tell me what it is? Honestly I'm more interested in you telling me I won't need surgery because that's the main reason I'm not going to the hospital right now.

Yeah you should probably go to the hospital. Your life > Medical bills

1, go see a doctor.
    2, stop wildly speculating things about the driver about him speeding etc.. :P
    3, go see a doctor.

nobody here will be able to give you any proper advice without seeing you. though I'm sure some of mmoc's regulars would like to pretend to know it all!!

Ugh, you're not telling me what I want to hear!
    Alright, I'll call tomorrow and get a time, unless I should go to the ER, but I think that's a bit drastic considering it happened a week ago.

Probably hyperextended it and sprained a ligament (probably ACL since it was a twisting/lateral extension from your description, MCL is usually a result of a backwards hyperextension). But you're in Sweden dammit, go use your government healthcare and get it looked at, xray/MRI

Probably get a brace to wear for a few weeks. But worth getting checked out to make sure it's nothing major.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    We do not allow medical advice here, as mis-information could be a major issue. Refer to a doctor if you are having any issues.