Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you REALLY want your garrison in the same zone as your capital hub?

I mean really, would you?

I know I wouldnt. That would suck, where would I spend more time? It would make ONE of them less populated than intended. Maybe once Blizzard realized you wouldn't be able to place your garrison in any zone you'd like, they scrapped the idea of capital hubs in Bladespire and Karabor?

The garrison and the capitol have different amenities, and the intended population of your garrison is between 0 and 1 most of the time. But hey, now, instead of the capitols being underpopulated because people are bunkered up in their little human forts and orc hovels, they'll be underpopulated because they're shitty little bivouacs out on the edge of a lake somewhere east o' Jesus.

So they scrapped one idea because they scrapped another, great planning Blizzard.

No they scrapped both ideas because they're left with a dev team not large enough and controlled by a handful of money men at the top who care not for the health of the game only their own wallets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    So they scrapped one idea because they scrapped another, great planning Blizzard.

No they scrapped both ideas because they're left with a dev team not large enough and controlled by a handful of money men at the top who care not for the health of the game only their own wallets
    im not sure i understand how scrapping things makes them richer

I would, i like to see /trade so the only time i will go to my Garrison is when i have no choice. I hate the whole mandatory idea of it.

Those who say its not mandatory are likely just nut jobs. You get extra coin rolls for loot, buffs, gold towards gear upgrades form BMAH etc etc.. its a needed grind. Going to drive me nutty i just know it. Will be like farming in MOP.. i mean how fun was farming/cooking (for me not fun at all i hated it) think about doing that for 2 years (just to stay on par). Not fun at all.

If they made it so the coins you got were only able to be used in Flex or LFR or something i would be cool with that would at least make it feel a little less mandatory same with the buffs make them only work in a set raid setting for some scrubs.

Being close to city.. perfect for me quick flight other get the grind done then back again to fly around.. oh wait... i cant even fly around anymore ffs blizzard how am i suppose to pass time now in the city i loved flying in loops and dropping from as high as i could into water.

Deleted

So.. is that wrong? Blizzard can do what they want, and if we dont like it, we can just cancel sub and leave wow. However, if we keep playing , using money in the shop etc, we indirectly say that it is "OK" what they are doing.

You do realize how stupid that claim is, right? If they care about their wallets, they care about the health of the game since no one playing = no money for their wallets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    The garrison and the capitol have different amenities, and the intended population of your garrison is between 0 and 1 most of the time. But hey, now, instead of the capitols being underpopulated because people are bunkered up in their little human forts and orc hovels, they'll be underpopulated because they're shitty little bivouacs out on the edge of a lake somewhere east o' Jesus.
    to be fair, they have the same amenities. Bank, mailbox, inn, transmog, etc. Looking through wowhead you can see whats offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    to be fair, they have the same amenities. Bank, mailbox, inn, transmog, etc. Looking through wowhead you can see whats offered.
    They could have the same amenities depending on your choice of buildings. For example, if you don't set up a storehouse then you won't have a personal bank, guild bank or transmog at your garrison.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter because both bases will have a diffrent artstyle and something unique even though they are in the zone.

Even if this theory was indeed true, then after they scrapped the idea of choosing the zone for your garrison (which I disagree with as well), then they should have made the garrison zones different than capital city zones. Sounds more simple. Especially since FFR is really awful and because of it so is the Horde garrison (and well, because of the architecture). The city was the only positive aspect of that godforsaken wasteland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    I mean really, would you?

I know I wouldnt. That would suck, where would I spend more time? It would make ONE of them less populated than intended. Maybe once Blizzard realized you wouldn't be able to place your garrison in any zone you'd like, they scrapped the idea of capital hubs in Bladespire and Karabor?
    Stop pardoning blizzard, they messed up and deserve the communities grievances for it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Stop pardoning blizzard, they messed up and deserve the communities grievances for it.
    This so much

there is absolutely no reason for the capitals to be in a pvp zone that offers literally nothing to people who only pve.

I don't mind pvp, but it still makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ashran hubs don't even have anything of value to the lore of draenor, its just 'the pvp zone'.
    #boycottchina

Would be willing to bet after launch they will let you move around in a future patch like others said pve realms and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Actually the Ashran hubs are supposed to be the staging area for the military engagement going into Tanaan.

Military engagement that makes no sense, what with the the severity of the situation they're trying to sell, and the peace treaty that was .. well, the focal point of SoO, the one raid right before WoD.

No not really. Shadowmoon Valley is awesome.

We were suppose to be able to put out Garrison in any zone we wanted originally though.

Deleted
    It is kinda simple... initial idea was capital cities with garrisons being glorified housing in the form of facebook game... but then they got the idea to make garrisons center of your factions affairs in draenor, tie them to the leveling and lore, with different things and stuff in every other zone. The moment that happened, anyone sane would realize that garrisons would be tied to one zone and stationary and because of that and "story" reasons... if you have big base for your faction on draenor, why would you have capital city too?
    oh look, we have huge ass base where everything noteworthy is for our faction and all noteworthy personnel is there... but hey, our capital is some draenei city we liberated that is full of draenei and has almost 0 meaning to us

for garrisons to be movable, whole questing system would have to be remade, outposts scrapped and garrisons involvement in each zone removed... it would become player housing with small personal "army", that wouldnt make much sense, with no ties to world or faction, and then cities would make sense... but as you are promoted into some kind of commander of your factions forces on draenor, it makes sense that your garrison is the center and is located in first zone where you settle down and "liberate"... how else would your faction manage to go through later content without base? :P

So for me, cities and garrisons just changed... nothing is scrapped, as it is not possible for it to stay the same after garrisons were given bigger role than just glorified housing... and change might be for the better, and makes more sense too... as your base should be center of your faction, not some city none of your faction even goes to, as they stay in your main base...