Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Did they? That was quoted about a couple pages back, and I saw no definitive "No. It's not the next expansion."
    Chilton said that it was wildly overhyped and that they usually only do joke stuff with Pandaren.

[Mist of Pandaria is] "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    Back then, a lot of people said he clearly debunked the rumor and those who still believed in MoP were just delusional people who were too dense to see that Blizzard already debunked it. In any case, it shows that Blizzard can have reasons why they would like to keep things secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    So someone has posted this and apparently many people repost it all over the internet

"-client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton"

To which the blue post replied:
    "This never happened and such functionality is not planned, please don't spread false rumors."

What do you guys think is this real or fake? On the one hand it is plausible because Blizzard does experiment wit hincreased amounts of Cash Shop content at maximum level (Such as the EXP Potion/Lesser Charms from Store on the Testrealm which have been cut and the lv90Boost was introduced instead) but on the other hand Blue posters are credible when it comes to denial, such as when Ghostcrawler posted that the "5.5 Rise of the Legion" picture was fake - turned out it actually was fake.

So what do you MMO Champions think or even know?
    It's fake.

But there are so many intellectual stumps out there, that it'll keep getting traction with that group and we'll be stuck listening to it for a while. I doubt Blizz would hide it if they were planning it. In fact, there are so many people complaining about a lack of garrison options that this would probably be considered a "good" thing if they added it. So the logic of denying it, while believing that it actually exists, doesn't even hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    I read the title as Garrosh Cash Shop.
    glad i wasnt the only one when i first glanced at the title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    Only bit worrying under global strings

• UPGRADE_FEATURE_13 - Boost a character to level 90
    • UPGRADE_FEATURE_14 - Battle to Level 100 on the world of Draenor
    • UPGRADE_FEATURE_15 - Build and upgrade your garrison

but that seems just for the features of WoD
    Generally Global strings is used as a handy list for localisation. IE Translation into other languages and things. Look to me like UPGRADE_FEATURE_15 is just a handy variable name for where "Build and upgrade your garrison" appears in the UI.

Absolutely nothing to worry about IMHO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have not seen anything datamined that would relate to cash shop purchases for garrisons however early previews showed that buildings could be purchased using an alternative currency. I don't know if that currency is in recent beta builds but it would seem like a prime candidate to become a store item and it would be my guess that this is where the rumours originated.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext68.jpg
    It currently (as in last time I checked last night) uses Garrison Resources.

I've had these drop from rare monster spawns , random chests in the world and quests [I think]

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There was an idea base for it, and it was apparently scrapped and didn't see the daylight further than from the paper.
    Sad to see that even Mods try to spread lies.

If there truly was a base idea, try to link the source and if you cant, you are just trying to make up shit.

Also some Mod should close this thread. This thread was created after it was confirmed by Lore that it is fake and you guys still let this thread open.

Great job guys.
    Last edited by Yindoo; 2014-08-02 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Just question of when
    Remember when they said that they won't allow faction transfer ? Then when they allowed it, they said they will 'keep eye on it' ?
    What about most things said in blizzcon were just 'promises' that won't happen ?
    And people will still defend blizzard anyway

You really think Blizzard would care if they were doing it? OFC they would let you know what would you do unsub.. like the care. :P If anything this "Fake" news will just give them the idea to do it if they have not ready got it on the table for later on.

Stream PC: CPU: i7 4790k RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400Mhz GPU: GTX 750ti (EVGA SC) MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Connection: Down:78MB UP:20MB

It is real. Blizz is all about lies nowadays, or bending the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Isn't it enough that Bashiok clearly says that there is no Garrison Cash Shop?
    Exactly. It will never happen if a Blizz dev denies simply because of the controversy it would cause as it would mean that he was lying. Also, rumours like these go around all the time. Its not exactly uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post

If there truly was a base idea, try to link the source and if you cant, you are just trying to make up shit.

Also some Mod should close this thread. This thread was created after it was confirmed by Lore that it is fake and you guys still let this thread open.

Great job guys.
    I think this is blatant moderation abuse. This thread shouldn't have been going for this long and now that it has people are still thinking it's real.

Great job guys.
    There is proof in this thread that blizzard have denied something then later revealed it was true, and there are dozens more throughout these forums. That makes the premise for the thread to be open completely legitimate - and anyone saying it couldn't possibly true under the basis of a blue saying it isn't as naive and nothing else.

It's certainly debatable. I don't think garrisons will ever get real currency attached in any form, BUT the blue post does nothing to prove my opinion - and this is a discussion forum, not a "Yindoo's personal censored news bulletin".
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanda View Post
    Exactly. It will never happen if a Blizz dev denies simply because of the controversy it would cause as it would mean that he was lying. Also, rumours like these go around all the time. Its not exactly uncommon.
    That would not be lying it would be letting players have a look at current development.

It's more absurd to me that anyone would believe Blizzard never 'thought' about it. What kind of half-arsed company would they have to be to not even at least having thought about such features or messing with the idea and possibilities.

Ofcourse they had an idea base for it at one point. They'd have to be incompetent not to have had.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    This, a million times.

Read the goddamn thread itself and you'll find Lore stating that it is false. If you need more proof than that, you're beyond help.
    Cash Shop lore...kek

Guise it's not real because my mom said so. And Bill Clinton said he never had relations with that woman so he definitely didn't.

Skins for buildings won't ever happen. Ever. Not with the giant outcry about race-related buildings. Then they're to supposedly use them in the cash shop? Would be too much. Won't matter what skins would be in there, if people knew that they spent time on that instead of actual free content that people desire, they will be mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    So someone has posted this and apparently many people repost it all over the internet

"-client code for garrison cash shop functionality discovered, quickly removed along with tweet mentioning it from cory stockton"

To which the blue post replied:
    "This never happened and such functionality is not planned, please don't spread false rumors."

What do you guys think is this real or fake? On the one hand it is plausible because Blizzard does experiment wit hincreased amounts of Cash Shop content at maximum level (Such as the EXP Potion/Lesser Charms from Store on the Testrealm which have been cut and the lv90Boost was introduced instead) but on the other hand Blue posters are credible when it comes to denial, such as when Ghostcrawler posted that the "5.5 Rise of the Legion" picture was fake - turned out it actually was fake.

So what do you MMO Champions think or even know?
    If people aren't willing to believe Blizzard, well, there is nothing we (as MMO-C posters) can do to change that.

I am willing to believe Blizzard on this point as I can imagine false information hidden in the game files just to fuck with the Dataminers. Think back to the Kara stuffs during the WoD Alpha.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Anything that needs to be said about this has been said. The rumor was a fake. End of story. If people wish to discuss Blizzard's honesty and ethics there are other places to do it. Or you can just write to Blizzard.

So moving on to other things.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!