Thread: Child Free Day

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    So we're just going to hate on people who love being parents and want large families?
    We're hating on self-professed gold-diggers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walpole View Post
    I never wanted kids. In my early 20's I traveled A LOT. I went All over the US, Caribbean, Europe twice, South Africa, Turkey, Egypt, Japan and even China. Let me tell you something, traveling is over rated. The only thing that really changes is the food and the scenery. Later I met my girl and when we first met neither of us wanted kids,especially her. After a few months I knew she was the one and my feelings started to change. I wanted to have a kid with this person. One day we were talking and she confessed she changed her mind too. So I think its about finding the right person.
    Travelling was so overrated that you did it for years and years, all over the world. Got it. Why not admit you loved travelling and you later decided to settle down and now you love that? Nothing wrong with either of those things.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

So we're just going to hate on people who love being parents and want large families?
    I fail to see any hate. Childless couples, especially the women, do get a lot of flack for not wanting kids though. That's just a fact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    We're hating on self-professed gold-diggers.
    me no study
    me no care
    me gonna marry millionaire
    if he die
    me no cry
    me gonna marry another guy
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I fail to see any hate. Childless couples, especially the women, do get a lot of flack for not wanting kids though. That's just a fact.
    I was responding to a couple specific posts. I added them to my reply.

So we're just going to hate on and make assumptions about people who love being parents and want large families? Cool..
    Someone's trying too hard to get offended.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I still fail to see any hate.

To be completely fair, the poster in question never professed to wanting a family. Only to be supported.

Happy child free day, everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to think exactly like the OP until my wife got pregnant. The entire pregnancy I was like a selfish little wuss "Damn this is going to cost so much money, now I can't go x place whenever I want or do x anymore!!"...then came the day he was born and my outlook on life did a total 180 in a matter of seconds. We now have two beautiful sons and life is better than I could have ever imagined it being while I was sitting around totally self-absorbed...I don't think men can ever really be men until they're fathers.

But that's just my opinion and I really don't care what the OP does with his life. It's his loss, I guess, but everybody has their own ideas of what happiness is, just don't assume that looking at something from the outside is the same as living it day-to-day, because it's not even close to what I thought it would be like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Case in point. Two weeks ago my wife and I decided to go to upstate NY (Watkin's Glen) at the spur (decided on Tuesday evening, left Thursday morning) of the moment to do some wine tasting. So we did, and it was glorious. We spent a long weekend drinking great wine, eating delicious cheeses, hiking along waterfalls and having sex in our nice hotel room with a king size bed.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    The perpetually relevant XKCD comic

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Case in point. Two weeks ago my wife and I decided to go to upstate NY (Watkin's Glen) at the spur (decided on Tuesday evening, left Thursday morning) of the moment to do some wine tasting. So we did, and it was glorious. We spent a long weekend drinking great wine, eating delicious cheeses, hiking along waterfalls and having sex in our nice hotel room with a king size bed.
    Well... high five?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    ..I don't think men can ever really be men until they're fathers...

You had a decent post going until you typed that steaming coil. /eyeroll
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Honestly, both sides need to stfu once in a while. Not everyone wants kids, but most do. I realize I am in the minority and I do get annoyed by the condescending comments when people ask me or my husband why we don't have/want kids, but I understand why they do.

Another case in point.

In preparation (more like, learning the process) for more extended/international trips in the future, the SO and I packed up a bunch of camping shit in a bike trailer and packed some clothes in panniers and headed out for a four-day, 300 mile self-supported grand adventure from Minneapolis to Duluth.

In the future we're talking about things like a month in the UK, and later Holland, and Japan...

No way in hell we could pull these things off with anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Travelling was so overrated that you did it for years and years, all over the world. Got it. Why not admit you loved travelling and you later decided to settle down and now you love that? Nothing wrong with either of those things.
    Did I hurt your feelings because traveling has defined your life and me saying that has somehow trivialized it? I look back and see wasted time. You ever look at one of your level 90's and go "wow,what a waste of time"?

I've decided that there is no point to this thread.

So I guess we're done.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You state it as though couples with children aren't able to do what you described. Sure time constraints as parents would make it much more difficult, but not impossible.

15+ Year Old Account
    My parents have been traveling and doing all sorts of shit despite having three children. Just because you think you can't do it, doesn't mean others (or you) can't.